NISSAN GTR R35 tyre problem :'(

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
This thread is really abuzz now Sean, and I, like the majority of forummers here are rather dumbfounded by your intention to downsize your wheels and brakes after reading your initial post and stating that "...a lot of research, now i know the power and history of the GTR" If you have researched enough you will find that NOBODY has downsized regardless of the make other than for circuit/motorsports purpose. Don't hold your breath trying to find a 285/85 R16 tyre with wheels to go with it...

Be it a Nissan OR Lambo, you will find that owners DO NOT downsize and replace smaller brake system in return of achieving cheaper maintenance. It just simply goes beyond our comprehension that the thought even crossed your mind and I am certain your brother will disown you if he found out. This brings about some discrepancy to your story told where you claim that you bought it from your brother that has migrated, but in your 2nd post you said that you are going to take care of it on his behalf???

But if your plight is sincere, then my advice to you is "if you have to ask the price, then most likely you can't afford it"

Last but not least, this is a Nissan forum whether you like it or not... so don't knock the brand and the enthusiastic owners that reside in this virtual community.

Last edited:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
Wow! This tread is growing. Amazing.
i guess we like to listen and answer to crap. GTR owner: If you can afford a gtr stick to the 20's or take vspec's offer on used tires. Don't come out guns blazing most of us are tired of thread crapping. You can be a genuine GTR owner and if you're seriously thinking of down sizing then just do it ppl like ATS will be glad to help

Dude regarding the valet parking , it matter of convenience rather then showing off. Grow up and be thankful of what you have

GTR eats Prancing horse,Raging bull for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Anytime!

Last edited:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
R35 with HKS800 kit must be a monster...
Condemn it will be a waste for the car lover like most of member in this forum...
Their comments might be harsh for you but please be bear in mind, we are here to help or advice...
Agreed, we unable to fully digest all the comments...
What you need to do is take it or leave it...
For me, do remain all stock condition as it, it will save you and others life...
Peace bro...:driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
fastest growing number of posting in ZtoH today.....downsizing rims....then became hot topic of the day.

Gtrmaniac - i got a suggestion - nothing to go against u...just suggest...

bring yr car to a tire shop and get them to bring out all the rims that have suitable offset and could fit into yr GTR and then u choose from there. REMEMBER to snap picture by picture the whole progress and post it here for sharing...i am sure everyone here are interested to know what GTR would look like with smaller rims and smaller tires because from what i know, GTR owner are not ordinary people who cares about their cost of tires, cost of insurance, cost of road tax (i am surprise u didnt ask how to minimize road tax - maybe changing to rb26dett into the GTR or so cost road tax cost a bomb too annually)...which is why ppl are doubtful bout it...

since ppl are asking - why not you follow suit public request....share with us, cos here are open forum, we share our passion in cars...so i don wanna write much....awaiting your interesting rim downgrading process sharing....happy sharing.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
After looking at gtrmaniac's response, I know what is wrong.

The problem isn't the tyres. The problem is in between
THIS

AND THIS

Once you get rid of the problem in between the items above, trust me your GTR will be absolutely dandy and smelling like candy.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
But that's not the GTR's problem... lol. He's saying the GTR got tyre problem.

Giggs83

Mar 14, 2006
KL
guys...LOL !!! this is just so fake man...look at the pictures...anyone notice anythg wrg? i think someone is just playing a prank here ...hmm....got nthg to do izit ???

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
fastest growing number of posting in ZtoH today.....downsizing rims....then became hot topic of the day.

Gtrmaniac - i got a suggestion - nothing to go against u...just suggest...

bring yr car to a tire shop and get them to bring out all the rims that have suitable offset and could fit into yr GTR and then u choose from there. REMEMBER to snap picture by picture the whole progress and post it here for sharing...i am sure everyone here are interested to know what GTR would look like with smaller rims and smaller tires because from what i know, GTR owner are not ordinary people who cares about their cost of tires, cost of insurance, cost of road tax (i am surprise u didnt ask how to minimize road tax - maybe changing to rb26dett into the GTR or so cost road tax cost a bomb too annually)...which is why ppl are doubtful bout it...

since ppl are asking - why not you follow suit public request....share with us, cos here are open forum, we share our passion in cars...so i don wanna write much....awaiting your interesting rim downgrading process sharing....happy sharing.....
Exactly, many big shop around Sunway. Hup Shun have rims from 14" to 20" and tyres to go with it...:driver:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
sean where r u. why u didnt contact me. im so sad when i woke up, the said gtr not im my porch. hmmm...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Need some help.
Anyone know where to spray engine rocker cover to become like those on Honda engines with black and rough surface?
Roughly how much will it cost and can it last with such high temperature from the engine?
Preferably location around Subang/Sunway/PJ area.
Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience