Nissan Skyline V36 250GT - 5 Speed

Big E

Apr 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
shlee76,

Thanks for your feed back, It would've been a deal breaker if the V36 was not compatible with RON 95 petrol, as the 2005 Toyota Mark X.

Care to share where in KL can we get parts please?

We can take the matter off line if you're not comfortable about posting it here.

jaysquare

Oct 2, 2006
hi guys, just got this car as well yesterday. loving it so far. is there any facebook group for locals where we can discuss more about this car? cos have a ton of questions about the tv tuner, the HDD, whether we can update the software from japanese to english, cruise control, etc. or maybe we can start a whatsapp group or something. feel free to PM or whatsapp me at 0162325600

Big E

Apr 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi! Jaysquare,

Let me guess, if you're the lucky guy who got the Pearl White, full black leather interior with BOSE from Rupee in Seremban?

I am still waiting for my car to be registered as of today.

jaysquare

Oct 2, 2006
haha, yeap :-) that would be me... actually i poisoned my wife into getting the car. im driving an is250. once you get ur car lemme know. hehe

Big E

Apr 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
When I saw that car and absolutely loved it, but the sales guy told me he just sold it!!! Looks like you beaten me to it.

And you've got an IS250 too??? :adore:

I initially was targeting the IS, but prices remained on the high side.

What's your take on Skyline vs IS?

Hopefully can get my car today, or maybe tomorow. Then can :driver:

jaysquare

Oct 2, 2006
havent driven the car enough to compare the two but i feel the skyline is definitely sportier than the lexus, with more power being available especially at lower revs. maybe im a bit biased towards the lexus cos i prefer a more confortable ride and better quality interior. BTW theres no BOSE audi in the Skyline and the audio is quite horrible actually. but in terms of value for money def id take the Skyline over the Lexus. got your car yet?

Big E

Apr 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi!

Just got the V36 yesterday evening. Initial impression is smoothnes with more than ample power. NVH is superb compared to any of my previuos rides. It's got so many toys that I have not started exploring the car yet. My misus however, have it mostly figured out by now!

Love the music box feature, as my car came pre-loaded with a bunch of J-Pop songs, courtesy of the previous Japanese owner. If there's one thing I suspect would be the Skyline's achilles heel would be the front suspension bushes and ball joint, which would wear out more often then the other parts. It just doesn't feel as solid as it should be.

Thanks for sharing between the IS vs V36.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
shlee76,

Thanks for your feed back, It would've been a deal breaker if the V36 was not compatible with RON 95 petrol, as the 2005 Toyota Mark X.

Care to share where in KL can we get parts please?

We can take the matter off line if you're not comfortable about posting it here.
Who says Mark X is not compatible with RON95? :biggrin:
Many Mark X owners (including myself) have been using RON95, there's even some who already installed bolt-on supercharger kit and still running on RON95!

xiswell

Mar 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
guys..currently im interested in buying a v36 250gt recon....seriously this is the only thread i could find for malaysia users..
can someone please share their main problems with this car...spare parts availability or parts sharing with other cars....
before i commit myself...wont want a headache....
and hows the performance?

Big E

Apr 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
U6E5t,

My interest was first on the Mark X, you may not believe that now. However, a Mark X owner himself, and a great mechanic that I trust(same guy) told me so, that his Mark X requires RON97 to run smoothly. Hence I was steered towards the Nissan Skyline 250GT.

xiswell, there's a group of us V36 guys on whatsapp group. Please give me your hp no. and I can add you in to the group. The V36 shares most engine parts with the local Teana 2.5L and chasis/suspension parts with the Fairlady 350Z & Skyline coupe(non GT-R version). Parts are a plenty on e-bay and cheap too, but shipping cost is high. So far new service able parts are available locally, and there are enough local mechanics who can deal with the V36. I have only one advise for you, keep the car stock and it'll be trouble free, as adding on electronics is NOT recomended, due to it's sensitive electronic control.

Hope this helps.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience