Newbie here-- How and where to find the windows?

adryan

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
Dear all bros,

Good day! This is adryan here, i have just recently bought a unit of Auto MR2 from a member (Andy) last week. Year 1991/95. well, the car condition was fine, but there are few problems i need to resolve...

Problem:
1. Windows (Driver side)- when i wanna to drill down my windows, it will suddenly goes down very fast then slow down a bit.
2. Windows glass- there are a lot of scratches on the glass, thinking of changing it.
3. Side mirror- the side mirror still can function in terms of folding in and out, but the mirror itself i cant adjust internally. The mechanism is Kong case already...
4. Doors: when raining at that time is my headache part..water leaking at the windows corner, i tried to put some rubber (tubes) there but still can prevent this happen.

I was quoted for 2 doors at RM500 + labor RM100 for fix my windows, but the problem is i only need 1 door. Will this price is reasonable? Any one have contact for that? Thanks...

Hope to hear from the members here..thanks a lot.
u can call me at 012 665 3532 adryan.. thanks

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

anyone can help? thanks

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Adryan, did you buy a red MR2 number XXX5712 or something? Just a coincidence I saw this car.

Changing doors will not fix your leaking problem, you need to change the rubber seal, Toyota costs RM600 a side.

On the mirror, you need to have it checked out. Could be wiring, 20 years is a long time...

To fix your windiws at RM100, could be lower if you know the guy but guess it's reasonable if it is a big problem eg motor but could be just need oiling. Contact Mickey or Alvin (nick Tom's), they know everything and all d members. Another way is to come out for Teh Tarik sessions on Friday and meet the gang....There is a MR2 drive to Malacca this Sunday if you are interested. Check out facebook serach for MR2/MRS club

Last edited:

adryan

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
Adryan, did you buy a red MR2 number XXX5712 or something? Just a coincidence I saw this car.

Changing doors will not fix your leaking problem, you need to change the rubber seal, Toyota costs RM600 a side.

On the mirror, you need to have it checked out. Could be wiring, 20 years is a long time...

To fix your windiws at RM100, could be lower if you know the guy but guess it's reasonable if it is a big problem eg motor but could be just need oiling. Contact Mickey or Alvin (nick Tom's), they know everything and all d members. Another way is to come out for Teh Tarik sessions on Friday and meet the gang....There is a MR2 drive to Malacca this Sunday if you are interested. Check out facebook serach for MR2/MRS club
Nope bro..different number :) i think u saw the different car :p

yup i will try to come out for TT session :) well, i was in melaka last weekend..when i was on my way i met 1 MR2 owner as well, he is staying in puchong :) from muar...

my windows already gao dim :) changed the mechanism and windows it self.. leaking problem i also almost solved. :p using a tube and cut it to a smaller pieces...and put it there ...this is the previous owner teach me one.. :)

can i post my items for sales in Facebook? i got few items wanted to sell..but not sure where to sell also...because ZTH is freaking slow ... :)

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
i was in melaka last weekend..when i was on my way i met 1 MR2 owner as well, he is staying in puchong :) from muar...
Mr.overhaul xxx6168 right??:biggrin:

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Nope bro..different number :) i think u saw the different car :p

yup i will try to come out for TT session :) well, i was in melaka last weekend..when i was on my way i met 1 MR2 owner as well, he is staying in puchong :) from muar...

my windows already gao dim :) changed the mechanism and windows it self.. leaking problem i also almost solved. :p using a tube and cut it to a smaller pieces...and put it there ...this is the previous owner teach me one.. :)

can i post my items for sales in Facebook? i got few items wanted to sell..but not sure where to sell also...because ZTH is freaking slow ... :)
You can post it here, if mr2 stuff sure can sell fast...hehe

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
damn la...wei,u want to sell ur car ar?why u post it in mudah?
damn blur lo wei...why cannot post in mudah??hahaha....:biggrin:
okok..u sell urs and buy my 1 and i buy soff 1 and soff buy ur 1 ok??:biggrin:

graham_flag

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
yo guys
i havent got time to dissect my door trim
can anyone tell me the window regulator; is it cable type(like wira) or gear type(teeth-motor)?

adryan

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
dear all,

my door and windows solved.. hehe..change to new mirror and mechanism and adjust a bit abit then solve a lot of problem..regards the water leaking,,im using a small rubber to block it now..hehe...

thanks for all the PMs...

well, anyone interested to get a pair of doors? im selling it,,,is 94spec doors..
items included:
1. 2 pcs of doors with side mirror,
2. 2 pcs of mirrors,
3. 1 set of mirror mechanism (passenger side), because driver side i took out already
4. Left and right hand mirror controller...

bear in mind, this is not those side mirror reflector controller one.. :)

thanks..

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

im selling off few others part soon...2 months old HWL suspension..anyone interseted?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While the Nissan Skyline V36 might only share its name with the GT-R version that ensured we remembered the name ‘Godzilla’ as a track-whipping agent and not some nuclear-waste mutated monster that dined on skyscrapers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience