NGK iridiums

zephuros

Known Member
Apr 16, 2004
Malaysia
Hey dudes,

just a quick check with you all.. anyone here tried to use NGK IRITOP on your RB20DET or not? I just wanna know what you guys have tried on your RBs and what works and what doesn't... My PFRs are dead. Need to change asap.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
heh heheheh......whatever it is DO NOT USE HKS PLUGS!!! bought mine new and now one has shorted!!!!!.........in under 2 months

HKS plugs do give significant improvement but at the they are shorting out I think I'd rather settle for something less powerfull.

Denso has the equivalent ratings but cannot remember the numbers.........

now running on 5 HKS and one TRD :P

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
devious kor kor..ur HKS beli berapa? :D gua pon mau la...

Regards;

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
JUN, HKS plug to small for you laaa......You need dildo!

okay,you can have my HKS for RM100 for 5!! yes 5! amacam? Going Denso after this.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Oi devious, you bought the ciplak HKS 'made in taiwan' plugs is it? Mine in there for 2 years liao still error free leh hehehehe... HKS plugs are made by Denso anyway...

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
MrNismo,if the HKS plug which came from Eneos made in Taiwan I am going to sue till their grandchildren will be paying for it. :lol:

eh! your's in there for two year but only on the road for two days maaaa........I am everyday on the road leeeh! boost! boost! 5 cylinder liao! :huh:

HKS got 'chung for' meeh?! :blink:

Even Ah Wai told me many of his customers cars with HKS kaput plug! At first I thought he was just kidding untill it happened to me. :ph34r:

So now lelong! 5 HKS + 1 TRD = RM100. :)

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
maybe not for RB kua

for SR maybe good

devious.. can i try on my GA16DE ?
if work i take it la.

plug what no ?
and plug gap ?

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
Originally posted by devious17@Aug 9 2004, 03:20 PM
JUN, HKS plug to small for you laaa......You need dildo!

okay,you can have my HKS for RM100 for 5!! yes 5! amacam? Going Denso after this.
wah confirm ka? but u said HKS oso kaputed wor..still RM100 meh? :P i no 6 potty la. me 4 potter oni..no need spare oso :lol: wat's de plug no? and gap oso? for wat car u know lah :rolleyes:

Regards;

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I can't remember the gapings and heat range but its' a cold plug laaa

JUN,basket where to get rm25 HKS plug laaaa? keep the other2 for spare laaa

cmng,I have to wait for JUN first hoor? If the fella FFK then I give it to you loo,okay?

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
wei u serious one ah? :lol: i tot u joking only ler :P RM100 izzit? wait la i get my salary this week. shud be no probs. RM100 for 5 hks rite? de trd i free give u back la :lol: u bought new or took from somewhere? dunno ngam me 4 potty or not la. how? can check/confirm with me ar?

Regards;

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Devious,

The plugs could be tampered already before you bought them lar. Mine is in there for 10,000km or more still ok wat. Which HKS plug you're using by the way? The normal one or the Pro one? What heat range? The plugs might be overheating before they gone kaput... Malaysian weather mah... maybe removing the plug cover helps?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
yea..

Devious17
I need heat 8 at least

gap nevermind.. can gap myself

yah.. what HKS model ?

deejay

Feb 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Zephuros, I'm using NGK IRI SERIES IRIWAY No.7 Spark Plug on my rb20 now costs me Rm60 for 1pc. Respond to my engine is very good but I do not know wether did this spark plug effect my engine problem such as high fuel comsumption and sometimes my idling is very unstabil. So I haven't clarify wether does this problem occurs because of my plugs or not. Anyway this is all I know about it and hope this infos can help u out.

sunnyboy

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
devious, are u sure HKS plug kaput so fast? I'll check....thought HKS stuff good?

zephuros

Known Member
Apr 16, 2004
Malaysia
Deejay,

thanks man. Got them already. I went for the Iritops... Iritop 7 to be exact. I think the Iriway is a BKR equivalent.... The Iritops are definitely BCPR equivalent. Anyway i am so broke now after getting them - had to get 8 since they came in boxes of 4! installed already. Frankly i can feel no real difference except that i know they should (theoretically) last me a long long time!

Thanks anyway... So now i got 2 more Iritops for sale! Anyone want? Any other RB owners? I got 2, so go buy another box of 4 and that will be perfect! haha!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

many place write :
****** HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available.
HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. ...

and this things are selling nearly RM1000 (ONE THOUSAND)....
nearly the price of 5 (FIVE) sets of very expensive plug cables!!

but.. why it sold so expensive?

lets look at what it is :
it just like a simple plug wire
but with one capacitor inside.
(the extra wire is to conect to metal part to complete the capacitor...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience