NSX replacement supposedly back on track

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Honda NSX replacement model that we all thought was taken behind the shed and shot between the eyes was actually just put into deep freeze due to the automotive sector's meltdown in 2008.

Now that the automotive world is firing on all cylinders again, the NSX replacement has been thawed out and is being readied to hit production again.

According to Motor trend, the project will now ride on a modified Accord platform that has been swapped front to rear. This eliminates one of the major stumbling blocks that caused it to be shelved back in 2008, development costs.

Motivation will come from a hybrid 3.5-liter V6 pushint out upwards of 400hp and will be mated to a proper manual driving all four wheels through a rear-biased SH-AWD (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive) setup.

Though it's nowhere near production ready and will probably take a while before anything concrete materialises, the reports indicate that a 2014 launch is on the cards.

Source: Motor Trend

Attachments

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Doesn't have the essence, the look and the feel of the original NSX.

kicap

Aug 18, 2004
Honda is putting too much on the exterior style to look better than LFA. I would say LFA has more clean looks.

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
People stop living in the past =) Learn to look at the future ...
This isn't about living in the past. It's about how and what we have known the NSX to be.

It's fine if they improve the engine, design and all. But the NSX will always be regarded as a legendary mid-engine sportscar to us purists. It's like what would you say if the AE86 replacement was made a FF instead?

Until today, whenever i see a NSX on the road, it never fails to get me excited. Same with the Supra:biggrin:

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
People stop living in the past =) Learn to look at the future ...
well, ntg much i can said, cuz different ppl different perception...
i totally agree wit et box

if u look at d development of gtr, mr2, evo... u can c their origin is there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All,

Planning to get some stuff from overseas and I was stuck as they ask which engine I'm using now. When I told them I'm having a Mitsu E2, they are not sure and ask me whether it's a 6 bolts and 7 bolts engine...????

So my questions, what is 6 bolts and 7 bolts? Which engine is using 6 bolts and which is using 7 bolts?

vr4, e1, e2, e3 - 6 bolts???
e4 and above - 7 bolts????

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience