Open Talk: Nengun Performance in Malaysia

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Good Afternoon dear all ZTH-rians.
And i wanna say Happy CNY to my fellow close forum people such as Izso, Stupidcar, Ken Yeang, VR, Supra F,Ken Diriwan.....Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

As the topic above, it's an open talk actually.
I wanna ask on Nengun Performance.
K they are basically Mydin for Automotive Parts such as us here. But not many people would actually choose to buy from them mainly because:
1.The cost of tax (10+5 percent) of the whole total goods.
2.Long lead times (2 months at most)
3.Don't dare to buy from the internet for expensive product. Fear of money getting lost halfway or anything.
4.The risk of item lost.
5.Please do add if any of you have your own fear that drive you not to buy from internet page such as nengun or RHDJDM.

I know that people are going crazy for JDM item.. and i asked so many people that have any experience buying from nengun or similar. My first response that i would get usually are as such, 'Why buy international, go buy local la!'. 'Here got everything you want to go buy HKS JUN for what.'
That was the type of comments that i would get.
Don't get me wrong by saying i am a person who does not support the local brand here in malaysia or the items that we're brought here in malaysia.
But i am just asking in this bloody long post, would it actually help if there was a person whom doesn't take too much profit (Maybe just 2-3% for every item) and help people to get stuff such as original HKS camshaft which cost 600 USD plus maybe 400 after tax plus delivery charges which already been saturated among every item. one time shipped 20 products.EXAMPLE.
This would mount to the total of the camshaft to RM2400-2500 both intake and exhaust.
Here in Malaysian, i've seen camshaft such as Skunk 2 worth 3000 for both piece. and not to mention all those other cheap-not-so-sure-original camshaft selling at a low price.
I've seen tomei and Duratech camshaft worth more than 3000.
I'm not trying to spoil anyone else business here, but i just want to know would it be helpful if we can actually open up the international market to everyone here in malaysia? My dream and goal is, i want all these HKS,JUN, Cusco, Tomei, BRIDE and even Brembo are easily obtained here in Malaysia and free up the market just a lil bit.
Will people order it?
Will they be satisfied?
Will they be happier?
Will car enthusiast be happy?

Any response or feedback are highly appreciated, as you can see that i've written on the topic, it's an open talk. Let it be a positive or even negative feedback, it is okay, because i want to learn more and hoping that i can be helpful for enthusiast.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Errrr....Wat?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i prefer used item from japan...because cheap! and really good... haha :driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
buying via inline has hidden cost....like shipping and taxation. Car parts are bulky and heavy, and they cost a bomb to ship.

I would buy it new via online if really necessary. if not, i just go local:halfcut...

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
i prefer used item from japan...because cheap! and really good... haha :driver:
buying via inline has hidden cost....like shipping and taxation. Car parts are bulky and heavy, and they cost a bomb to ship.

I would buy it new via online if really necessary. if not, i just go local:halfcut...
True..But i do predict the cost of shipping could greatly be reduce if we order one shot. Group order maybe ken?

As pomen said, the used parts here are quite cheap. But however, luck is there to actually determine what kind of quality you would be getting because it a used item. Another man barrel bottom is another man's shield.

Would this kind of nengun exposure in Malaysia would actually lower the price of second hand chop parts or it wont give effect?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
group ordering is good. I like group ordering.

Malaysians in general like to touch and feel what they are buying. The concept of online buying things hasn't quite hit off here due to fears of being conned, which is rightly justified.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
group order and customs tax not really going along well... :biggrin: thats the main issue....

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
group ordering is good. I like group ordering.

Malaysians in general like to touch and feel what they are buying. The concept of online buying things hasn't quite hit off here due to fears of being conned, which is rightly justified.
The fear of being conned came from the people who conned other people.. this actually stop the potent of online shopping from growing.. however, when i look at some social media, or my fiancee for example, they actually have the courage to buy an item which is at a really low price such as scarf which probably cost 30 with delivery.. i see that they are actually buying this thing through instagram lately.. and lets say Izso, if, IF, we just make customer pay for a small margin, let's say 3 percent of the price first, would it be the same concept of 'there's not much to lose'. Would it encourage people to buy?
And the seller would actually take the risk, but i think it is not that significant because JDM parts are often sought for.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

group order and customs tax not really going along well... :biggrin: thats the main issue....
As for tax, i think i know a way on how to pay at a slightly lower rate.
It won't be significant in the short run, but it'll go a long way. and that one for tax, on automotive parts, MAlaysia goverment charge 10% + 5% of total item and shipping cost. how about GST? implemented too later?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
True. Esp in today's economy, the govt would tax everything, everytime and whenever if they can.

Remember last time the Govt of discountinuing to licence half-cut shops? To was mainly protect the **ahem**.....

Consumers are mostly the tax milk-cows....
So, buying stuff online, paying shipping and factoring the all-time low ringgit value today........the online biz isnt going anywhere soon....for Malaysian.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
True. Esp in today's economy, the govt would tax everything, everytime and whenever if they can.

Remember last time the Govt of discountinuing to licence half-cut shops? To was mainly protect the **ahem**.....

Consumers are mostly the tax milk-cows....
So, buying stuff online, paying shipping and factoring the all-time low ringgit value today........the online biz isnt going anywhere soon....for Malaysian.
From what i see is that they are tryin to protect puloton.
You're thinking that soon the online biz would collapse? I am not so sure about that one, because from what i see, these online seller does not pay shop rent, or advertising payment or staff salary because usually they are a one or two man show, selling from their house, made to order, some pre stock, and they don't have too many overhead cost.
Which allows them to sustain better and giving a lower price compare to the traditional shop which have to pay this and that.
This was the thing that i account for them to last longer than the normal ones.. i may be wrong though..maybe just like you said, it wouldn't go anywhere.. especially with conning cases.:banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As for tax, i think i know a way on how to pay at a slightly lower rate.
It won't be significant in the short run, but it'll go a long way. and that one for tax, on automotive parts, MAlaysia goverment charge 10% + 5% of total item and shipping cost. how about GST? implemented too later?
Bringing in parts normally the tax is cheaper, but they still have the tariff code to follow. Now is Duty plus Sales Tax. Once GST starts it should be Duty plus GST, which replaces the Sales Tax.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Bringing in parts normally the tax is cheaper, but they still have the tariff code to follow. Now is Duty plus Sales Tax. Once GST starts it should be Duty plus GST, which replaces the Sales Tax.
Ahhh.. so the calculation would be 10+6 instead of 10+5?
How wonderful!
Me love GST!
=.=

I really have no idea why they want to implement GST now...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ahhh.. so the calculation would be 10+6 instead of 10+5?
How wonderful!
Me love GST!
=.=

I really have no idea why they want to implement GST now...
Like mentioned before everything has it's pros and cons.
GST replaces Sales Tax, is 6% vs 10% and it looks good on paper, means reduce 4%, but you must understand that 10% sales tax is on import price which is at it's lowest.
GST is taxed at it's selling price, means last stop, consumer purchase price. If the goods is low margin from import to selling price then tax is lower, but if the products is high margin product, then tax will be higher.
For own import, tax should be lower as no middle man....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience