Parts/ Price/ Contact

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Thx BS.
But there is no contact in the mssg thread.
I want to buy myself not bulk-purchase.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
darren,i dun have his contact as well, try PM davidv00, he is still active here.
his last logon time is 4th Nov, 06.

He is ok with single individual purchase.
if he need bulk, page me, it is time for me to change as well. hahaha

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
These are the prices I paid for changing the timing belt and the power steering hose.

My car has clocked 59,000 km and the power steering hose sprung a leak so I thought might as well change the timing belt before the money vaporises. Garage at Taman Mayang. A very meticulous mechanic who takes pride in his work and guide you to what he is doing. He also prepares Putra and Satria for racing.

All components are Hyundai original from Hyundai Sime Darby Warehouse Glenmarie

Timing set RM435
Water Pump RM215
Power Steering Hose RM480
Caltex Long life water coolant RM18
Power Steering fluid plus flushing RM20
3 pieces belt for alternator, air-cond RM88
Labour RM200

Time: 5 hours

Now pokai and cannot buy my GPS

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
ektony,

long time never see u in zth. you should hv checked our parts message thread. Get from Mr Lee. I think your prices are rather steep.

I bought timing belt set + top engine rocker cover gasket for RM340 only. Labor was RM70 for timing belt belt. Done at third party mechanic.

I changed my high power steering hose for around RM430 incl labor @ Glenmarie.

Water pump depends...First time I checked @ Jalan 222 Atoz Service Center, they said changed the water pump for RM380 but when I checked @ Glenmarie, only changed for washer pump for less than RM130. Later, the pump was stucked and I had to send there to clean it up for FREE of course. So I have doubts about the mechanics credibility.

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
dartango, you are right your prices are much cheaper. How come the high pressure power steering hose is so prone to failure. I seldom see this happening for other cars. Must be the weight of the car or the tyres are so grippy that the power steering works harder to turn them.

After examing the old timing belt components set (including the water pump) - I am confident that they will last for 100,000 km {5 years ) easily. Ok, the next change will be 100,000km from now. ( the handbook recommends a change at 60,000km - I think the manufacturer is playing safe and so that they can generate more revenue through sale of spare parts ? Have you come across timing belt snapping for any car ( except the high revving make like Italian cars) below 100,000km ?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
guys, just curious, how do you find out the high pressure power steering hose is broke? heavy steering turn like no power steering assistant at all?

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Correction:

Timing Belt+Seal+Bearings = RM310 from Mr Lee
Labor Charges = RM70 from Third party mechanic

Change of High Pressure Hose + Oil = RM354 incl Labor Charges (Done @ Glenmarie)

Change of Windscreen Motor & Pump Assembly + Windshield Washer = RM84 incl Labor Charges (Done @ Glenmarie)

Hope this gives a good guideline to the rest.

ektony,
The manual has both 60,000km & 90,000km intervals to change the timing belt. To me it is not worth taking the risk to save the $$$. Remember, it is not just the belt snapping. I was told that some shrapnel (metal wires) sticking out the belt could affect the entire timing and it will also change the entire timing settings.

If you drive at consistent speed all the time then is ok to change late but in town driving with many start stops and plus sometimes high revving, it is better to change @ 60,000km. My 2 cents worth of comment.

BS..there is no mechanic indication of faulty High Pressure Power Steering Hose. Luckily, I noticed fluid leaking from the bottom of my car when I noticed the floor was covered with fluid. At first I thought it was Brake Oil but later only found out it was the power steering fluid. This is not the normal rubber hose. Quite difficult to remove the whole hose.

No fluid, means you can't turn your steering.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As ori Japan timing belt can last for 100K km on label, but no 1 do that, ppl do change about 60k to 70k, some even 80k, but don go for 100k pls. this can save ur $$$. Just think about it, if the timing belt can't last u 100k, than who going to pay for repair? haha, u are the 1, if u are luckly, u get 1 timing belt replace, but u still have to pay for the damage in engine & work man too, now u still want to go for 100k?:emoticon_U:

ektony

Known Member
Apr 23, 2006
blacksamurai, dartango has explained how to detect a high pressure power steering hose failure - leakage. At first, I thought it was engine oil too. Took many pictures with handphone camera , sliding the handphone beneath the car and just simply snapping away . The hose is part rubber and part metal - how to repair ?

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
Hi guys,i have been "Sleeping" for quite some times alr. long time din update myself with all the news in HCC.

I just bought BP Visco 3000 Synthetic Based (15w-50) from tesco for RM59.XX
i am not sure about the performance but I think it is quite cheap for a semi-synthetic oil. Anyone used BP lubricant before??
I thihk they are selling it cheaper as they wanna finnish the stock.....now is no more BP...is BHP....

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yeah, I saw the same BP Visco 3000 selling for the same price range at Carrefour too.
It's very cheap for a semi-syntetic oil.
I didn't get it because I just bought a bottle of Castrol Magnatec.
Have you change the oil yet?
How's the performance of the BP Visco 3000?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience