Perdana evo Vs Perdana eterna Twin Turbo

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi Lan...

Yeah man, sold it late last year to another forumer here...

Danz...

Ohh nolar, it was my everyday car, hence reliability is good.....till i was given a company car, it became a weekend car, even got broken into when left at home....so after replenishing some goodies, i tot its better to sell it.....let other lucky owner enjoy it....

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Bro tuned, something wanna ask you.

What about the reliability of both engines, which one better for daily use?
Let say both on stock.

And, between 4G63 (EvoIII) and V6tt, which one is newer engine...

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
well....the 4G63 for the evo III ended in late 95/early 96 i think...while the 6A12TT ended around 96 also...

hence, both is about the same age...comparing the latest batches...

reliability wise, well both are ok for daily use ....provided its maintain and service in a routine manner... and not extensively modded....

however to note, the later batches of the 6A12 seem to have better reliability than the earlier ones.....though...

my ex-6A12TT was from a 94 VR4, and it works great as a daily ride....was running only 1.1 bar though...

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
When? Tonite arr? Dont know yet la, came to work with fren.
I'll confirm back later.

Bro Tuned,
Thanks. Actually i have a think to get perdana since JPJ no longer approve endorsement for any proton car, except perdana. And i dont think i'm goin to waste more money to jolok JPJ or Puspakom that will end to negative result. And the choices that i have is 1.8 turbo such as GSR or Mivec Turbo or Bolt on Turbo (I'm talking about my current ride, putra). But, still it is pricey compare to the power it produce (stock, not talking about the potential). :D

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
hai ..
what is important thing we should notice for maintainence for evo III engine...and for evo III engine owner out there ...how much its cost for maintainance evo III engine...umm..evo III cant use auto gb kan..?? how much aaa cost for evo III engine + manual gb=RM... happy to read all the sifu statement in this forum....keep talking guys..:biggrin:

zariel_faiz

Jun 11, 2007
hai..
how much its cost for maintainence evo III engine...once. and how to taje care the engine which part we should give extra look in evo III engine...i'm happy to read all the sifu's diagnose about the topic....about the gb..evo III engine cant use auto gb rite....what gb suitable for the evo engine??

tuned

Noob
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
nothing major....mine was just a normal upboost only, stock block, stock turbines....however did some essential mods/upgrades for fueling, electronics,exhaust and etc to keep things in check....

stock 6A12, has an ECU cut at 1 bar....hence, if u try overboosting u'll suffer a fuel cut when ur boost touches 1 bar....hence the fcd plays an important role to solve that...however, the stock turbines can only take up to 1.1 bar or so...any higher is possible but u'll risk killing them...

hehe well coolant, i was running on the usual 1 bottle + remaining filled with water.....however, it best to flush it on a routine basis....

Karl, well putra's a nice ride...a fren of mine's running a putra GSR.....stock though.....its powerful yet, practical...all u need is to look for a good halfcut and a get mech to do the conversion...no regrets...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

But now.. I think they are nice..especially in terms of reliability, comfort, and looks!

When I was younger, BMW oozed sex appeal with its M Sport cars, or even the plain jane with some M inspired bodywork, and Mercedes like the big-small eye E class, or the wide eye C class just looked.. UNCLE...

Now..

And speaking with owners of BMW, Audi, and Mercedes in Malaysia seems that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience