Opinions on car wax brands Meguiares, Turtle wax, etc..

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
When it comes to waxes you have to decide what you want. Protection, Beading, Longevity, Looks etc.

Personally, for normal every users, Optimum Car Wax is more than adequate.

If you want great looks and short lived protection Meguairs (You're looking to apply it weekly.)

But if you want it to last, Collinite is not bad at all.

But if you're looking for something more, its going to have to be the Boutique Waxes. Dodo Juice is now available in Malaysia along with the usual Swissvax and Zymol (In Singapore). They look great, but as I've only tested Swixxvax Mirage and Onyx, I can't speak of the others but I do love the Swissvax range.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Nothing is faster, more convenient than Optimum Car Wax. Doesn't stain rubber, plastic trim and is so easy to apply.

pitpotpet

Jan 10, 2010
Alor Setar
When it comes to waxes you have to decide what you want. Protection, Beading, Longevity, Looks etc.

Personally, for normal every users, Optimum Car Wax is more than adequate.

If you want great looks and short lived protection Meguairs (You're looking to apply it weekly.)

But if you want it to last, Collinite is not bad at all.

But if you're looking for something more, its going to have to be the Boutique Waxes. Dodo Juice is now available in Malaysia along with the usual Swissvax and Zymol (In Singapore). They look great, but as I've only tested Swixxvax Mirage and Onyx, I can't speak of the others but I do love the Swissvax range.
I may concur with you Seech on the 2nd to 4th paragraph but on the last paragraph I havent try any of it due to the fact I havent finished yet with the first 3 product mentioned.....:rolleyes:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hrrmm....I think the question is too general to give an answer to. The best can come in many forms, such as durability, ease of use, beading, looks, protection, etc. By the word 'best', which one are you looking for?

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
hrrmm....I think the question is too general to give an answer to. The best can come in many forms, such as durability, ease of use, beading, looks, protection, etc. By the word 'best', which one are you looking for?
Durability , look and protection . :driver:

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
No matter what brand you are going to use, please read the instruction 1st.

Cheers

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Durability , look and protection . :driver:
For that you'd need to look into some sort of synthetic sealants. If you don't mind the 'traditional' application method, try Duragloss - DG105, or 3M Perfect It Liquid Wax. If you can compromise a little on the look aspect but want to go for the easy-on-easy-off, wipe-on-walk-away products, you can try to look for EnviroShield or Optimum Opti Seal. I do have a few more suggestions that I can put down, those waxes and sealants that I've tried before, but I don't want to confuse you even more.

Last edited:

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
I've just arrived in Penang and seen the car that I protected 6 months ago. Beading is still excellent and there is still sheating.

But it wasn't just one wax. It was 2x coats of Opti-Seal + 2x Coats of Opti Car Wax.

Sure the price isn't as affordable as Turtlewax, but to have amazing beading and sheeting after 6 WHOLE MONTHS in salty Penang Rain, I don't think there is anything else that can compare to that price point.

I'll up a photo of the car when it gets back :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wonder where to get opti range of products?
Call kc2 :wink:

I recently tried KIT Car Wash shampoo, reasonable price and I find it not bad, my car is real
clean after a 30min car wash. Not too much foam but good enough. roughly 1 1/2 cap in
1 1/2 pail, can wash 2 cars :biggrin:

Shampoo can't remember, around RM20+ also I think
Have yet to try the KIT Car Wax yet. RM29.90.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Call kc2 :wink:

I recently tried KIT Car Wash shampoo, reasonable price and I find it not bad, my car is real
clean after a 30min car wash. Not too much foam but good enough. roughly 1 1/2 cap in
1 1/2 pail, can wash 2 cars :biggrin:

Shampoo can't remember, around RM20+ also I think
Have yet to try the KIT Car Wax yet. RM29.90.
I'm currently using Polyglaze wash n wax. RM29 for 2 litres. Satisfied also hehe

and Im using Kit Car Wax Paste form...not bad. It has been more than 3 months and the wax is still there. When i spray water to my car body, it becomes round water crystals ^^

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yeah what are you trying to achieve first? Fastest and easiest with reasonably good durability would be optimum. I got a few boutique waxes at hand this month but still waiting for time to test all of them out. Those will be more on marginal gains on looks rather than maintenance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, does anyone have information about changing geran?
Yesterday I went to post office to renew my roadtax, but because of the roadtax renewal space was full (at the back of the geran letter) so the post office guy said I cant renew it in post office, I have to go to jpj to change to new geran letter, my question is what is the process of changing the geran? What should I prepare and how much it will cost me? Does anyone experienced this before?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience