New VS Used ECU

Orca7015

Known Member
Jul 18, 2009
Dear Sifus,

Im a newbie here, am getting my S15 next week, really excited to join the silvia family..
After getting my ride, I plan to get a power FC & HKS Boost controller (as suggested by the tuner)
but the price for these two items is quite expensive. So I need you all expert suggestion, izzit safe to buy a used unit to use? I've asked around, the price different between new & used unit is around 40%. Anyone has bought a used unit before? izzit recommended? Pls advice.. TQ

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Electronic items don't suffer from the same wear and tear that mechanical parts are subject to. However, if I were buying used from either a shop or an individual, I'd want to make sure that the ECU works perfectly before committing to it.

There are significant cost savings buying used but it comes at the expense of warranties and guarantees foregone.

Orca7015

Known Member
Jul 18, 2009
OIC.. yes, it does help to save a lot of money.. nowaday every cents oso count.. Thanks for sharing!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The recent 8.9-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami that struck north eastern Japan on March 11 has resulted in the temporary suspension of operations at some of the world’s largest auto manufacturers.

UMW Toyota Motor is reassuring its local public and customers that there will be no interruption in the supply of Toyota and Lexus models sold locally by the company. All branches will continue receiving...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience