NGV or Superbike?

sidquee

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
To those who got experience on NGV & superbike, which are most efficient to the people who live far from work place. example house at bangi and office at melaka...

should i buy a ngv car? or should i buy a superbike...?:confused:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
for me.. touring bike such as ER6N/F.. or Versys 650.. or ninja250r.. do not buy cbr250.. this bike is crap..! kawa bike were very veryvery low maintenance + FC.. and easy to handled for beginner + ez to get spareparts .. u'll love it..trust me..! u will save time and energy alot

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

visit mbc = malaysian bikers community or SBM = superbike malaysia forum..

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
bikes are always be more efficient than cars. Easy to park, easy to navigate thru traffics etc.

what are you looking? fuel consumption? average time to get to destination?

i've owned few superbikes before and i can tell you bout bikes, but never drive an NGV car before.

sidquee

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks pengyu,
how about the maintainance for superbike?. how bout the safety for the bikers? i think car is more safety than bike rite? the fuel consumption should be more less than car for sure

JEBON

500 RPM
May 4, 2005
If u prefer safety as ur no 1 priority n after that is less fuel then car wit ngv or those hybrid car is ur answer.

If u want sumthing fast, easy n less hasle n maybe less fuel then sbk is ur answer.

If u already have car then buy sbk le.

sidquee

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
thanks jebon, already got car...maybe buy superbike...just dont have any experience in handling those sbk (maintainance, fuel, etc.)

Bar7MonsteR

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Putrajaya & UK
ngv car cost = pay toll, pay gas (KL Malacca RM6/way).got ngv station in ayer keroh and bangi ,lil bit fuel for starting,car maintenance as usual (ngv basicly minimal maintenance provided good installer/setting),cost to install ngv system (sequential/mixer)

sbk cost = the sbk itself, no toll, maintenance depends bike (er6/versys not too high maintenance since only 2 cylinder or maybe xj6 with 4 cylinder),need proper attire,hujan duduk bwh jambatan if no proper attire

hybrid = car price itself, maintenance same as other car but need ti buy new battery if kaput at least next 5 yrs, maybe 40% fuel saving from normal car.

superbike maybe? :)

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
recommended use bike neither superbike or touring bike for u.if trying escape from traffic jam. depends on u taste...if u feel riding bike is more comfortable u should buying motorcycle.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
superbike maintenance not that expensive. Engine oil cheaper than cars - but need to change frequently - at most every 5000km. Then, tires. this one depends on which tires u r using and for what purposes. If semi-slick tires for carving the mountain roads - i.e layan corner, then it is expensive because it will be done in less than 3 months if you frequently going to tracks and awana. But, go for touring tires, then u wont have any problems.

DOnt worry about bikes, its pretty simple maintenance and way cheaper than cars. But, bikes are always be bikes - 2 wheels compared to 4 wheels..so you already know the hazards.
But if you're only commuting, why dont you look for Maxi-Scooter, i.e Gilera Nexus 500cc,etc or maybe Sym Evo250i..thats a good commuter. Relax position and very good for long distance, but not as fast as superbike for sure.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u want travel weekly or daily???

if weekly then better go for ngv car since melaka got a few easy to reach ngv pump....

if daily then i think u can go for 600cc touring bike like versys,er6n,blade 650 naked,fj6 and like it......don't go for 250 since its not fast enough if u were rushing (especially when woke up late)......

also u can choose for easy rider like vulcan 500 or like that....

maxi scooter in long term is quite a headache especially on the transmission maintenance....furthermore it uses rubber cvt belt which mean it could be snapped anytime sooner after the mileage exceed....

and also all of that depends on how much money u allocated for maintenance....

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
If you're planning for long distance daily commute, get a touring bike (versys should be a good and reliable starter bike) and not a superbike. Sitting position is more comfortable for those long daily trips. With a windshield/visor you can easily cruise at 140kmh (mind you the versys can definitely go more than that).

The money you save on fuel and toll would pay for the installments if not supplement it. My car's full tank is easily RM 85 and takes me 450 - 480km before the next refuel. on my bike, i can get an average of 230 - 260km for RM 20 worth of fuel:biggrin:

Do the math, definitely more cost effective. But you're always at a higher risk on 2 wheels. Idiots changing lanes without looking, even potholes which only does harm to your rims on a car can send you flying on a bike. Come monsoon season, most times you'll be under a bridge or at a petrol kiosk. You can ride in the rain, just be sure to have rain gear:itsme:

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
superbike : anything above 250cc.
Superbike can range from touring bike, sportbike (R1,R6 etc).
For daily commute can go for versys, or maybe KTM Duke 690. Yes, its not a sportsbike that can go 300km/h, it can only go for 200km/h, at 180 km/h its already uncomfortable due to wind since it doesnt have proper windscreen, but its damn fun for town and good enough position for touring up to 180km/h.

Maxi scooter looks like a higher maintenance, but if i were to use it for daily commute, its quite good..better wind protection (rain as well since it's a scooter,so ur shoes not easily get wet). But, those maxi scooter are expensive, and yes the belting is the downside in scooters, but with any vehicle, with proper maintenance it wont be a problem. Even a chain drive bikes wont last long if you dont properly maintain it - like lubricating it now n then, and adjust the tension etc.

Anyway, yes ER6N/Versys is a good choice for commuting plus it has a large support in malaysia (all kawasaki is). But, if i were you, i will look for something different, not that ER6 is not a good bike, but its too common. I will totally recommend Duke 690.

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
Agreed :top: Kawi ftw! Cheap, great support and comfortable. Also agree that its almost as common as a proton amongst big bikes. But i dont recommend the duke though. Unless you can tolerate 200 km's of vibration daily.

On 6th gear gear at 140-150 kmh you'll be at 5.5k rpm (Strenuous? No?) fast enough i would think for commuting, red line's at 7k rpm (+-). But at speeds beyond 170kmh, you may experience wobble which can lead to tank slap. Not ideal for the few angin lintang stretches otw to M'cca. This is coz its light and pretty tall which is awesome for city riding. Torque is awesome! Easily pulls wheelies on 2nd/3rd if you want to. You wont like riding it on highways for long stretches. Along Karak and genting, you're king of the mountain!

A bit too OT already, apologies to the TS. Merely my 2 cents..:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wishing all our Tufoil supporters and fans a Happy and Prosperous New Year. For those who are travelling, we would like to wish them a silky smooth and enjoyable journey, high revs O.K. but traffic rules rule and it's important to make peace on the road. Happy Motoring.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience