Perdana V6 Gearbox Problem

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
3 from v6 (right, rear, front), left from rvr
sorry for too many question bro, left from rvr is ur driver or co-driver side? dun want to buy the wrong side. really appericiate ur help here.

u use full rubber for front & rear, how about the vibration?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all Perdana sifus,
May I ask normally in what fashion or way the Perdana auto gearbox die? Losing gear engagement slowly or suddenly? I'm asking because my car gearbox suddenly died while I was driving causing me stranded somewhere far away in the middle of a rainy night. It came suddenly with a violent shudder and all gears failed with 0 engagement. Not much prior symptom except occasional shudder during down hill.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hi all Perdana sifus,
May I ask normally in what fashion or way the Perdana auto gearbox die? Losing gear engagement slowly or suddenly? I'm asking because my car gearbox suddenly died while I was driving causing me stranded somewhere far away in the middle of a rainy night. It came suddenly with a violent shudder and all gears failed with 0 engagement. Not much prior symptom except occasional shudder during down hill.
if ur gbox suddenly died like that (no gears except for P), then most probably becoz the torque converter died (the internals gone..).
i believe just by changing the torque converter, ur gbox will be ok again, no need to change/overhaul the gbox.

actually there are many ways the gbox dies. either slow or sudden.
i happen to be victim of the torque converter death (just like u) with my V6 NA auto; and currently my RVR Turbo auto gbox is dying state (can consider dead la..).
the RVR gbox did not have any judder or jerk symptom, but while cruising @ 11-120kmh on PLUS, it drops to 3rd gear. then after several hours of rehat at home, it only engages 1st gear.
now my car is in the workshop for a gbox transplant.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you NeuroOne for that. It was my first time of auto gearbox death. However, I already had it changed to a recond unit few days ago. It was unfortunate for me, because of this unexpected event my plan for turbo transplant is being pushed back indefinitely until further 'notice'. sigh

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
if ur gbox suddenly died like that (no gears except for P), then most probably becoz the torque converter died (the internals gone..).
i believe just by changing the torque converter, ur gbox will be ok again, no need to change/overhaul the gbox.

actually there are many ways the gbox dies. either slow or sudden.
i happen to be victim of the torque converter death (just like u) with my V6 NA auto; and currently my RVR Turbo auto gbox is dying state (can consider dead la..).
the RVR gbox did not have any judder or jerk symptom, but while cruising @ 11-120kmh on PLUS, it drops to 3rd gear. then after several hours of rehat at home, it only engages 1st gear.
now my car is in the workshop for a gbox transplant.
Bro what gearbox you are transplanting? Manual? :)

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Bro what gearbox you are transplanting? Manual? :)
no la. still auto.
gatal to put in manual, but after weighing pro and cons, i stick to OKU la. haha...
got the gbox for rm550. locking and installation around rm600.
but still not put in yet coz the workshop got many cars to attend to before mine..

Roy2777

Tornado Red
May 10, 2007
www.youtube.com
Hi Sifus,

My stock V6 NA '08 suspected gb gone for 2nd time. The gear can be upshift/downshift as normal so far but theres whining sound when the car on move. However during 'P' everything was normal until I tried to move from 'R' to 'L', the whining sound and sort of rattling sound came. I also realised burn smell from the gb. Today i triend to change the atf but the symptom is still there. Hope sifu here can help me on this and advise what to do next. Tqvm!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wah! atf cooler alone not good enough? Maybe because your turbo?:driver:
can, but I advice to add a fan infront of the cooler.
because most temperature spike is during traffic jams which barely got any air moving to cools the oil cooler...

hence my satria oso got the ATF cooler+fans.... :biggrin: :driver:

but now since moving to no-jam area...it would be the most un-used mods i've done to my car... :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, this is my first post:

I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade. I got everything done at Pacific Coast Motoring. They're good but expensive. My rearview camera, underglow, and train horn are not working. Is there any place anybody knows of in the San Fernando Valley in SOCAL that can do a good job and fix this stuff up on my car? Anyone but Safe & Sound, PCM, or GAS.

Thanks Guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience