Nissan GTR Malaysia almost kills us VIDEO

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Where is the C99 Evo wira? Share link?
I used to see a teacher in my school driving a fully converted Evo 3 Wira (only rear lights din't convert but the rear trunk is converted already) with recaro seats and evo 3 original OZ rims. At the end, it seems that his car was stolen and now he replaced it with a Galant VR-4 (maybe not ori VR-4 la, I can't tell). Recently I manage to find the facebook account of that teacher and I saw pictures of his stolen Evo 3 Wira being found and retrieved. Everything is stolen. Only left the chassis, bumper swapped to evo 1/2 bumper instead of the original evo 3 bumper, steel rims (like those spare tyre rims). Even the door trim, dashboard, steering, evo 3 trunk cover and recaro seats are taken out too. Sad
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/411386-proton-wira-c99-converted-evo-3-a.html

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Very nice mod. Only the rear remains like wira. Usually people use the dashboard from evo 1,2 or 3 but this owner uses the newer dashboard from evo 4,5 or 6. It looks very clean too.

By the way, do you mind me asking? How much better and different is the C99 chassis compared to the chassis in Wira 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6?
all i know was the arb size different...and "maybe" some spot got extra weld ??

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Very nice mod. Only the rear remains like wira. Usually people use the dashboard from evo 1,2 or 3 but this owner uses the newer dashboard from evo 4,5 or 6. It looks very clean too.

By the way, do you mind me asking? How much better and different is the C99 chassis compared to the chassis in Wira 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6?
This one wait for our Passionate Hero Owner Izso to explain :rofl:
He loves the wira with C99 chassis a lot.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I also love the C99 chassis. From what I feel test drive and see (chassis) The welding on the C99 is different. 1.3 and 1.5 has the same chassis and welding but the C99 welding looks different welding area seems much stronger.

Above all, C99 chassis is the stiffest. Please correct me if I;m wrong.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Tom,

I'm sure we have seen worse and definitely this won't be the final word on reckless joyrides.

You might well be right that these guys may be just regular guys next door, but stupid is stupid....it doesn't differentiate race, creed, age or carreers.

Honestly, I'll be lying if myself and probably a lot of folks here would not secretly love to see some young guy total his GTR or his Ferrari, Porsche etc. in the middle of doing something stupid. I can appreciate a beautiful car as much as anyone else and equally respect a driver who show his class tastefully. But I'm completely apathetic towards stupid showboats.

You probably have a good idea of the guy(s) who made the video. I certainly don't wish them well. Couldn't care less if they kill themselves in the process. Just feel sorry for the poor innocent buggers they manage to injure/affect in this stupid deal of theirs.
for the record, I have no idea who those GTR guys are (yet)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I also love the C99 chassis. From what I feel test drive and see (chassis) The welding on the C99 is different. 1.3 and 1.5 has the same chassis and welding but the C99 welding looks different welding area seems much stronger.

Above all, C99 chassis is the stiffest. Please correct me if I;m wrong.
Of course, it can't win over the CD9A and CE9A chassis from Evo 1,2,3. But is it as good as the original Lancer MX(the one wira is based on) chassis? Or is it as good as the Lancer MR (the one with 4G92 MIVEC) or Lancer GSR (the one with 4G93T) chassis?

Not easy to get chassis info from the internet...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Of course, it can't win over the CD9A and CE9A chassis from Evo 1,2,3. But is it as good as the original Lancer MX(the one wira is based on) chassis? Or is it as good as the Lancer MR (the one with 4G92 MIVEC) or Lancer GSR (the one with 4G93T) chassis?

Not easy to get chassis info from the internet...
Going off tangent here but how much better is the c99 compared to the lower range Wira Chassis'? Very much better. More welding points, stiffer overall and much stronger. But ultimately it's a Proton so unfortunately it's prone to rust like any other Proton. Need to be careful never to buy a flooded C99 and if you do look very hard and long for rust spots.

Dey.. compare apple with apple la. Mitsu chassis isn't quite the same as the Wiras. There's no comparison at all. Those Lancers were designed to take the punishment from turbocharged engines so if you wanna talk about structural rigidity, the Mitsus were better. But since they are old cars I wouldn't know today if they were still as rock solid.

Anyway, back to topic la.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Going off tangent here but how much better is the c99 compared to the lower range Wira Chassis'? Very much better. More welding points, stiffer overall and much stronger. But ultimately it's a Proton so unfortunately it's prone to rust like any other Proton. Need to be careful never to buy a flooded C99 and if you do look very hard and long for rust spots.

Dey.. compare apple with apple la. Mitsu chassis isn't quite the same as the Wiras. There's no comparison at all. Those Lancers were designed to take the punishment from turbocharged engines so if you wanna talk about structural rigidity, the Mitsus were better. But since they are old cars I wouldn't know today if they were still as rock solid.

Anyway, back to topic la.
Thanks for the explanation for all of us here :biggrin:
Back to thread topic then.

bladerunner

500 RPM
Nov 8, 2006
What a farking bunch of irresponsible owners...

This goes to show that rempit and owners who owns a 300k have something in common

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Its funny.. only in Malaysia...no matter how much money a person paid for his car..he cant afford to replace his car's signal bulb :burnout:

Using bigger cars doesn't mean we have to be faster than smaller cars, we just need to have at least a brain as big as everybody else...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any bros know where got do proper spot welding of chassis (with bracing) and the pricing? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience