Perdana V6 Community Forum *

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
something weird happen while i was driving. lights so dim and everything seems to be dim. engine loss power aircond also no power. car feels sluggish. then everything went back to normal. i've check the battery and charging alternator but no problem. wiring problem?
i think that symptom is like the car is not getting fuel.
try check fuel pump see if its working nicely or going to die soon?

thx NeuroOne,

btw...my full fuel tank ~RM105 is getting me as far as KM450 only is it normal or something is wrong? meaning average 8.2KM/L my Celica turbo is getting the same with lots of boost :hmmmm:
my FC in putrajaya (town-ish area) is around 7.5-8.5km/L depending on how i drive (speed demon or drive like a grandpa)
my FC for hiway is around 10.5-11.6km/L also depending on the speed either follow the hiway speed limit or be limited by the speed cut. hehe..

Hi guys, i just bought my 2001 PV6 in a week! So far am happy with my car. I've already service the engine, change engine oil, oil filter and change the atf fluid. I'm yet to install ATF cooler for my gb. Any recommendation from you guys? JASMA,HAYDEN WORKS?
And maybe you guys could assist me on what to do next.

I heard it is standard for a V6 to have wind noise when speeding more than 100kmh. How to void the wind noise? need to replace the rubber trim or......? no idea how to solve.

Other than that, I love my new V6 even tho bought 2nd hehhehehe
ATF cooler get Hayden 677, or Works Engineering.
i will avoid Jasma cooler.

my car does not have any weird wind noise except for when the plastic on the chrome lining of the front windscreen terkoyak.
and now, i think the weather strip (rubber lining on the doors) are wearing out after 10 years..

Danz : Mech says better don't touch up to gasket, cause after changing engine might loose pressure/power. Says it will never be the same as ori... so i'm prety worried to do a top overhaul.

Still in dilemma ... Kasi angkat engine first lah then decide what to do.
not touch up gasket, u replace terus the gasket, put in new gasket and seal it nicely.

HI bro Danz, you have mentioned the windscreen's chrome strip. What to do about it if it creates wind noise?
there's actually a transparent plastic covering the chrome lining.
that's what usually cause the weird noise..
just potong the plastic..

ferinkx

Jan 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello there guys, just bought a 2007 Perdana V6, and i'm interested to get these sunshades for my perdana , you guys got any contact? I know one guy sell it for other local models like myvi and alza..vios and honda city as well refer https://www.facebook.com/circusbox.my
Look good on a Perdana. Peace of mind rather than use heavy tinting.

29aac4a8.jpg

46a8d397.jpg

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Hello there guys, just bought a 2007 Perdana V6, and i'm interested to get these sunshades for my perdana , you guys got any contact? I know one guy sell it for other local models like myvi and alza..vios and honda city as well refer https://www.facebook.com/circusbox.my

View attachment 472677

View attachment 472678
i've just contacted them and they dont have ready stock for Perdana.
if we can collect/get 30 orders, then maybe they can custom-made it for us..
they'll give us 20% discount on the first 30 sets.
stock price will be RM290, after 20% discount will be RM232..

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Danz : Mech says better don't touch up to gasket, cause after changing engine might loose pressure/power. Says it will never be the same as ori... so i'm prety worried to do a top overhaul.

Still in dilemma ... Kasi angkat engine first lah then decide what to do.
actually its true, not sure bout the power lost, but even if u change the top gasket, it will leak again.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

View attachment 472677

View attachment 472678
aiya just go buy at giant or tesco rm3-5 for 2 pcs only haha...:rofl:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
something weird happen while i was driving. lights so dim and everything seems to be dim. engine loss power aircond also no power. car feels sluggish. then everything went back to normal. i've check the battery and charging alternator but no problem. wiring problem?
You sure your alternator system is all ok? No loose connections? Seems like something is loose because you said things can go back to normal. Get your grounding checked properly.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hi guys,

newbie here:wavey:. currently using rvr auto on my perdana.replacing my engine mounting soon. juz need some opinion from all. can this mounting fit to my engine? is it direct fit/plug & play? how many pcs do i need?
Racing engine mounting evo 123 wira mivec 4g91Waja - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my
Evo wira full rubber mounting - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

looking forward a reply from all :adore:otai2 here. thanks all.
hei. ade geng jugak rvr auto..
yes can fit, just ask them for rubber mounting for perdana.
i'm using similar mounting for my car..
use 2 pcs. one for front, one for rear.
the side mountings use the original back.
if u use all 4 full rubber mounting, afraid the car will bergegar more (less play/absorption from the full rubber mounting).

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

aiya just go buy at giant or tesco rm3-5 for 2 pcs only haha...:rofl:
that kind of shade very flimsy and senang koyak.
this one looks VIP like Beemer or Merc. hehe

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
hei. ade geng jugak rvr auto..
yes can fit, just ask them for rubber mounting for perdana.
i'm using similar mounting for my car..
use 2 pcs. one for front, one for rear.
the side mountings use the original back.
if u use all 4 full rubber mounting, afraid the car will bergegar more (less play/absorption from the full rubber mounting).

hehe.... yup. kaki dah tak larat nak pijak clutch. getting old already but still young at heart. is it same size between wira evo & perdana evo?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hehe.... yup. kaki dah tak larat nak pijak clutch. getting old already but still young at heart. is it same size between wira evo & perdana evo?
haha. same la kita..

anyway, size wira i dono if can fit or not.
ask them for perdana size la..

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Doesn't look like sports mounting pun. Same like normal full rubber mounts only. So can't be sports use since they flex too much and are made for comfort.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Doesn't look like sports mounting pun. Same like normal full rubber mounts only. So can't be sports use since they flex too much and are made for comfort.
yep. its just full rubber mounting.
thats why murah je..
nak sport, use teflon la, then car vibrate like hell.. hahaha..

deevan twin turbo

Known Member
Mar 4, 2009
Hi Guys need some help on my perdana v6. It's a five years old car and i've been sending to proton for general service. Ever since i've bought this car new the GB is always a problem. Proton SC has already change 5 GB for the past 5 years. Till now problem is not solved. Btw, warranty is over. Mileage is about 150k kms

Here are the problems:-
- GB atf cooler is always hot. I've change the ATF oils to synthetic. Need to pour some water to at atf cooler to cool it down.
- Jerks a lot when down shift and up shift.
- I thought of changing the GB to a better GB from mit. Any recommendation?
- Engine jerks.
- when i drive at night, lights seems to be very dim and dash lights as well. after driving hard for awhile everything seems to be ok or back to normal. I've checked the charging alternator and its good. Same goes to the battery. Can anyone tell me whats the std battery size for perdana v6.
- Sometimes can't start. No crank. Need to turn the keys at least twice before starting up.

Can anyone please help me please. Thank You.
Bro chriiz18,

I have faced similliar problem after my car involved in accident, (send under insurance claim, damages including the wiring at battery side, and the workshop not rewire the grounding properly after the body works done)
yes it may because of your grounding not proper as Bro Sarled mention in previous thread.
The same problem occur as yours, always loss power and lights will become weak (including dashboard and digital aircond display).....and it also cause my starter getting weak after few months (Sometimes can't start. No crank. Need to turn the keys at least twice before starting up.)

My suggestion is...check for the grounding and do proper grounding (if not it may kill your car battery also) .
After grounding work done, do install relay to your starter (because your starter already shows symptom of getting weak), but if you feel your starter are performing better after the grounding work done, then you can use it (it may last for few months).....If not, another choice are changing the carbon brush as suggested by Bro Danz....

This is are based on my experience but it may solve yours or may not.....:adore:

Last edited:

MAAN PV6

Nov 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wuaaaaaa......... I baught it at last, V6 year 2008 last batch, SO far so gooooddddddd..... any 1 can suggest me best workshop around klang valley 2 service my car. wanna check my timing belt n oso the GB condition.... TQ.

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Timing belt. If reached 100k KM then change lo. Nothing to check. Unless you want to see if it has been changed before, just open the timing belt cover and see if the belt looks new (labels, numbers and words on belt still looks clear and sharp, if newish).
GB also. Unless you are feeling some rough shifting or hearing noise then there isn't anything to check either. Just change ATF (SPIII only)and filter. If you haven't reached 100k KM then you may also want to do a thorough GB oil flush; change out all the ATF, about 6-7 litres.

No need to bring to a mechanic or he will 'find' some problems for you.

ferinkx

Jan 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys, Just want to ask for opinion, i'm thinking to add Proton Emblem at back of my Perdana boot. asking for cosmetic opinion is it a bit "over" or just perfect since the rear is a bit empty. like this one:

Proton Eblem.jpg

It's a dumb question i know.
But have you guys seen people doing it? will it looks odd?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I decided to park my car on roadside at pj housing area main road, jln ss3/14, due to clutch pump leaked, only frm 7.15pm to 9pm, just now. I intended to force drive it on 2nd gear when traffic is clear at 9pm but when I arrived, found that driver's side door was unlocked, I was shocked that steering wasn't there, boot also left opened, my 2 spare tyre on rear seat also not in the same position as before, some wiring cut, i believe someone tried to start the engine but failed. It's just a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience