Old School Cars Discussion

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually, recently my grandfather's friend, a makat shop owner said he got full piping for Wira unused. Say want to give it to me but the person who is keeping the piping haven't pass it to him. Now I think maybe can use this reason to get that...
What full piping? Includes extractor? Go ask and fit loh......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Usually will be muffler area, that is where the water condenses the most and harder to evaporate unlike in the pipes get heated or blown off....:driver:
So, there is a hole somewhere on the muffler? It does sound like air is forced out from a hole when I rev the car. Like the air isn't flowing out smoothly.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, there is a hole somewhere on the muffler? It does sound like air is forced out from a hole when I rev the car. Like the air isn't flowing out smoothly.
The muffler have different compartments to muffle the exhaust note, so if got hole it finds the easiest way out mah.....:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The muffler have different compartments to muffle the exhaust note, so if got hole it finds the easiest way out mah.....:rofl:
I am guessing if it is the muffler, a fix probably can't be done? A new muffler is needed?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
per year or per month?
5k km is easily my wife mileage in 2 months worrr
per year... office is very close and this car goes practically nowhere else other than my office...
and in the previous owners hands, the car was mainly kept sitting at home...

Only happens during cold start. When warm up, it is fine like nothing is wrong... I can't even explain why this happens.

I think it is. Sound gets very loud at rear left wheel there. The muffler area... Looks like this time I should change exhaust system...
go decarb haha u can easily find the leak!!

and technically they have their means to seal the lobangs up onelah

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am guessing if it is the muffler, a fix probably can't be done? A new muffler is needed?
Small hole can fix, but usually if got hole means the metal have rusted and other areas might just spring another leak somewhere else later. Better to change.....:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeaaa, if cannot tampal like bro vr2turbo said, change to SS piping. Got bling effect mar.
SS lasts longer compared to those grey piping. SS piping cost more but worth it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
per year... office is very close and this car goes practically nowhere else other than my office...
and in the previous owners hands, the car was mainly kept sitting at home...

go decarb haha u can easily find the leak!!

and technically they have their means to seal the lobangs up onelah
Decarb like those videos that people posted online? A lot of white smoke coming out? I don't really trust those things somehow...

Actually I was hoping the muffler can't be repaired so I can now have a reason to mod the exhaust. :rofl: Previously family is objecting when I say I want to mod exhaust. I said, change new exhaust system better than this old rusted one what. They say, if it hasn't spoil, why change it.

Small hole can fix, but usually if got hole means the metal have rusted and other areas might just spring another leak somewhere else later. Better to change.....:smokin:
Sounds 3 times louder than usual now. From the video I showed you, you can probably tell it is loud. A small hole couldn't have made this much of noise can it?

I had a feeling that maybe because I shifted at 6000 rpm a few times last week and this caused the exhaust piping to leak...

yeaaa, if cannot tampal like bro vr2turbo said, change to SS piping. Got bling effect mar.
SS lasts longer compared to those grey piping. SS piping cost more but worth it.
Earlier on I mentioned that someone wants to give me a full piping system. That one he said is made out of stainless steel. But I'm not sure when will be give me or is he even serious about it. He said he is old and he don't need the exhaust anymore. He bought a used Wira recently and this exhaust belonged to the ex owner which is his friend.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SS will last and last, my SS muffler 17 years dy.......lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Earlier on I mentioned that someone wants to give me a full piping system. That one he said is made out of stainless steel. But I'm not sure when will be give me or is he even serious about it. He said he is old and he don't need the exhaust anymore. He bought a used Wira recently and this exhaust belonged to the ex owner which is his friend.
Ask first, if can get free all the better......:adore:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Taiko vr2turbo.......SS certainly last long-long. I wish I could do SS piping to my car, before the era of "Barang-Naik". Nowadays, every shop gip standard excuse "Aiya.....what to do??, malaysia money small-small oredi, so barang naik lor".:banghead:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Forget that decarbo thing with the white smoke, complete nonsense. Fill RON 97, go rev to 4K on the high way for 20 mins. Vary the speed and rpm.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Stainless steel. Hardly got any reason for it to break since rust won't happen to it.

His mom........ssssssh..........:biggrin::biggrin:
:biggrin:

Ask first, if can get free all the better......:adore:
I wasn't so sure whether this makat shop uncle is giving it or not. He is one of my grandfather's good friend and my grandfather always went to his workplace to chat. Recently I have been fetching my grandfather there and kept saying he will give me that exhaust system. I ask him why he don't want and he said he is old already, don't need this kind of thing. Meanwhile, my grandfather kept telling me that he is joking and don't take it seriously. :confused:

Forget that decarbo thing with the white smoke, complete nonsense. Fill RON 97, go rev to 4K on the high way for 20 mins. Vary the speed and rpm.
Hah, it already does look suspicious to me from the beginning I learned about these decarbo. All looked like some local made chemical products.

- Back to the earlier topic of rich students and young people nowadays, I saw a E90 3 series just now. Driven by UTAR uni student. Saw it before twice since last week on rainy days and I thought the tyres look a bit unique. Got close to it today when the E90 is parked. Guess what I saw? Toyo Proxes R888 tyres on all 4. No wonder the tyres look weird. Uni students nowadays... Buying semi-slicks on BMW and driving it on rainy days. Not to mention using the car as daily car too. Insane to use R888 on a daily driven car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey all,

just wanted to find out what the general opinion is for the top range Honda City and the Kia Forte.

City around 90k and the Forte around 94k.. but City oni 1.6, Forte 2.0.

In terms of exterior Forte and City look like clones...Interior got any comments?

Anyone compared these cars? in terms of performance and quality which would be a better buy?

Appreciate any feedback :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience