Next generation Scooby returns to 2.0-liter turbo boxer

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Motor Trend magazine reported a spokesperson from Subaru in America confirmed that the next generation WRX will return to the 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer engine.

Subaru would be turbocharging the FA20 unit found in the Subaru BRZ with a targeted output of 270bhp.

The FA20 engine, which in naturally aspirated form produces 200-horses and 205Nm (151 lb-ft) of peak torque, is more compact than the 2.0-liter boxer from the FB family of engines used on current Impreza and Forester models, while it also benefits from Toyota’s “D-4S” direct injection and port injection technology.

Although the current 2.5-liter turbocharged boxer unit delivers 265bhp in the WRX and 305bhp in the STI, it is believed that the decision to return to the smaller displacement was due to fuel economy and tight emission regulations.

The Subaru rep also said that the next WRX and STI models will be further differentiated from the Impreza series, though it is believed that both will be based on the same platform.

Source: Motor Trend

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
sorry, do u have the link to the original write-up in motor trend. i do believe a reference to the original article is only proper for this news brief, so that it doesn't look like plagiarism.

also:

BREAKING: Subaru BRZ coming to Malaysia next year!

pour scooby fans :)

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Dear Kevin Lee,

maybe you should call up The Star and complain to their Editor for not providing a link to Bernama's story when they published THIS article at The Star Online.

do remember that they are in the journalism business longer than you have been building cars or taking professional examinations or whatever reason that you have in trying to act like a journalist when your own ethics are wanting.

by the way, my chief editor was a very senior journalist with more than 10 years of experience from Bernama and i know what i am doing. the problem is... do you?

however, just to make sure you don't cry in some dark closet for shooting yourself in the foot and looking really dumb for lecturing me about plagiarism, i will add the link to the motor trend page after this post.

have a nice weekend, and while you seem to have a lot of free time, i believe many people are more interested to know what is going on with your project. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Pardon my ignorance, but what does subaru mean by "going back to 2.0L turbo boxer"? I thought they were using the boxer engine all along with 2 variants - the 2.0 and 2.5?

:hmmmm:

Sorry if I sound stupid. I really don't know hence I ask.

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
As far as i know, all these while, the EJ20 was for the Asia Pacific market while the EJ25 was for the American market, am i right?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Dear Kevin Lee,

maybe you should call up The Star and complain to their Editor for not providing a link to Bernama's story when they published THIS article at The Star Online.

do remember that they are in the journalism business longer than you have been building cars or taking professional examinations or whatever reason that you have in trying to act like a journalist when your own ethics are wanting.

by the way, my chief editor was a very senior journalist with more than 10 years of experience from Bernama and i know what i am doing. the problem is... do you?

however, just to make sure you don't cry in some dark closet for shooting yourself in the foot and looking really dumb for lecturing me about plagiarism, i will add the link to the motor trend page after this post.

have a nice weekend, and while you seem to have a lot of free time, i believe many people are more interested to know what is going on with your project. :biggrin:
Umm, I'm only giving a suggestion, nothing wrong with that right? Why do I need to know whom did you work for? I didn't asked for that right? Don't really want to know who your boss is la, he is not paying me also. Haiyo, I'm only human, like the pantun:

Buah cempedak di luar pagar,
Ambil galah tolong jolokkan;
Saya budak baru belajar,
Kalau salah tolong tunjukkan.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Thanks for the news!
And why Kevin Lee so uptight ...relax!
Well, it is a good news la, I mean, he's doing his best to contribute, but I was only suggesting what is right to do. It was only constructive help to be given to someone. That's me trying to be helpful :)

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Pardon my ignorance, but what does subaru mean by "going back to 2.0L turbo boxer"? I thought they were using the boxer engine all along with 2 variants - the 2.0 and 2.5?

outside of japan versions, namely usa and uk are using the 2.5 intead of the 2.0. the 2.0 has always been for the jdm market.

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Umm, I'm only giving a suggestion, nothing wrong with that right?
sorry, do u have the link to the original write-up in motor trend. i do believe a reference to the original article is only proper for this news brief, so that it doesn't look like plagiarism.
sounded more like an attempt to... oh well...

Why do I need to know whom did you work for? I didn't asked for that right? Don't really want to know who your boss is la, he is not paying me also.
because i don't have a professional cert... and i feel small... so i need to hide behind companies and ex-bosses... :listen:

dragger_drifter

Nov 24, 2005
Chill dude..Jgn gado2 la. We're here like one big family in a famous and glamour community called ZTH. Everyone can share, give an opinion, suggestion and etc...No matter who you are, where you're from, or what you do, if you know better then share with us. Peace and have a nice day...:biggrin:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Shxt.. current scooby price will drop like domino... but if the price is right, i also wanna get 1.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Just saw this car today in Bangsar with Singapore plates..Its a real beauty alright :biggrin:
pictures or it didn't happen and you were smoking some potent stuff

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

Izso, I think they refer to "Engine Firing Order". If I not mistaken, the current engine firing order same as Evo Engine 1-3-4-2 & the old boxer engine are 1-3-2-4. That why current & old engine sound a lot off diff.. most people prefer old engine sound but a lot people said engine sound diff due to twins scroll turbo, where actually it's not true..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifu,

After I install the central locking, my door lamp function when door open. Door lamp cannot function when i switch on... central lock is ok... Do my wiring got problem? because 4 wire i only use and 1 white wire no use...

please help me.. dear sifu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience