Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Cruising at the limited top speed of 250kmh for 20min will dry up the tank.
to cruise at that speed...titanium ball

I better off going with ball bearing, because i am not planning to change the turbo as that will require me to change out the manifold as well. One mods lead to the other, after modifying the turbo, fuel injectors and ECU needs to be modified as well. Never ending journey,
good choice.

if you not going for high power, remain stock injector is good enough..just get it remap(if its possible for your stock ecu)

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

good choice.

if you not going for high power, remain stock injector is good enough..just get it remap(if its possible for your stock ecu)
I am going for fast response, the power is there on every command, like a small turbo kind of response. Stock ECU as far as i know can't be remapped by many tuners. I will need at least an adequate piggyback to molest the stock ECU.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am going for fast response, the power is there on every command, like a small turbo kind of response. Stock ECU as far as i know can't be remapped by many tuners. I will need at least an adequate piggyback to molest the stock ECU.
Forget piggybacks and get a decent Links ECU la. It's one of the better and cheaper ECUs right now and definitely has more range than a simple piggyback

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Forget piggybacks and get a decent Links ECU la. It's one of the better and cheaper ECUs right now and definitely has more range than a simple piggyback
I only need very simple AFR tuning due to my current intake and exhaust piping are non stock, so car is not running optimally. Link ECU might be overkill.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

good choice.

Bro... Don forget one fella have adamantium balls. lol...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I guess AMG assume by default all of the AMG owners have titanium balls hence it limited to 250kmh.

Those with adamantium can go ahead and remove the limiter and reach adamantiun level of 320kmh.

Anyway, i also want to know what is the fc for such powerful perdana. I bet it can beat my Pajero. A trip of about 90km (Mlk to Bahau) at speed of 80kmh and below will consume at least 1/4 tank...thats about RM50-60. Offroad? 20min or crawling palm oil plantation using 4x4 mode will consume 1/4 tank too.

Its 2 different world of motion but one thing in common....'excellent' fc.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I only need very simple AFR tuning due to my current intake and exhaust piping are non stock, so car is not running optimally. Link ECU might be overkill.
if you think current ecu is not up to par with your expectation, better go link ecu.

from my POV, either rechip or standalone.link has good support and affordable.

but i sold mine and using rechip now funding for haltech elite :evil::evil:

that guy one second adamantium balls, another second saggy ball. hahaha

I guess AMG assume by default all of the AMG owners have titanium balls hence it limited to 250kmh.

Those with adamantium can go ahead and remove the limiter and reach adamantiun level of 320kmh.

Anyway, i also want to know what is the fc for such powerful perdana. I bet it can beat my Pajero. A trip of about 90km (Mlk to Bahau) at speed of 80kmh and below will consume at least 1/4 tank...thats about RM50-60. Offroad? 20min or crawling palm oil plantation using 4x4 mode will consume 1/4 tank too.

Its 2 different world of motion but one thing in common....'excellent' fc.
my car i only confidence up 180.

200 is my limit because the car felt 'light'
fuel consumption worse 8km/liter , chill drive( underboost) 10km/liter:driver::driver:

Your pajero is diesel or?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
if you think current ecu is not up to par with your expectation, better go link ecu.

from my POV, either rechip or standalone.link has good support and affordable.

but i sold mine and using rechip now funding for haltech elite :evil::evil:

that guy one second adamantium balls, another second saggy ball. hahaha

my car i only confidence up 180.

fuel consumption worse 8km/liter , chill drive( underboost) 10km/liter:driver::driver:

Petrol...all 2555cc of it.
Engine code 4G54.
90kmh at 3k rpm so u can imagine the fc.

Fastest i go is 140kmh at Lekas and its too much to take with the engine noise, wind noise, and body movement.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Petrol...all 2555cc of it.
Engine code 4G54.
90kmh at 3k rpm so u can imagine the fc.

Fastest i go is 140kmh at Lekas and its too much to take with the engine noise, wind noise, and body movement.
4g yo!

**90kmh at 3k rpms if u ask me is low hehehehe

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thats about the same as my Pajero. Cool, we have something in common despite different speed...hahahah.

I think i can beat your chill drive figure if i dont use aircond on the Pajero. I still remember i got 11km/l driving like an old uncle and aircond Off plus upshift at 2k rpm.

Also, i notice that carrying more weight does not affect the fc. Putting the roof rack which messes with the wind will double fc. Is it the same with yr car? I think its down to the torque figure and availability range.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
At the rate you're modifying your car - you might as well prepare for more with a full on standalone. Considering how it can do everything, it's not overkill. Just peace of mind.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience