New to Kenari...Need help with engine

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Hi All Kenari/Perodua Sifus,

I just gotten myself a 2000 kenari auto, this is just for city use for my retired dad. I've changed a few things like bushings, mountings, radiator, brake pump etc... but now after using the car for a few months, I noticed that the engine is making more noises and starting to eat black oil (1 week once top up, drop to abt quarter within a week or two).

There have been some mechanics advising me to change the engine rather than the 3 cylinder to 4 cylinder for better petrol consumption. So what would you advise me to get? I've googled and have seen so many different engines, some with the lever next to the steering which I'd rather at the bottom.

Preferably:
engine kosong
4 cylinder Auto
1.0CC
-to only change the ECU and engine.
-spare parts easily obtainable.

Also pls let me know if I'll have to change anything else with this process and roughly how much it'll cost.

Thanks in advance! :driver:

Last edited:

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
hi there, was kelisa "original" engine user for 6 years.

It seems like the engine need to overhaul after wear and tear (nromally around 200k km) or previous bad service record by previous owner.

The overhaul will cost you around RM2k perhaps. If you willing to come out with more budget and non-turbo engine, then normal myvi engine will do - K3-VE, which cost you areound RM5k with installation.

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Thanks all! Decided just to overhaul. Removed rocker cover and found that the previous mech cut the baffle plate off totally to replace the plug seal but never installed it back!! No wonder oil kept coming out from the rocker cover. I installed a oil catch tank and found that it was full of oil after 1 1/2 weeks.

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Check it out, it this quote ok for a full engine overhaul?

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s quite a big deal to get your allocation of the limited-run Lexus LFA so when Lexus UK received theirs; they celebrated in proper petrolhead style. Most dealers would have given the supercar a good wash and wax before setting up in a showroom for people to drool over but not the Lexus boys in the UK.

They brought it out to the Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds to stretch its muscles and have a little...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience