ngk or ultra cable plug

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Nology is not thebest la.. its just hype.
independent test also proved there is no gain, and in some cars end up
losing hp.

malaysians are just too stuck up to believe otherwise. im sure after my post
many will come lashing out bla bla bla.

You have to understand how a plug cable works in order to know which will
be the best.

If you want my opinion, NGK is better than stock. Things to look for in plug cable is good silicon compound in the insulation. Don;t look for the thickness of the wire, coz that just increase electromagnetic interference. Thickness doesn't help, because conduction in plug cables happened not inside the wire, but instead it is happening by a phenomenon called surface effect. This is true for all high voltage high speed sparking.. A perfect analogy is the lightning striking the airplane's Faraday's cage. It conducts on the surface, thus the people inside is safe.

But sure, later jinkl and his bozo clowns troops will come and say otherwise.. u just waithaha

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
In my previous posting long time ago:

[NGK Power]
- Resistance below 1 ohm.
- Each cable has different in resistance (shorter cable has lower resistance).
- Cable's thickness is similar to stock. Good EMI suppression.

[Ultra Power]
- Resistance at 2.5k ohm.
- Each cable has same resistance thus deliver similar spark energy to each cylinder.
- Cable thickness is thicker than stock. Good EMI supression.

Never use China/Taiwan made plug cable. They used cheap but very thick (>8mm) insulation material that cannot supress the EMI from the spark. You will just end up driving with noise in your radio.

Power increase? Cannot feel so far :biggrin:

Last edited:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
any 1 try T.M.Works Plug cable before ?

T.M.WORKS

thanks for advised

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
If want to divide by class:

China made - Class F
OEM - Class D
NGK, TRD, Nismo, Mugen, BOSCH, Rally art, Mazda Speed, Sumitomo, and etc - Class C
Ultra, Splitfire, RE, JS, & Etc - Class B
Nology, and alot of US brand - Class A

But among the aftermarket plug cable and OEM plug cable, I also can't feel any differential too...
Maybe just a litttttttttttttttttttttttttlllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit only kua...

Last edited:

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
so bad,.. the TM works not in the class also ... hahahahha

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think lets focus back to thread starters question. I believe stock plug cable should be sufficient for stock engine. Unless, if you've changed to better spark plugs (iridiums), I don't see any reason for changing the plug cables... unless you are going for a cosmetic gain. Regardless, both aftermarket plug cables are made of silicon, which should outlast your stock cords in terms of durability. Performance wise, you wouldn't feel any difference between the two ;)

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Why waste money on colored cables when you can buy parts that actually work better :rolleyes: ?

Think about it this way:

Your engine is a cigarette, your spark plug cables is a lighter.

You now want to smoke an udang garam cig but use ZIPPO lighter, it still does the same funtion as a 7-11 one but no difference :biggrin:

Should change the cigs first, THEN the lighter as a finishing touch :driver:

Hahaha I suggest save the $$ and buy some other mod that you can actually feel...

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i'm using sun auto's inazma, any ppl know this brand?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
i'm using sun auto's inazma, any ppl know this brand?
that is Nology la...
Nology is under Sun Auto le....

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Why waste money on colored cables when you can buy parts that actually work better :rolleyes: ?

Think about it this way:

You now want to smoke an udang garam cig but use ZIPPO lighter, it still does the same funtion as a 7-11 one but no difference :biggrin:

Hahaha I suggest save the $$ and buy some other mod that you can actually feel...
aiyo.. said until no value of aftermarket plug cable...
There have some increasing and use too man or else they will never develop such an useless item la... But increasing won't be that much also.:rofl:

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009

Think about it this way:

Walao eh sifu, it really make sense when you talk about cigar & zippo...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Big fire of zippo but gudang garam burning slowly...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway, i think if better spark plug plus better cable should do more mileage & save fuel~ Not gain more power.. :biggrin::biggrin:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Actually, most of the branded after market maker claim that their plug cable can deliver stronger spark at the spark plug compare to stock's. They can even show it on their demo. However, does it improve hp? Theorithically, yes. Practically... some was able confirm it by dyno chart which is, only very very small increase in %. If your are running a high hp engine, small % can become a 5hp. But if you are running SVT/BT, then small % can be "ignoring figure" from sciencetific calculation point of view :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello,everybody....i have a civic eg with b16a auto gearbox.
i want to change to manual gearbox.
my question is,,,is the auto driveshaft same with the manual one?
please,can anybody provide me information..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience