Paint job

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Dunno if this is the right section to ask this. Here goes anyway.

I've got this old kancil that I drive around. Just to work, actually. It's in a pretty bad state of neglect, thanks to me of course. So now it has got a lot of dents and scratches and the paintjob is basically ruined, with cracks and peels and what not.

So I'm thinking of fixing it. Re-spray the car and fix the dents etc. It's got metallic paint and I've asked around. Getting quote of about 1300 - 1500 from one dude. Says it's more expensive because they need to remove the existing layer of paint because of all the peeling and cracking.

What I'd like to know is, how much should I be expecting to pay for this kind of work? And have you got any suggestions?

Appreciate all your help.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
in abouts. but that how much one wanna value.

there are painters who can charge lower; they say how much a owner is "willing" is how much "effort" he will put in.

if it isnt too bad of fixing; a non metalic 4 kancil whole car +- RM800-1100.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Thx, mate.

Mine's metallic though. And if I change the colour I would have to respray the innards of the car as well which will actually be more expensive to do.

Guess, I'll send me car to that bloke then.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
there goes his valentine money (supposedly red-violet-black flowers 4 hannah) hehhehe

but we know si|verfish true lov....

btw, i sure you have competitive pricing or recommented painters right?
I dont have recommends but make sure the shop treats her as well too.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Its not exactly recommended but the guy does my other car and he apparently has another place that does bodywork and paint jobs. Wanted to know if the price is allright. I'll probably ask another place before making a final decision.

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
wah.. that s really expensive le.. my fren used to send his car for a complete exterior paint job and it cost him RM950 for a white honda metallic 2K paint.. really white and it still last until today..

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
i suggest if u really wanna re-spray ur car, better stick to the original colour.. if u wanna switch to a new colour.. basically u have to go to JPJ to lodge for a colour change form.. otherwise, touch wood, when things happen (e.g. accident), if u ever wanna claim insurance.. then susah loh..

davidchen27

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
if u wan, i can give u the contacts.. but if im not mistaken, the workshop is located in puchong industrial park.. somewhere near the kinrara golf club..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hey, thanks for the info.

RM950 huh...that's cheap. What do you think it'll cost me for the type of work I've listed up top? Don't really want to run all the way to Puchong though. Still, could you give me the contacts, just in case. Thanks.

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
hey i think just ask around a few other shops also..just to get an idea of the market..

ShadowN

Known Member
Dec 16, 2005
si|verfish said:
Thx, mate.

Mine's metallic though. And if I change the colour I would have to respray the innards of the car as well which will actually be more expensive to do.

Guess, I'll send me car to that bloke then.
If u really need to change the color, just spray the exterior no need to spray the interior my friend.
As my car i also spray the exterior of it (save money mah). haha:_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
ehaab said:
hey i think just ask around a few other shops also..just to get an idea of the market..
Yeah, that's what I was planning to do.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
ShadowN said:
If u really need to change the color, just spray the exterior no need to spray the interior my friend.
As my car i also spray the exterior of it (save money mah). haha:_:
Yeah, its cheaper but it'll be really weird and it'll seemed like a job half done. And I can't stand that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Need for help to suggest, if i planning to buy a latest model Mit Lancer (1.6A) for future conver to Evo7, can it be done on the full body parts conver?
Because i had found out from Taiwan, they already been success to conver Lancer 1.6(A) to Evo7, for engine base, i believe there will be no problem at all, but for the Body parts, i still had a very big question, how do they make it....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience