Official Gran Turismo 5 release date set for 24 November

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Fingers crossed, prayers said and all deeds with the devil signed, let’s hope this time around it isn’t pushed back yet again as a post on Playstation Blog has confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will be going on sale 24 November.

Sarcasm aside though, even we of little faith have some believe that this time it’s for real as Kazunori Yamauchi, the president of Polyphony Digital, has explained the delay in a statement that followed the posting, “Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program! When we created the original back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans.”

YouTube - GT5 Rebirth by KopparbergDave

“Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed,” he added.

Based on the leaked intro movie shown earlier, the man isn’t pulling a fast one in regards to the ‘wealth of driving experience’ part. Regardless, it looks like Christmas has come early for all you PlayStation 3 driving addicts.

Source: PlayStation Blog

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I hope this time it's for real, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. If it comes for real at that date then it's good, but if not then live still goes on for me. :D

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
some shops in hk are accepting pre-order now....well....they better made this game worth for what it took...or the angry fans will make GT series a history

drMpower

May 1, 2006
the list of tracks and cars are out

but strangely there are too many variants of the same cars i.e for example subarus got atleast 10-15 variants..

and too little of ferraris. and absolutely no porsche although we know EA holds the licensing for porsche..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the list of tracks and cars are out

but strangely there are too many variants of the same cars i.e for example subarus got atleast 10-15 variants..

and too little of ferraris. and absolutely no porsche although we know EA holds the licensing for porsche..
Hah, no Porsche at all? That's disappointing already! :( I thought earlier they have it, no?
How about Lamborghini & Koenigsegg?

drMpower

May 1, 2006
yeah. got a couple of RUFs. but those GT3s RSes are no no

atleast that what coming from forums.i'll give it a go nontheless

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RUF got bro. lambo and koenigsegg got :burnout:
yeah. got a couple of RUFs. but those GT3s RSes are no no

atleast that what coming from forums.i'll give it a go nontheless
Yea I know they got RUF for ages already, but still no real Porsches like Carrera GT, GT2, & GT3 is quite disappointing, especially after such big build up and years of delays. How come they managed to get Ferrari & Lambo but not Porsche? I thought Ferrari & Lambo also got tide up in some other licensing.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
just got my GT5 today and its great its finally here. game play is almost the same as GT4 with better layout n graphics...have to start earning licenses again n just got B-License and won couple of cups..if u haven't got the PS3, its time to get one for this game

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any bros know where got do proper spot welding of chassis (with bracing) and the pricing? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience