Old School Cars Discussion

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My real name revealed, hahahahaha. :biggrin: Your kids seems to be very well educated and not influenced by the youngster mentality in KL. Drive old cars also no complain. My same aged Ipoh friends who went to KL for study, many already got infected by the KL youngster mentality. Talking about brand image and all that. Urgh... :banghead: Some even pick up drinking alcohol, clubbing and smoking even when they are still in college or uni... You wouldn't believe that these people have turned this way considering few years ago in secondary school, they are like some of the most well behaved students around. At most they will do last time is just skipping school once in a while and go to cyber cafe. People change really fast when they go to KL and live alone.
Oops, sometimes reply fb mah.....hhahahhaha

My kids cannot ask too much as their father not rich like your friend's parents......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oops, sometimes reply fb mah.....hhahahhaha

My kids cannot ask too much as their father not rich like your friend's parents......lol
Later Ken Yeang thought you are referring to him. :rofl:

My friend's parents? The CX-3 guy? His parents are not rich. Doing small hawker business only. House only got old B11 Sunny and Axia. I don't think his parents can support him a lot for that CX-3.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Looking back time when I was a kid, I thought spending my pocket money (mostly 20cents coins) at arcade, on Street Fighter game was bad.......but nothing compared to spoilt kids thesedays wasting money on booze, clubbing, ciggy, gadgets, modding cars and maybe drugs....Money never enuf like that. "Donno how to find money, but oredi know how to enjoy" as the sayin goes...

No wonder that Jobstreet.com have reported that the no.1 problem of unemployment among fresh grad today is their (unrealistic) demand for their salary. Some have asked for RM6500/month, with zero workin experience. When asked why......they say they were the Top-Student in their class wor....

Exactly, their expectations dont match with reality. Nobody is obligated to give you a job. With expectations like these, can stay unemployed for good. We must always adjust to suit the world not the other way around, especially when it comes to earning money. Coming from a lower middle class family I understood that very early on.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Later Ken Yeang thought you are referring to him. :rofl:

My friend's parents? The CX-3 guy? His parents are not rich. Doing small hawker business only. House only got old B11 Sunny and Axia. I don't think his parents can support him a lot for that CX-3.
Ken Yeang not as young as you mah.....hahaha

Oh! then he struggle with the installments? I have friends who buys new cars too, but they get Myvi, Saga, now the Bezza not higher end cars.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Exactly, their expectations dont match with reality. Nobody is obligated to give you a job. With expectations like these, can stay unemployed for good. We must always adjust to suit the world not the other way around, especially when it comes to earning money. Coming from a lower middle class family I understood that very early on.
Well, unless you are very talented and in high demand from the industry, then you can think about people finding you to give you a job. Otherwise, we are just as ordinary and normal as anyone else out there. Can be replaced anytime. Too bad, but that is reality. We can't expect that we are somewhat special. Well even if you are special, outside people and your employers won't know about it during their first encounter with you isn't it? :biggrin: At least take some time to learn and probably display your skills and talents slowly.

Ken Yeang not as young as you mah.....hahaha

Oh! then he struggle with the installments? I have friends who buys new cars too, but they get Myvi, Saga, now the Bezza not higher end cars.....lol
Din't know whether is he a young guy or not what.

He haven't bought the car yet, so no struggle for now. Like I said, just worked for 2 months only. Said he will buy after a year plus of working. Still, unless he got a high increment in salary, I don't think that is quite a good idea.

Before working, he told me he don't care much about cars. Just another transport from point A to B.
Now, I suggest other cheaper alternatives to him like maybe Mazda 3 at RM120k since the features are almost the same. He said, not a tall car, so no. I also told him about BR-V after I read about its recent launch. Told him, cheap and it is a tall car. He said, what for buying a 7 seater when I'm alone and single. Then he said, 1.5 litre probably underpowered also plus design not so nice. Last time said car is for point A to B transport, now talk about underpowered, car not tall enough (he did say the word tall instead of high) and design. :confused: :banghead:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Before working, he told me he don't care much about cars. Just another transport from point A to B.
Now, I suggest other cheaper alternatives to him like maybe Mazda 3 at RM120k since the features are almost the same. He said, not a tall car, so no. I also told him about BR-V after I read about its recent launch. Told him, cheap and it is a tall car. He said, what for buying a 7 seater when I'm alone and single. Then he said, 1.5 litre probably underpowered also plus design not so nice. Last time said car is for point A to B transport, now talk about underpowered, car not tall enough (he did say the word tall instead of high) and design. :confused: :banghead:
ask him to belilah old junk~~

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ask him to belilah old junk~~
His own old Sunny also he don't drive, how to ask him buy old junk. I did say to him, get a Wira or maybe Satria if you are not fetching anyone. These cars are cheap to maintain and will be able to serve as your point A to B transport. He just say something like hmm, okay... I knew it that he wouldn't bother. Anyway, I already did all the calculations in advance for him and shown him too. The decision lies on him to go with this idea or not. Still got a year plus to go since he is not buying the car so soon.

He is not a car guy either. Mostly clueless about car stuff. Tell him to get old cars later got problem and got chopped during repair, might end up blaming me. Better not suggest old cars to other people as daily transport. You know people nowadays. Later if something is wrong, probably will point at me saying this is all my suggestion.

At the end, the one who bought new car and suffer from installment is not me. :biggrin: I did my part in researching and calculating the maintenance costs for you already. If I want you to die fast, I probably won't calculate anything and tell you to go ahead and buy it now. :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sometimes, as a fren....we could only give the best advice. since they have asked, we gave our best honest answer. Bro Renesis was even kinder by giving his fren calculation of owning such car.

If die-die the fresh gard think he can buy and maintain the expensive car....then good luck to him. He might be even a lucky lil bastard with a boss that sayang him, and gave him a fat pay check every month.

Unfortunately, if he bought the car and found that cannot support the car financially, I would really-really love to see the fresh-grad's face...after CX-3 then changed Saga BLM. heheheehe....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
sometimes, as a fren....we could only give the best advice. since they have asked, we gave our best honest answer. Bro Renesis was even kinder by giving his fren calculation of owning such car.

If die-die the fresh gard think he can buy and maintain the expensive car....then good luck to him. He might be even a lucky lil bastard with a boss that sayang him, and gave him a fat pay check every month.

Unfortunately, if he bought the car and found that cannot support the car financially, I would really-really love to see the fresh-grad's face...after CX-3 then changed Saga BLM. heheheehe....
Well, I know him well. A friend for 15 years already and he came to me asking about the car.

I think, maybe he should just go for the RM99k HR-V base spec and save some money there because he is asking for either HR-V or CX-3. But he is leaning more towards CX-3. Also, I think recently, price of CX-3 has increased for like extra RM5k.

I hope he can handle the car's finance when he got the car. Who knows, maybe a year later, his salary is increased to 4k plus instead of 3k plus.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
have a friend, when he got back to malaysia, got himself a hyundai elantra but mostly cause it looked cool..... there was no practical reason here, decision was made cause it just looked cool =="

1 and a half years later he mau tukar lagi, of all things, to a german car.... ohwai also told him the maintanance will completely obliterate him but meh not my call.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
have a friend, when he got back to malaysia, got himself a hyundai elantra but mostly cause it looked cool..... there was no practical reason here, decision was made cause it just looked cool =="

1 and a half years later he mau tukar lagi, of all things, to a german car.... ohwai also told him the maintanance will completely obliterate him but meh not my call.
He worked overseas is it? If he worked overseas, then no problem buying expensive cars. :biggrin:

If study overseas and come back, better don't burn more money. Already spent a lot outside Malaysia.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Drive old car no problem what.....as long poket mau tebal
New car also pocket need to be thick. If not, how to manage installment. Or what if you are unlucky and you got a problematic car. Now I understand why Volkswagen owners are so crazy and angry about their DSG failure issue. Monthly paying few thousand ringgit of installment, thinking that they got German car with good quality and class. Ends up DSG got issue and they need spend even more money because of such problem.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Pocket surely need to be tebal....whatever car we are driving. There are many hidden cost involved...xxx km maintenance, rosak, accident, vandalism, detailing, modding, petrol, roadtax insurance renewal...etc...It never ends one. Some ppl send car to spa kilat-kilat and can spend until RM500 and still say worth it. Me? I ride motorbike abt RM10 petrol for 1 week......to save a few bucks to make ends meet...Oso to beat the lousy kl jam.

Worst still, after investing so much marney, then car kana stolen......surely you wont be compensated based on the actual value invested. All add up.....surely cry like big baby....Some cry and wanna die pulak. hahahaha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
New car also pocket need to be thick. If not, how to manage installment. Or what if you are unlucky and you got a problematic car. Now I understand why Volkswagen owners are so crazy and angry about their DSG failure issue. Monthly paying few thousand ringgit of installment, thinking that they got German car with good quality and class. Ends up DSG got issue and they need spend even more money because of such problem.
kinda like a sohai paying so much $$$ but getting a lemon.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.anyone here have install adjustable fuel regulator on your viva..please share with me how you did that..thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience