Open Talk: Nengun Performance in Malaysia

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Like mentioned before everything has it's pros and cons.
GST replaces Sales Tax, is 6% vs 10% and it looks good on paper, means reduce 4%, but you must understand that 10% sales tax is on import price which is at it's lowest.
GST is taxed at it's selling price, means last stop, consumer purchase price. If the goods is low margin from import to selling price then tax is lower, but if the products is high margin product, then tax will be higher.
For own import, tax should be lower as no middle man....:biggrin:
this i like to hear. hahahahahahhahah

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From what i see is that they are tryin to protect puloton.
You're thinking that soon the online biz would collapse? I am not so sure about that one, because from what i see, these online seller does not pay shop rent, or advertising payment or staff salary because usually they are a one or two man show, selling from their house, made to order, some pre stock, and they don't have too many overhead cost.
Which allows them to sustain better and giving a lower price compare to the traditional shop which have to pay this and that.
This was the thing that i account for them to last longer than the normal ones.. i may be wrong though..maybe just like you said, it wouldn't go anywhere.. especially with conning cases.:banghead:
There is no definite way to see it online biz will work or not. Time will tell. I support online all the way if the goods are sold at lower prices. Good for consumers.

My concern (and others too) is whether ppl are trusting parting their (lots of hard earn) money buying stuff that they only see. or claimed based on the computer screen (the power of advert or rather the deceiving art of advert?)rather than testing it 1st hand.
Would someone buy online ICE product based on online feedbacks?

Take auto accesories for example: In-car camera. Many sellers claimed their product do such and such, at such competitive prices.....But when the items reach the buyers, the buyers found that the items were not as what as claimed earlier. Some rosak, some say warantee over, some claimed or suspected of missuse so no refund, etc Dispute, dispute, etc.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why many still prefer to go shopping ay complexes, see and touch the sets, etc...
Even for chop shop, half cuts, some still go there and see before purchase.... :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
can go to the shops to see the real barang......and maybe can kacau the salesgirls. hhahahahah!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can go to the shops to see the real barang......and maybe can kacau the salesgirls. hhahahahah!
Online purchase you know what you are getting is okay. Like Audio or TV, best to check out the sound and resolution first.....hahhahha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
even if the barang looks good, better check and compare the prices of the barang at other places. Be smart consumers.

Dont simply make impulse buying.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
When people buy,its either because they can afford it or desperately want it.when they can afford it they dont mind paying a hefty sum and might not even bother much when they are con.
For people whom desperately want the item,this is where the people get con easily by too good to be true price and immitation item.

online business to me is the same as walking into an acc shop.the different is that we dont see the item and in most case we cant even tell if its the original item or not.even if we buy an item from a normal shop and discover that it is fake,loss still incur to us.
the same loss when we did not receive item when buying online.
both are losses as we are not getting what we really want to buy.i am not talking about the figure but the loss incident itself.

online shopping in malaysia suck because the way it was done.most of the fault factor come from payment method.i strongly belive if the payment method is secured and legally binding then its almost 100% safe to buy online.even if con happen,legal action is easily accessible by victim as there is a law on it.problem is most transaction today are conducted on trust basis.
i am not saying all online business are scam and i do believe someone will say he/she has no problem depositing their money to an online website operator to buy an item.this is actually where the flood door of con lies.once there are honest people conducting legit business in the improper way exist,people with hoax business conducted in the improper way will take advantage.
doing the wrong thing(payment method) for the right cause(legit business) is not the right way all the time.a properly documented and legally binding method must be in place to protect both the buyer and seller at all time.

the main problem in online business is not wether the buyer see the item before purchasing or not but its wether they receive the item promised after paying or not.i strongly believe we will pay the sum if there is a comfort knowing we can receive the item and if we dont,we can have our refund.this is where a legally binding contract takes place.i dont mean a proper contract because it will take time and cost.a simple payment method like paypal will do.the law is free,remember that but the law has to be there first.specific law for online trading/business.

Customs,gst or whatever tax there are,not important to me as if we really want the item then we will pay for it.look at the big picture like property.prices are ridiculus nowadays but we still buy them.mind u the price is ridiculus not because of the tax.and,dont be surprise when u get the key to the house and want to sell it,the price actually reduced.yes this happen is some are which is supposed to be hot area.we will make a loss here.

get the similarity?
Its not about getting the item or not but about protecting the money being spend.if a proper control method is applied the we can spend safely.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
There is no definite way to see it online biz will work or not. Time will tell. I support online all the way if the goods are sold at lower prices. Good for consumers.

My concern (and others too) is whether ppl are trusting parting their (lots of hard earn) money buying stuff that they only see. or claimed based on the computer screen (the power of advert or rather the deceiving art of advert?)rather than testing it 1st hand.
Would someone buy online ICE product based on online feedbacks?

Take auto accesories for example: In-car camera. Many sellers claimed their product do such and such, at such competitive prices.....But when the items reach the buyers, the buyers found that the items were not as what as claimed earlier. Some rosak, some say warantee over, some claimed or suspected of missuse so no refund, etc Dispute, dispute, etc.....
On the last paragraph i can see that the are some people whom really take advantage of such advert and also on some innocent people.
This sort of people are pretty much terrible.
As far as review goes, i did a research for the past 2 months, nengun is very trustworthy and i felt there are other options as well which sells automotive part like nengun. Is it because of this kind of people that cheats customer and also giving no waranties and such are the culprit in the downfall of online business?
What made this worst is, there are no given customer rights in buying product and shouldn't this be law protected or something?

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

When people buy,its either because they can afford it or desperately want it.when they can afford it they dont mind paying a hefty sum and might not even bother much when they are con.
For people whom desperately want the item,this is where the people get con easily by too good to be true price and immitation item.

online business to me is the same as walking into an acc shop.the different is that we dont see the item and in most case we cant even tell if its the original item or not.even if we buy an item from a normal shop and discover that it is fake,loss still incur to us.
the same loss when we did not receive item when buying online.
both are losses as we are not getting what we really want to buy.i am not talking about the figure but the loss incident itself.

online shopping in malaysia suck because the way it was done.most of the fault factor come from payment method.i strongly belive if the payment method is secured and legally binding then its almost 100% safe to buy online.even if con happen,legal action is easily accessible by victim as there is a law on it.problem is most transaction today are conducted on trust basis.
i am not saying all online business are scam and i do believe someone will say he/she has no problem depositing their money to an online website operator to buy an item.this is actually where the flood door of con lies.once there are honest people conducting legit business in the improper way exist,people with hoax business conducted in the improper way will take advantage.
doing the wrong thing(payment method) for the right cause(legit business) is not the right way all the time.a properly documented and legally binding method must be in place to protect both the buyer and seller at all time.

the main problem in online business is not wether the buyer see the item before purchasing or not but its wether they receive the item promised after paying or not.i strongly believe we will pay the sum if there is a comfort knowing we can receive the item and if we dont,we can have our refund.this is where a legally binding contract takes place.i dont mean a proper contract because it will take time and cost.a simple payment method like paypal will do.the law is free,remember that but the law has to be there first.specific law for online trading/business.

Customs,gst or whatever tax there are,not important to me as if we really want the item then we will pay for it.look at the big picture like property.prices are ridiculus nowadays but we still buy them.mind u the price is ridiculus not because of the tax.and,dont be surprise when u get the key to the house and want to sell it,the price actually reduced.yes this happen is some are which is supposed to be hot area.we will make a loss here.

get the similarity?
Its not about getting the item or not but about protecting the money being spend.if a proper control method is applied the we can spend safely.
From this i can actually see that the true root of the problem is the security and law.
Buyer in Malaysia are not as fluid as buyer in the Euro. Buyer in Euro or America, they actually prefer to buy online no matter from where,whom or who. Possibility lies in the trustworthy of the seller(s). There, most probably there are no con cases, maybe a bit, but not much.
Here in Malaysia we can detect that some people are doing 1001 things just to get money fast. Even to go as far as selling an iphone 6 cover with a small metal plate inside for 3000. (Yes, someone we through it before.) Getting cheated and such.
I get your message, but i think Paypal is still the best way for a transaction because it protects the buyer more than the seller.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buying from established sellers then okay. I have got a few deals from groupon and mydeal. There was some problem with a deal and groupon refunded to me. As for mydeal I had a product that was not in good condition when it arrived, email to mydeal and they contacted the dealer and they promptly sent a replacement.....:biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
It all boils down to consumer awereness. Sellers always have no incentive to provide secured payment channel as long as they can sell. Only when buyers demand it there will be changes to the system. Business that not provide secured transaction will see buyers go away to competitors who have secured channel of transactions. As long as this awareness and trend isn't built up, this will be an obstacle for Malaysia e-commerce to really take off. While this is a payment concern, getting the product as advertised is another. This is happening in China's giant online retail site TaoBao or any other online retailers in any country. It's not country specific but generally worse in countries with less sophisticated consumer protection.

We do have high quality local products , I really hate when one of my ignorant friends said 'local made can use meh?' who like to play car and mod car but never heard of Yokohama, Toyo, Bridgestone (all he knows is Goodyear and Silverstone) and couldn't even pump a proper tyre pressure. Tiu. OK. The point is I always source locally for before going foreign. Where to get good info of local gems and this is where forums like Zth comes in handy.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some local parts are good quality, but their prices can be quite steep, when compared to used japanese part (esp. when their condition is still good, and the QC is second to none). No to mention the JDM-ness...

This is when buyers might go for japanese goods, and not local made ones....

How to beli barang Malaysia if the RM prices are so dear?

Reminds me of "cuti-cuti malaysia" that cost more than cuti cuti Thailand or Indonesia.....

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
bid at japan auction. hehe
Buyee charges a lot. Got my Raybrig H4s from there. Costed around RM 140-160 in the end. Heh. Only done it because no one sells Raybrig here anymore, and me being a desperate fanboy. The amount of parts there amazes me still. :rolleyes:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buyee charges a lot. Got my Raybrig H4s from there. Costed around RM 140-160 in the end. Heh. Only done it because no one sells Raybrig here anymore, and me being a desperate fanboy. The amount of parts there amazes me still. :rolleyes:
Did you bid using a proxy?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All Senpais,

Which is the way to go for my selections of cars, B8 Passat 380TSI (new) or F32 428i coupe (2nd hand) having priced very similar at RM 158k?

I am rather torn in between 2 due to the fact that I love the DSG experience on the Pasat while wide track rear wheel drive machine is highly desirable as well. Additionally, the N20 engine on the beemer seems to have some issues with oil drip head gasket and timing chain guide which are rather a concern to me.

Hence, I appreciate all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience