Newbie Mivec 1.8

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Goodday sifus & ZTH netizens...

I'm a newbie..even not sure where should i introduce myself in ZTH..if i have mistakenly posted my queries at the wrong section...i am terribly sorry...so crossing my fingers here...

Hoping to received enlightenment on how to better off my ride...specs:

Mivec 1.6 head with a 1.8 gsr block
275cc injectors
K&N open port air filter..
sard fuel regulator
walbro fuel pump
PnP head
Adj. Cam Pulley
2.2 piping with straight end
1.5 lsd gearbox
standard mivec ecu...

My questions would be:

a. What are the relevance of placing in a high impedance injectors..say 390cc to a mivec 1.8..does the standard ecu support the output??..if it does...is it safe??..

b. Currently have a small budget around 2k to obtain piggyback...thinking of getting e-manage...some say, go for bling2, meaning safc or apexi neo..still in a dilemma...any suggestions?

c. A friend recommended me to install apexi super ignition timing control (SITC)...barang + labor around RM600..is it worth it?...can i couple together piggybacks and SITC?...or is it redundant?...

pardon me if some of the questions have been already discussed before...still learning to find my way in to this website...TQ...

cheers... :)

ariolz

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
err im not a sifu so dont take my answer seriously :biggrin:

A. maybe if with proper tuning. malaysia boleh!

B. get a piggyback better then those safc or neo. piggyback can do much more then them.

C. sorry no answer from me. ill like to know too! :biggrin:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Your can put "chip" in your ecu. Rm300
Your can go get a set of hi cams. RM2000+++
Your can fix e-manage.... then no need sitc... (emanage also can control ignition timing) Rm1200+200 (tuning)..
Your 2K...
Tq

P/s chip will up the rpm cut
will remove speed cut
will add fuel and ignition

I say chip + emanage blue...

Then got more money cams.... becos if got cam but no management then susah lah....
If got e-manage good but cannot solve speed cut or rev cut the proper way...
OK?
BTW... your ecu code or number?

Last edited:

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
Sifu E-Tech..

Yes sir, i've heard about the re-chipped ecu...btw..my ECU code is 7035 (standard blacktop code i guess)..so i'll not consider the injector and the sitc..

as a conclusion, the best way to spend rm2k and to get whole package:

a. Get the e-manage blue
+
b. Re-chipped the ecu

btw, its easy to get emanage...do you have a good place for me to get my ecu rechipped?...and also contemplating on the high cam...does 272 degree sounds so ridiculous for daily driving??..TQ..

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
y dont u get a standalone ECU rather than piggyback?
Sifu Danz,

Earlier i was saving up for standalone...Haltech Platinum Sprint 500 to be exact...barang + install + realtime tuning = RM3800...but was called off due to over budget for my sunroof project hehehe...the roof job set me back around 1500++...tats y im left with RM2k for engine management...

Got no choice with that kind of budget...but still scouting around for 2nd hand Microtech LT8 though...hehe

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Sifu E-Tech..

Yes sir, i've heard about the re-chipped ecu...btw..my ECU code is 7035 (standard blacktop code i guess)..so i'll not consider the injector and the sitc..

as a conclusion, the best way to spend rm2k and to get whole package:

a. Get the e-manage blue
+
b. Re-chipped the ecu

btw, its easy to get emanage...do you have a good place for me to get my ecu rechipped?...and also contemplating on the high cam...does 272 degree sounds so ridiculous for daily driving??..TQ..

A good place? Me also can do it...:biggrin:
272 with good tuning can be driveable also..mivec mah... some cams below mivec rpm
still very drive able...

Attachments

Last edited:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
Hello Mr Sapeqlaa. I'm not mivec sifu but i think mivec 2nd profile is higher than 272 degree. So i think if u wanna plonk in high cam for mivec, the camshaft spec that available in the market now is only 30+ degree. correct me if im wrong.

Btw Mr E-Tech, ur chip is custom to engine spec? looks delicious.

Last edited:

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
A good place? Me also can do it...:biggrin:
272 with good tuning can be driveable also..mivec mah... some cams below mivec rpm
still very drive able...
Sifu E-Tech..

Where u at?...Johor?...r u doing emanage as well??...thinking of doing it one shot..rather than having it separately...

Or do you have any standalone good deals??hehehe...

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Hello Mr Sapeqlaa. I'm not mivec sifu but i think mivec 2nd profile is higher than 272 degree. So i think if u wanna plonk in high cam for mivec, the camshaft spec that available in the market now is only 30+ degree. correct me if im wrong.

opps...my bad, 2nd profile intake around 288 degree...fuiih...no wonder in stock form it really goes...hehe..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
haha. thts why bro. mivec 2nd profile , intake 288 end exhaust 300. very powerful already. if want something hardcore, go for jun type 2. hehe.

bro maybe if u want a good piggy, u can try emanage ultimate. more tuning points than blue. just my 2cents. stand to be corrected.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
haha. thts why bro. mivec 2nd profile , intake 288 end exhaust 300. very powerful already. if want something hardcore, go for jun type 2. hehe.

bro maybe if u want a good piggy, u can try emanage ultimate. more tuning points than blue. just my 2cents. stand to be corrected.
True.. but utimately more expensive....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Yes for certain engine set up BUT not Custom tuning...
e,g mivec chip- for those with 1.8 block and ETC...

Last edited:

Sapeqlaa

Nov 18, 2009
Ipoh
True.. but utimately more expensive....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Yes for certain engine set up BUT not Custom tuning...
e,g mivec chip- for those with 1.8 block and ETC...
Sifoo Joe: That's the thing with ultimate...too expensive..top up a bit, can negotiate with a intermediate standalone already...btw, thanx for replying the post...

Sifoo Etech: Really interested with the ecu rechipped...is there any way for me to set up an appointment with u??

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Sifoo Joe: That's the thing with ultimate...too expensive..top up a bit, can negotiate with a intermediate standalone already...btw, thanx for replying the post...

Sifoo Etech: Really interested with the ecu rechipped...is there any way for me to set up an appointment with u??
Bro
u r in Ipoh?
Trust me? Post to me lor..
Tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience