1. Hello! We've made major changes to both the Forums and Marketplace section recently. Please join the discussion and tell us your feedback! Read Here for urgent matters, send an email to forums@zerotohundred.com | Update: User Like count is back | Current Progress: Adding improvments to The Marketplace
    Dismiss Notice

Paramagnetic Paint by Nissan - a Hoax?

Discussion in 'News and Features' started by imoloq, Nov 19, 2007.

1. imoloq

imoloq Senior Member

[​IMG]

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story

2. rideon

rideon Senior Member

hmm.... it sounded too briliant to be true...but imagine if it is...i would be stunned and will turn my car paint into one .. dont care the cost...hmmmmm

3. skazareth

skazareth Senior Member

i watched Futurecar in Ch.551 yesterday. This is possible to make as they said all colors are made by polymer then we can change color using programmed chemical reaction bla bla bla..but the title itself is "Futurecar" not "Presentcar".
    I think, it would be in d market -in d future-, but if it is already available now, it would be very expensive, rare and prototype-level.

4. vinci68

vinci68 15 Year | Platinum

Cost A$7000 here to get a car painted in three tone of colour.

5. minivan

minivan Senior Member

So, does this mean that paramagnetic paint does exist and the only misinformation is its not developed by nissan?