Old School Cars Discussion

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
LOL, then that will be worse than now. Petrol 2 times cheaper than now but salary is almost 2.5 times lower... :banghead:

Interior also stock. But was actually quite tempted to do some mods on engine and mechanical parts... Not high performance stuff, but probably things that is at a higher quality than stock parts.
but property, makan, rental all more than 2x..... i think its alot more than 2x... owai.........

wana sumbat some mechanical stuff... go ahead hehe..... grind the intake, exhaust.... lightened pulley, flywheel, shortshifter........:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
but property, makan, rental all more than 2x..... i think its alot more than 2x... owai.........

wana sumbat some mechanical stuff... go ahead hehe..... grind the intake, exhaust.... lightened pulley, flywheel, shortshifter........:driver:
Property price of course more than 2x already. At the rate this is going, I really wonder if something like an asset price bubble collapse happens, what will the consequences be.

Will find a better alternatives for these parts when they broke down. Otherwise, keep it as it is for now. Thinking of adjustables too because the current suspension is already reaching it's lifespan. Don't feel like changing back to stock. Shortshifter maybe is not necessary because Wira shifter is already quite short?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Property price of course more than 2x already. At the rate this is going, I really wonder if something like an asset price bubble collapse happens, what will the consequences be.

Will find a better alternatives for these parts when they broke down. Otherwise, keep it as it is for now. Thinking of adjustables too because the current suspension is already reaching it's lifespan. Don't feel like changing back to stock. Shortshifter maybe is not necessary because Wira shifter is already quite short?
adjustables..... just dong go too hard, backside sakit nanti.
and a shortshifter doesnt make the shifter 'shorter' it makes the throw shorter... wira punya throw, not exactly short

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Powerful plastic card ehh?? Hehehe....
Enjoy first, cry later.
I've been through that...now family first.
Bank hate me...wahahaha
dont forget that the majority of cases of brankruptcy in Mesia is due to uncontroalble credit card spendings.....on car-related matters.

Fresh graduates now mau gaya, mutu and keunggulan.....so, they hantam credit card......then cannot pay......bank hantam back them until bankrupt...

My unker fren said his fresh-grad son is asking for a brand new honda civic for his daily ride, because this is the impression of Uni grad should be wor.....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
ehh banks should looove you!!!
Ya lah bro, no more cincai spend using cards, unless emergency. Bank tak da untung. Hahaha...:biggrin:
Sometimes I see people using card to pay kfc, pizza, starbuks...etc. My bad, if they wanna earn points.
For fast food, I prefer cash.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Fresh graduates now mau gaya, mutu and keunggulan.....so, they hantam credit card......then cannot pay......bank hantam back them until bankrupt...

My unker fren said his fresh-grad son is asking for a brand new honda civic for his daily ride, because this is the impression of Uni grad should be wor.....
Nowadays graduates should realize that mindset is only good in 1984 and before..IMHO best thing to do is to buy second hand car with low price and learn as much as possible about cars so that you can diagnose and even fix minor problems by your self. My trusty old saga taught me a lot of valuable knowledge about driveshafts, carbs, window mechanisms, steering rack, suspension, rust fixing and prevention..etc..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
i supposed youngsters today not so interested with cars, and getting their hand dirty. They prefer comfy-comfy and gadgets in their hand....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
adjustables..... just dong go too hard, backside sakit nanti.
and a shortshifter doesnt make the shifter 'shorter' it makes the throw shorter... wira punya throw, not exactly short
I think I have some crazy idea but it probably sounds ridiculous if I choose to do so... Get a dual flow valve adjustable like Ohlins DFV... I know they cost like RM10k?

In my house, Wira's throw is the shortest compared to Saga Iswara and Myvi manual. Myvi's shifting feel is the worse... Doesn't feel smooth. At least it is still a manual though. :biggrin:

Nowadays I'm always driving Myvi whenever I'm fetching my grandparents. They said Wira is too low and difficult for them to get in and out from the car. After days of driving Myvi and switching back to Wira, I know how much better Wira felt compared to Myvi.

dont forget that the majority of cases of brankruptcy in Mesia is due to uncontroalble credit card spendings.....on car-related matters.

I don't see the point of credit card at all... Isn't paying by cash better and got more 'gaya' like you said? You got real cash in hand, not a card...

i supposed youngsters today not so interested with cars, and getting their hand dirty. They prefer comfy-comfy and gadgets in their hand....
Old cars and even lower tier cars don't appeal to most youngsters. I can see it in some of my friends because I'm in that age group.

My friend who just got his job 2 months ago told me that he wants to consider buying HR-V or CX-3 as first car... What the.... I did remind him many times that it is not easy to take care of such cars especially for fresh grad... Just yearly insurance already come up to RM3.9k and roadtax is like RM430....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Fresh grad starts new job..... a (new) car is a must for them to go to work....unlikely to be tinkering with it, except when kena poison at zth.

I just to know that my retired unker neighbor gonna buy his fresh grad son a new HRV woh. His son said there are already too many honda civic on the road. Not best loh. So, this is his choice.......while the father drives an old Perdana.

Youngsters today feeling so entitled....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Drive "only". The rest neighbor unkle settle all....service, washing, insurance...etc.
Like my neighbor unkle also. Son around, but father wash his car. What the....??

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Old cars and even lower tier cars don't appeal to most youngsters. I can see it in some of my friends because I'm in that age group.

My friend who just got his job 2 months ago told me that he wants to consider buying HR-V or CX-3 as first car... What the.... I did remind him many times that it is not easy to take care of such cars especially for fresh grad... Just yearly insurance already come up to RM3.9k and roadtax is like RM430....
So true, image is everything to most people in Asia.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
fresh grads with new cars.....

kinda true actually... have a few friends who got themselves new cars right after graduating.... sonata, polo, rcz, cx5..... god knows siapa bayar servicing/running costs.

So true, image is everything to most people in Asia.
while i still drive a 20yo junk *cries*

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Fresh grad starts new job..... a (new) car is a must for them to go to work....unlikely to be tinkering with it, except when kena poison at zth.

I just to know that my retired unker neighbor gonna buy his fresh grad son a new HRV woh. His son said there are already too many honda civic on the road. Not best loh. So, this is his choice.......while the father drives an old Perdana.

Youngsters today feeling so entitled....

back then i dont even bother buying my car :driver: coz whenever i crave for driving ill just drive the rally car in training place...haha

and since single...i rode bike everywhere more convenient....even till now i prefer riding...easy parking, cheap fuel, cheap roadtax, fast and efficient coz no stuck in traffic jam....

family cars also i didnt bother with new car...im total analog/manual person so...i prefer less electronic....so new car didnt even turn me on... :rofl::driver:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
fresh grads with new cars.....

kinda true actually... have a few friends who got themselves new cars right after graduating.... sonata, polo, rcz, cx5..... god knows siapa bayar servicing/running costs.

while i still drive a 20yo junk *cries*
Yes i still drive 25 year old junk, but works really well though. In fact every feature on my saga works, except low fuel warning indicator.