Owning an evo x sst

ioki

500 RPM
Jul 4, 2005
Puchong
Hi to all sifus

It might have been talked all over for few time. But i would be happy to get firm answers from the evo x sst itself rather than searching all over the globe with differ answers.

Fluids = how many rm's and liters required ? Lsd,sst gear,axles and engine oil and etc fluid. Will it cost a bomb ?

Brakes = rm's

Pros and cons

And yes...the biggest arguement ..... Can it be detuned to use ron95....i know its a layman term...but need to consider.

Overall maintenance for each intervals ( considering i would be an intermediate drIver )

Plan to own one evo x sst by this year. :rofl: Any comments before i do any decision.

Thankx zth evo owners

Last edited:

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bought evoX and did full service recently. Cost me closed to 3k with high end oil. Mostly motul. Change all brake pad (high end Endless) cost me 1250. Happy day :biggrin: .

Changed 4 tyres to toyo proxes t1r with balancing n alignment cost me 3k.

Nice.

Last edited:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Engine Oil.. Depends on which you like.. RM 300 - 550

For the SST
SST Oil - RM800 per Can of 4L, you need 6.5L so 2 cans (RM 1600)
SST Oil Filter.. RM 500 (Change it every 40k KM)

For the LSD and AYC ... These below, just RM 100+
1)Transfer case
MITSUBISHI Genuine "Dia-Queen" LSD gear oil .8 Litres
2) Rear Axle Differential
MITSUBISHI Genuine "Dia-Queen" LSD gear oil .55 litres
3)AYC (Active YAW Control)
MITSUBISHI Genuine ATF-SPIII .6 litres

--------
Happiest to answer :
Yes... It can detune to Ron95 SAFELY.... I have personally tested multiple maps that I fine tuned on daily drive and different petrol brands... (Logged over thousands of KM) and.. ron92 if needed...
However, expect power loss and slower boost (Although, can also be tuned to perform almost the same, but not advisable)

--------
I maintain all my cars very tightly... My schedules for EvoX is :
- 5,000km for Enging oil change (Full synt) / 7,000km for (Race grade)
- 30,000km for full SST and Axle oil change.

hope these helps.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wah didnt know oils for evo x is so expensive....
Is an eye opener to me too...:stoned:
Guess we dont need to talk about how rich are those Ferrari, Lambo and etcs owners. EVO x or scooby will already cost a fortune to own 1. :top:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Yeah.. however... Light at the end of the tunnel :D

Mitsubishi just certified a third party SST oil.. and it's coming to our shores soon, next month... Price will be shaved more than half

ioki

500 RPM
Jul 4, 2005
Puchong
Engine Oil.. Depends on which you like.. RM 300 - 550

For the SST
SST Oil - RM800 per Can of 4L, you need 6.5L so 2 cans (RM 1600)
SST Oil Filter.. RM 500 (Change it every 40k KM)

For the LSD and AYC ... These below, just RM 100+
1)Transfer case
MITSUBISHI Genuine "Dia-Queen" LSD gear oil .8 Litres
2) Rear Axle Differential
MITSUBISHI Genuine "Dia-Queen" LSD gear oil .55 litres
3)AYC (Active YAW Control)
MITSUBISHI Genuine ATF-SPIII .6 litres

--------
Happiest to answer :
Yes... It can detune to Ron95 SAFELY.... I have personally tested multiple maps that I fine tuned on daily drive and different petrol brands... (Logged over thousands of KM) and.. ron92 if needed...
However, expect power loss and slower boost (Although, can also be tuned to perform almost the same, but not advisable)

--------
I maintain all my cars very tightly... My schedules for EvoX is :
- 5,000km for Enging oil change (Full synt) / 7,000km for (Race grade)
- 30,000km for full SST and Axle oil change.

hope these helps.
bro johnsonlam......luckily you were not around me , or else im gonna give you a big hug and kiss....nah...just joking

Thanx bro...basically youve cleared the picture and questions which hanging in my head for the pasr 4 month.thankiew very very much...brilliant info from a brilliant enthusiast. Thumbs up to u bro !!!!

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro johnsonlam......luckily you were not around me , or else im gonna give you a big hug and kiss....nah...just joking

Thanx bro...basically youve cleared the picture and questions which hanging in my head for the pasr 4 month.thankiew very very much...brilliant info from a brilliant enthusiast. Thumbs up to u bro !!!!
if u are the person in your avatar, i dont think JL will mind u kissing & hugging him haha...

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Yeah.. however... Light at the end of the tunnel :D

Mitsubishi just certified a third party SST oil.. and it's coming to our shores soon, next month... Price will be shaved more than half
pls let me know bro..this will save a lot and those savings can go to other parts!!

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
New info... dropped by McKee the other day.
HKS SST Oil is selling 'slightly' cheaper than Original Mitsubishi Diaqueen SSTF (Performance should be better kua.. )
Selling by litre.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
i just serviced SST few days ago using original Mitsu SST oil.

Any news on the half-price approved SST oil?

HKS oil sounds good..maybe next time.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
if not mistaken sst oil diaqueen is same formulation as ford focus wet dual clutch fluid.. and i remember seeing AMSOIL having it also.
need to dig back up haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna ask a casual question. issit possible for any car especially proton's manual gearbox to modified to sequential gearbox (upshift & downshft), something similar to Savvy AMT.

But as to the Savvy AMT, they totally got it wrong. upshift supposed to be pull down and downshift push forward.

Issit possible for other cars?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience