Perdana V6 Community Forum *

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
mind sharing ur mech contact no & address? looking for a mech that knows perdana best.
my mech is Najib 0196351938.
location is at Blok B, Flat PJS3 near Dewan Masyarakat Seri Manja.
GPS: 3.0722,101.6413

he's a well known mechanic among Vsixers, he's driving a Perdana Evo3, his mech partner driving a Perdana TwinTurbo.
mostly his customer are Perdana owners including me.
but right now he's super busy coz preparing car for Vsixers trackday next month..

neuro...your mech in pjs3 where ah? didnt know u always go there...roger ma la....
nanti i go there i roger u..

Hi guys,

Just want to ask. My Perdana suspension (Standard) feels a bit hard when cruising at normal roads. Need opinion whether if I use spring damper will improve on the suspension. And I had experience riding an executive taxi (Blue ones) around KL and i felt that the suspension is better in term of comfort. I did ask the taxi driver what kind of suspension system that he is using and he said that he changed to honda accord's spring and he use the standard absorbers like KYB. Is this possible guys?

Thanks in Advance
Sarled, just bought 2008 Perdana from spanco (Used) for rm28k, all ori parts. absorbers age unknown. normal road if got lobang still ok. But while using DUKE highway somewhere near jalan ipoh there the suspension is somehow felt hard. But I can't forget the experience riding the blue perdana taxi, very smooth. And the driver said he changed to honda coil springs... can fit ar?
Perdana standard springs are soft and absorbers are also soft and long stroke..
i just driven my fren's 2008 Perdana, and i was very soft and sampan-like. hehe..
very different than my car. haha..
but the cornering was top notch as long as the corners are not wavy and dont have bumps.

maybe its just ur feeling or if its not, then u need to check the absorbers, maybe..

anyway, how'd u get a Spanco Perdana? u a Gov staff?

Last edited:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Good price for that car. Congrats.
Sorry, not very sure about the Honda springs. I guess if the diameters of the coils match then it can surely fit. One main thing is there will be a mismatch between the spring rate and the absorption so I won't recommend it because we dont have enough engineering info.

ferinkx

Jan 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Perdana standard springs are soft and absorbers are also soft and long stroke..
i just driven my fren's 2008 Perdana, and i was very soft and sampan-like. hehe..
very different than my car. haha..
but the cornering was top notch as long as the corners are not wavy and dont have bumps.

maybe its just ur feeling or if its not, then u need to check the absorbers, maybe..

anyway, how'd u get a Spanco Perdana? u a Gov staff?
NeuroOne,Not Gov staff though, Bought from car dealer in Kajang, they got more than 20 units Spanco's Perdana 2006-2008.Overall car condition is quite good.
Cornering is nice like you said. Maybe I need to refer to Mechanic for testing. thanks.

ferinkx

Jan 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Mind sharing which Kajang dealer? Looks good. But sorry I cant help you abt the springs.
Try this link, as automobil sdn bhd. many units left when I bought mine, not sure about now. My car was used by one of the kementrian in the GOV :driver:

PROTON PERDANA 2.0 (A) V6 ENCHANCE VERSiON 07 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

but the link is not my car..

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Hello Again guys, busy shopping for my v6 cosmetics. hehehhe

Found this v6's floor mat ads in Mudah:
Carpet perdana v6 black - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

You guys got any place sell it at a cheaper price? try to find at brothers but no size suits Perdana..Brother's sell something like this cheaper by rm100 but for other car ..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
nice and clean looking car.
i'm sure the engine also running quiet and smooth.

as for the the absorbers and spring, if u can, u try different stock standard Perdana for comparison first..
or maybe look for signs of leak on the absorbers..
the spring i dont think there would be a problem for a 4 year old springs..

what happen to your floor mat?

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
my mech is Najib 0196351938.
location is at Blok B, Flat PJS3 near Dewan Masyarakat Seri Manja.
GPS: 3.0722,101.6413

he's a well known mechanic among Vsixers, he's driving a Perdana Evo3, his mech partner driving a Perdana TwinTurbo.
mostly his customer are Perdana owners including me.
but right now he's super busy coz preparing car for Vsixers trackday next month..
thanks for the info. will contact him soon.

need advice here as my rvr engine recently got semput2 problem as like of misfiring but only happen when the engine is hot. when engine is cold one crank only it can start, but when hot it takes sometime to start. while driving also the same, the car just feel sluggish. get down from car and strong smell of fuel from the rear. change spark plug but still the same. Ill try to change the plug cable after this. anyone can loan theirs to me? any advice?:confused:

ferinkx

Jan 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
nice and clean looking car.
i'm sure the engine also running quiet and smooth.

as for the the absorbers and spring, if u can, u try different stock standard Perdana for comparison first..
or maybe look for signs of leak on the absorbers..
the spring i dont think there would be a problem for a 4 year old springs..

what happen to your floor mat?
Ok thanks, my floor Mat original is grey colour and koyak a bit, I want to change all black and new.. the one at mudah looks nice but a bit pricey..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya

need advice here as my rvr engine recently got semput2 problem as like of misfiring but only happen when the engine is hot. when engine is cold one crank only it can start, but when hot it takes sometime to start. while driving also the same, the car just feel sluggish. get down from car and strong smell of fuel from the rear. change spark plug but still the same. Ill try to change the plug cable after this. anyone can loan theirs to me? any advice?:confused:
have u contacted najib?
how's ur car?

Ok thanks, my floor Mat original is grey colour and koyak a bit, I want to change all black and new.. the one at mudah looks nice but a bit pricey..
how's ur suspension?
dah check?

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih

Didn't see this post earlier. May be your air flow sensor problem. Detecting the wrong amount of air going into the engine (because more air goes in during cold day compared to hot day). Try to open it and clean it with electronics contact cleaner. The AF sensor is located right after your air intake filters. It's a box.

Forget the ignition system, as it shouldnt be affected by air temperature.

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
have u contacted najib?
how's ur car?
not yet bro, busy lately. problem still there. thanks for the no. will tell him got the no from you.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Didn't see this post earlier. May be your air flow sensor problem. Detecting the wrong amount of air going into the engine (because more air goes in during cold day compared to hot day). Try to open it and clean it with electronics contact cleaner. The AF sensor is located right after your air intake filters. It's a box.

Forget the ignition system, as it shouldnt be affected by air temperature.
my af sensor code is 609. is it correct for rvr auto? can i use wd40 to clean it? just spray at the honey comb mesh?

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
not yet bro, busy lately. problem still there. thanks for the no. will tell him got the no from you.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

my af sensor code is 609. is it correct for rvr auto? can i use wd40 to clean it? just spray at the honey comb mesh?
No, dont use WD40. It must be a clean solution like cleaning alcohol or contact cleaner. You need to remove the sensor to clean the sensing wire inside (I haven't opened the Perdana's one before so am not 100% sure how it looks like inside).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

when my car climb a hill,it very slow even i have use 2nd gear..can give your opinion what i need to do with my engine..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience