ORI FOCAL vs FAKE FOCAL(CHINA)

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
Just to share out my experience i have gone through when i plan to

purchase a FOCAL component speake

So I went to scout for this speaker at all the ICE shop who is selling this brand. Eventually I managed to find a shop (xxx) who selling this model and test the sound quality 2 compared others such as Morel, JL Audio, Dimension, DSL, PHD and Eton. After comparing, FOCAL 165KP n 165K2P are still the best to my hearing. The thing is, the seller is promoting this model and asking me to install fast as he may no have stock. But I hold back my urged and went to the FOCAL authorized dealer to check it out.

Guess what, the authorized dealer shows me 2 sets of FOCAL 165KP model component speaker and ask me to differentiate it. But I could not differentiate it as both are 99% the same. The dealer told me, one of the speaker I’m holding is a FAKE set or Imitated set from CHINA ! . I was totally surprise with what the dealer show to me and explained to me.

The differences are, CHINA FOCAL do not have identity card, no warranty, epoxy glue can be detected below the cone edge, the KELVAR material is more rough compared the ORI FOCAL. The most important thing that we may detect is the serial number at the magnet area. ALL CHINA FOCAL serial number will end with xxxx2196 and the engraving is poor compare the ORI FOCAL. Where the ORI FOCAL will have the serial number engrave nicely and the serial number is match to the identity card given.

So, be careful when purchasing this high end speaker. Check the ICE shop whether is the authorized dealer for the high end product.

Beware guys !

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Yes, beware ... copy cat everywhere.
I guess if u wish to invest in high end speaker, try to look around for those reputable ICE shop.
Those who were famous and well known and has their customer car installed with focal for any competition.
Lastly, do check with focal and see which of those shops are certified reseller.

Good luck!

greenjacket

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
dude, mind to post the focal authorised dealer's address or contact number??

coz i might be getting a set of focal polyglass, pretty worry also after read yor statement above.

might need to check with the dealer 1st b4 i purchase anything

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
i've heard of K2P imitation with the serial number. But Polyglass... now I have not heard that yet.

Also, DLS are also cloned that is why when people in ZTH selling for blardeeee cheap price I was in real doubt :wink:

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
Imitation !

greenjacket said:
dude, mind to post the focal authorised dealer's address or contact number??

coz i might be getting a set of focal polyglass, pretty worry also after read yor statement above.

might need to check with the dealer 1st b4 i purchase anything
\

yeah very dangerous when purchse this thing.
Imitation a lot nowadayx.

Well i'm in Penang base. If you're to purchase any componenet...better give a mail or call to
autocraft. Check whether the ICE shop is the authorized dealer for the focal else u better becareful.

GoodLuck dude !

netken

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
HamuHamuChan
www.2advanced.com
DJThoRmented said:
i've heard of K2P imitation with the serial number. But Polyglass... now I have not heard that yet.

Also, DLS are also cloned that is why when people in ZTH selling for blardeeee cheap price I was in real doubt :wink:
same here' heard of K2P before but not others yet...

Its through about the serial and a small identity card size with the same serial number and also those ending with xxxx2196

energie

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
I've audited cars which had fake Focal, RF & Morel before. You simply can't tell the difference just by looking at it, not till you've audited 'em at least.They sound much worst than cheapo Brother's stuff .. hehe.
Think this counterfeiting of top products is going to kill the ICE industry once they got out of hand :( There's too many unsuspecting customers out there :(

britishpetro2

Known Member
Mar 6, 2009
hi bro,

is there any fake focal utopia be in the market? im going to get a second hand mid and just wanted to check if there is any fake ones hehe. thanks

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
im getting it from a forumer. he got it in singapore it seem not sure. but is there fake focal utopia be?
u can pm me his/her nick... if it is from local ice forum i will know since i deal with quite abit of jb fellas.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus!! Wondering if anyone here can advise on how to custom fibre tweeter panels for my wira. What materials do i need? Where can i buy the materials? Finally, how do i do it ? Thanks in advance !!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience