Old car or New Car with the same price???

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Agree, Koreans seems to sell most of their models or all? Not sure, as for Japanese cars, they are limiting the models available for Asian Markets. Sad but what to do? They are afraid to have losses but can't blame them, they are doing business and they are bringing in models base on consumer needs and mentality in Malaysia. After so long only revive the FT86 to us. But too bad they are not coming out with the convertible FT86
Koreans din't bring all their models over here. I know there are some they din't bring it here like Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Hyundai Equus (the rival for S class, 7 Series, Audi A8), Kia Cadenza and etc. But those are rather high end luxury Korean cars so I think even if they do bring in those, our local people will have the mentality like "Ai ya, korean car also that expensive? I rather buy BMW, Mercedes or Audi loh". Even a prestigious company like Lexus is suffering from discrimination from the locals over here. As many have said, "Still a Toyota". I really dislike that quote...

The 86 and BRZ is overpriced. Their pricing is too close to the Impreza WRX STI. In other countries, they are suppose to be way cheaper than the WRX STI. :banghead:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Gotta agree with u. The policies in our country is one of the reasons for the Japanese cars here not on par with the rest of the world. :banghead::banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Koreans din't bring all their models over here. I know there are some they din't bring it here like Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Hyundai Equus (the rival for S class, 7 Series, Audi A8), Kia Cadenza and etc. But those are rather high end luxury Korean cars so I think even if they do bring in those, our local people will have the mentality like "Ai ya, korean car also that expensive? I rather buy BMW, Mercedes or Audi loh". Even a prestigious company like Lexus is suffering from discrimination from the locals over here. As many have said, "Still a Toyota". I really dislike that quote...

The 86 and BRZ is overpriced. Their pricing is too close to the Impreza WRX STI. In other countries, they are suppose to be way cheaper than the WRX STI. :banghead:
Those who said Lexus still a Toyota, they are just sour grapes, can't afford then give such comments. I don't see people saying infiniti still a Nissan or Acura a still a Honda...Then Audi still a VW?? :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Gotta agree with u. The policies in our country is one of the reasons for the Japanese cars here not on par with the rest of the world. :banghead::banghead:
During the 90s, we still get great japanese cars over here. But now, we get low end cars with 'Japanese' brand on them. :banghead:

Those who said Lexus still a Toyota, they are just sour grapes, can't afford then give such comments. I don't see people saying infiniti still a Nissan or Acura a still a Honda...Then Audi still a VW?? :hmmmm:
They are just plain stupid. If I am not wrong, Lexus manage to outsold Mercedes in USA during the 90s. For now, I'm not so sure. Those very recent Lexus models like the new GS, IS and LS looks simply fantastic in my point of view. The interior is very nice.

Cannot count Audi as VW because Audi's original roots are not traced back to VW. However, Porsche is related to VW as they are started by the same person. So, can we call Porsche 911 as VW Beetle? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

During the 90s, we still get great japanese cars over here. But now, we get low end cars with 'Japanese' brand on them. :banghead:

They are just plain stupid. If I am not wrong, Lexus manage to outsold Mercedes in USA during the 90s. For now, I'm not so sure. Those very recent Lexus models like the new GS, IS and LS looks simply fantastic in my point of view. The interior is very nice.

Cannot count Audi as VW because Audi's original roots are not traced back to VW. However, Porsche is related to VW as they are started by the same person. So, can we call Porsche 911 as VW Beetle? :rofl:
Ya extra 10K for WRX I rather take WRX extra 10K for extra 100HP and 4WD yet is bigger with 4 doors

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
New Civic 2.0 doesn't even have DOHC engine anymore. Throw away the K series engine for the R series engine. :banghead:

Look at it carefully, I think the Japanese companies are giving our local markets with low quality cars which totally does not reflect their current level of technology. Cars like Almera and City are not sold in the Japanese market at all. But 2nd generation Vios a.k.a dugong is sold in Japan as Toyota Belta. :biggrin:

If we compare with what kind of Toyota, Honda and Nissan that are available in their own market with ours, we can really see how pathetic the models that we get over here.

Koreans are trying to dominate our local budget car market. The Japanese looked as if they are just trying to sell their cars based with their brand name alone. Sad for our market. :banghead:
Innova, Vios, Avanza, Fortuner all by Toyota Indonesia R&D. But using old Toyota tech.
We all must blame the tax, gas and diesel quality.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya extra 10K for WRX I rather take WRX extra 10K for extra 100HP and 4WD yet is bigger with 4 doors
Highly agree on this. But the 86/BRZ will get more attention when driven out to the public compared to WRX STI. That is the part where 86/BRZ win over WRX STI. :rofl: Not counting about drifting yet. :biggrin:

Innova, Vios, Avanza, Fortuner all by Toyota Indonesia R&D. But using old Toyota tech.
We all must blame the tax, gas and diesel quality.
That might be true for Innova, Avanza and Fortuner. But not really for the case of Vios. The 2nd generation Vios is a rebadged Toyota Belta which is for the Japanese market. The same car is also sold as Toyota Yaris is USA and Australia as well.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Highly agree on this. But the 86/BRZ will get more attention when driven out to the public compared to WRX STI. That is the part where 86/BRZ win over WRX STI. :rofl: Not counting about drifting yet. :biggrin:

That might be true for Innova, Avanza and Fortuner. But not really for the case of Vios. The 2nd generation Vios is a rebadged Toyota Belta which is for the Japanese market. The same car is also sold as Toyota Yaris is USA and Australia as well.
Just because is 2 doors, most girls will say "wah sports car" :rofl:

And also because of the history of AE86 and the major publicity of the car by Initial D, the
86 Icon is there. But I would still prefer the WRX S206 more. Put side by side with BRZ.
WRX S206 design will somehow overshadow the BRZ/86 if u say in terms of design wise and
not popularity of the previous AE86.

The only Subaru that actually attracted me so far is the new WRX STi S206.
Lucky to spot it once in Smart Tunnel. Blue one with Singapore plate.
Looks even better than in reality than photos.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

And also because of the history of AE86 and the major publicity of the car by Initial D, the
86 Icon is there. But I would still prefer the WRX S206 more. Put side by side with BRZ.
WRX S206 design will somehow overshadow the BRZ/86 if u say in terms of design wise and

S206 is the latest one isn't it? But the rear spoiler looks slightly weird and ah beng styled. Can change back to the original WRX STI sedan spoiler?

To me, the new 86 feels more like a Subaru than a Toyota. It is true that it carries the name and design from Toyota but the engineering inside the car is more towards Subaru side. Furthermore, it is manufactured in Subaru's factory rather than Toyota's factory.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

LOL! Sorry, Vios is from Thai, but idk where it is designed from.
The other 3, confirm Indon. :biggrin: But apart from Avanza, the Innova is a bang for buck.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

S206 is the latest one isn't it? But the rear spoiler looks slightly weird and ah beng styled. Can change back to the original WRX STI sedan spoiler?

To me, the new 86 feels more like a Subaru than a Toyota. It is true that it carries the name and design from Toyota but the engineering inside the car is more towards Subaru side. Furthermore, it is manufactured in Subaru's factory rather than Toyota's factory.
S204 is the only Subie I like. :love:
But Evo 8 MR ftw!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya latest one, k lat the spoiler. If we are talking about the NBR Challenge WRX Sti :biggrin:
Still prefer this over GC8. But then GC8 was the nicest among all before S206 was launched
to me.

Ya engine is a boxer engine. Toyota shud be more on design wise I suppose. But lots of
TRD parts for the Toyota Version

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
LOL! Sorry, Vios is from Thai, but idk where it is designed from.
The other 3, confirm Indon. :biggrin: But apart from Avanza, the Innova is a bang for buck.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

S204 is the only Subie I like. :love:
But Evo 8 MR ftw!
Avanza is sold in other countries like Mexico as well. They are not just exclusive to our south east asia market. Same goes for Fortuner.

Ya latest one, k lat the spoiler. If we are talking about the NBR Challenge WRX Sti :biggrin:
Still prefer this over GC8. But then GC8 was the nicest among all before S206 was launched
to me.

Ya engine is a boxer engine. Toyota shud be more on design wise I suppose. But lots of
TRD parts for the Toyota Version
GC8 is nice but it resembles Corolla AE101 a lot. People out there would think that is just another Corolla. :rofl: The best GC8 is that 22B STI but that one is very limited.

Toyota had lots of TRD parts for the 86 but now Subaru is aiming even higher. Recently they planned to make a STI BRZ. That one would be awesome. I can't wait to see what is the spec of that STI BRZ. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Avanza is sold in other countries like Mexico as well. They are not just exclusive to our south east asia market. Same goes for Fortuner.

GC8 is nice but it resembles Corolla AE101 a lot. People out there would think that is just another Corolla. :rofl: The best GC8 is that 22B STI but that one is very limited.

Toyota had lots of TRD parts for the 86 but now Subaru is aiming even higher. Recently they planned to make a STI BRZ. That one would be awesome. I can't wait to see what is the spec of that STI BRZ. :biggrin:
GC8 is a nice car, seen 1 Putra convert to GC8 before :rofl:
Close resemblance to Putra more than the Corolla. 2 door type.

But GC8 till date is not cheap as well but affordable to some.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
GC8 is a nice car, seen 1 Putra convert to GC8 before :rofl:
Close resemblance to Putra more than the Corolla. 2 door type.

But GC8 till date is not cheap as well but affordable to some.
I think I've seen a pic of Putra GC8 before in ZTH. Really looks convincing but from the door handle, can tell it is not GC8 already.

Imagine, Putra is a rebadged Mirage Asti/Lancer Coupe and it is imitating a Subaru which is Mitsubishi's rival. Haha :rofl:

Price of GC8 is still not quite ok what... 50k or 40k something. Look at those NA EK Civics. They are priced quite close to the 4WD turbocharged GC8. Especially those EK hatch. Not ori EK9 also can be priced until almost 60k to 70k. Just a FWD Civic only... :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

2 days back my friend called to ask where to get cheaper 2din DVD player for his new ride, so I ask what car you bought now.......The 86.....wow! Same guy having the WRX STi and a Neo R3....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been using Titans on my corolla ae101 blacktop for about 6 months now and at first it was very choppy at med to high speeds (80-180) so went for a re-valve. Ride improved from 80-120 but still quite choppy at 130-180 (over dipping and rising road patterns in cyberjaya and Kesas from subang to klang). the faster i go, the choppier it gets. It's also bouncy at speeds up to 60 (e.g. certain roads like asbestos roof pattern). Above 60 the bounciness reduces.

So I am wondering if Titan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience