Perdana Lower Arm Bush

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi bros, where can i find those lasting PU bushes for our beloved ride's lower arm? Mine keep on cracking.. i've changed to nylon type, but it doesn't seems good either as it giving me alignment issues.. because material too hard, in long run the center hole will become bigger and bigger. I need something with harder "shore" level.. but still have some elasticity.. i saw in mudah.com there are also aluminium lower arm, can they be trusted? I worry they will break.. I'm running currently 20" lowered with RVR engine.. (erm pls don't ask me to change rim :biggrin:) :adore:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Hi bro, thanks for recommending.. i saw that already but have anyone here used that before on your perdana? Please feedback..
i also notice that advertisement. but i also want to change the bushes together with the ball joint. can it be done.? to change the ball joint..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro..you're running on 20" rims...so that is bound to happen.....unless u modify your lower arms to ball bearing ones.....
where to find? try asking members from perdana-tt-evo club.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
bro..you're running on 20" rims...so that is bound to happen.....unless u modify your lower arms to ball bearing ones.....
where to find? try asking members from perdana-tt-evo club.
Those PU bushes can't use? bro ball bearing ones i don't think it'll last too.. it's dead mount.. because when you turn your steering, actually the bush will tends to flex a bit.. my fren on 17" also often spoil lower arm bush.. i know it's because another reason of extreme lowering..:biggrin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
how bout those alluminum ones from D&D? any difference?
Never tried bro, but i do experience after changing to nylon bush, the turning left and right become stiffer.. and normally after turning to left the car will slowly slant towards the left while on straight road.. then after turn to right the car will slant to the right.. before this i never encounter this problem.. i've been on 20" for more than 3yrs already.. any other bros encounter this?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Well in the end i revert all back to stock bushings, changed all bushings.. see how long it can last...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
l2s_turbo, I think this describes your problem with nylon bushes.

Why not Nylon bushes?
Nylon is probably the worst of all worlds. When a suspension arm moves up and down it does not move only up and down but describes an arc. This means that, for example an inner track control arm bush will be required to flex in two dimensions at the same time. In this example a metal bush will allow this movement as will a rubber or POWERFLEX bush. However a nylon bush will allow up and down movement but 100% of the arc loadings will be transferred into the arm and the chassis. This causes arm flexing and can easily cause premature arm failure! Of course nylon has no vibration absorbing characteristics at all, so all vibration is transferred up the already highly stressed arm.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
l2s_turbo, I think this describes your problem with nylon bushes.

Why not Nylon bushes?
Nylon is probably the worst of all worlds. When a suspension arm moves up and down it does not move only up and down but describes an arc. This means that, for example an inner track control arm bush will be required to flex in two dimensions at the same time. In this example a metal bush will allow this movement as will a rubber or POWERFLEX bush. However a nylon bush will allow up and down movement but 100% of the arc loadings will be transferred into the arm and the chassis. This causes arm flexing and can easily cause premature arm failure! Of course nylon has no vibration absorbing characteristics at all, so all vibration is transferred up the already highly stressed arm.
Yup that's why i've reverted back to stock bushing since i've change my rims to 18" too...