NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

pciericagp

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Proton Saga 1.3 BLM actually improved a lot if compare to previous Proton Wira 1.5 auto. Stronger chassis, better suspension, better fuel consumption (about 11km/L) for 1,070kg car. No major issues so far for my brother car, current mileage = 6k.

Just one thing I don like, the headrest of front seat. No so comfort. The rest all was ok. Don compare with Myvi. Myvi only engine and gearbox was japanese, the rest still local parts like proton car caused supplier same. Myvi rear boot very small, not comfort when cruising on highway, chassis weak, FC not so impressive, bigger possibility roll over when lost control. Compare to Myvi tyres and BLM tyres, BLM M-Line was using 185/60/R14 while Myvi Full Spec was 175/65/R14.

I'm not pro with proton, my comment based on testing for 2 cars when my brother want to purchase.

For those who always balik kampung, SAGA BLM was the cheapest and safer solution to you cause stable when 110km/h ~ 120km/h.

Jul 27, 2009
Pulau Pinang
Thanks for your opinion... I've got my SAGA in RED 1.6MT Taxi Spec.... :rofl:
FC, can consider ok, aounrd RM0.12~RM0.17...
Really like the car... I'm planning to go for whole car insulation/sound proof... :biggrin::proud:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Thanks for your opinion... I've got my SAGA in RED 1.6MT Taxi Spec.... :rofl:
FC, can consider ok, aounrd RM0.12~RM0.17...
Really like the car... I'm planning to go for whole car insulation/sound proof... :biggrin::proud:
How much u get ur 1.6 MT ?
What is the latest FC, can share?

Dec 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hello, can anybody help me about the installation of ignition booster (D1 spec VSD IV) for saga BLM 1.3 campro??

Last edited:

jon_fnd

Known Member
Jan 1, 2009
salam

i have saga blm 1.3A. so underpower , ithink to tranplan to other engine. any idea what engine can put at saga.

Jun 2, 2006
any suggestion on how to increase BLM performance (pick up @ top speed) without doing any engine modification (turbo etc)..?

i'm new user n dunno much regarding engine wise..

btw i'm driving saga BLM SE..

pls guide me.. :)

May 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Saga is a reliable car and reasonably priced for its range. It comes with std package of 175,000km or 5years warranty. So far there is no major cases of breakdown or defects. I don deny there are some minor concerns which i believe most cars do have it, but it will subside once rectified by the svc ctr.

After sales service: as long as you maintained yr car with proton's periodical service interval, its all under warranty. the service interval are 1000km, 5000km and 10,000km (with free labor charge) then followed by every 10,000km service. The recommended engine oil is mineral based 20-50w and it does not cost more than rm100 for normal lube change, major service is every 20,000km and the cost is around rm150 to rm250. overall you saved half of the service cost with every 10,000km service instead of the norm of every 5000km.

to add on to it, the saga runs on lotus tuned suspension and it has great handling and comfort too. the FC has improved with proper tuning whenever you send in for service. The power to weight ratio is sufficient for the size. latest model comes with tinting and immobilizer key for added comfort and safety. Hope this could clear your doubt in purchasing our national pride.
cheerz

Bump: the 3rd pair of seat belt is underneath the seat, you may get our svc ctr to pull it out or u can try pull it from under the seat.
Dear Bump,

As you said after the first three services, comes to the fourth service which needed the labour charge the service charge will not over RM250? I just went to EON service centre, they said the standard service for fourth service will more than RM500. Including changing engine oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, spark plug, and etc...

They refuse to give me the price and parts that needed to be change, as they said the price will print out when comes to invoice, the times is after we done service and the payment time.

Do you know the pricing and parts which need to be change at fourth service?

Regards,

Stanley

fatbusterd

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
klang n brunei
u BLM owners ..if u wanna make it faster or wat eve...my fren is smart pomen with campro...
wazi motor proton servis kemuning....

he did a blm drag car..n its damn nice..stndrd modified but its fast..

Mar 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all..
Im a BLm owner..been driving this BLm for 1 and half year..So far so good..

3 months ago i decided to change the rim and the spring...

i go for ssr type c 16' metal gun kaler..
GAB sport spring
UR strur bar

next i want to upgrade the exhaust system..

what is the right/suitable diameter size for the piping? i heard that the standard diameter for standard blm is 1.6, izit?

lamboqs

Feb 4, 2009
www.protonclub.com
i'm happily drive my BLM for 2 years now.. no major problems happened.. only :-

1. just last year, i had change my rear left brake drum 'cause of braking failure (brek lekat).. FOC under warranty.. after few weeks, i feel something wrong about the drum again.. it shaking 'cause of poor assembling of that part.. solution solved when the mechanic just tighten the drum.. few weeks after, problem come again at the same drum when i heard some humming sound when driving.. duh, bring my car again to SC, and change drum bearing.. cost about 180 for part + workmanship..

2. what else, oh yes.. the gear knob.. the gearknob button just pop-up last month.. the clips are snap off.. just change it at SC and it's FOC..

3. clicking sound appears.. normal IAFM problems occured after 2 years.. lucky or not? been modify by the mechanic at SC and the sound is gone.. they told me, if the sound appear again, is it time to change your IAFM.. hopefully at that time the warranty is still available..

now, my car just pass through 70,000km.. quite worry, waiting to reach 80,000km.. must spend more cash to change ATF & timing belt..

hehe.. by the way, still love my car.. it perform better then my wife's 2005 Gen-2..

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2008
any suggestion on how to increase BLM performance (pick up @ top speed) without doing any engine modification (turbo etc)..?

i'm new user n dunno much regarding engine wise..

btw i'm driving saga BLM SE..

pls guide me.. :)
i'm using 1.3A saga blm. at first the pickup for saga blm is really noticeable. also the auto transmission not smooth. all I did was install voltage stabilizer and use X1R. everything solved. pickup also quite nice. :biggrin:

whats more noticeable is the gear changing much smoother compare before install voltage stabilizer. this is for auto though. no more high ramming before it changes gear. not sure the same effect for manual trans. :driver:

blm owner also may notice side roll pretty bad when cornering. for this I install front 2point ultra racing strut bar. cornering more sturdy. only very curvy cornering can feel.

also, for the light weightness, i dont know is this a coincidence or what. i installed sub-woofer behind and the car become much more stable at high speed. last time 140kmj already feel shaky, now can drive 140 with confident. less bumpy feeling maybe because of heavier rear. others..standard. :proud:

all above does not affect warranty though. been servicing at proton sc and made few waranty claims.

problems since bought:
1) rear brake pump leaking (together with bearing change)
2) power window switch

FC also quite good. made trip from Kajang-Kuantan-pusing2 Kuantan-Kajang with only 1 full tank. around RM50 (ron95-RM1.90).

cars already more than 2 years (May 2008) and current milage 40+++

other improvement maybe just want to install sport suspension. but will do so after waranty period finish. my mistake took the extended waranty. or if suspension have problem. waranty for 5 years...cannot do much until then. huhu

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
drove the blm 1.3A recently from jb to kl, noticed the brakes are pretty in sufficient, feels like i am doing some leg press at the gym and breaking distance is really bad. acceleration is not really good either, may be deal to engine or transmission that is not able to efficiently transfer power to wheels. Overall it is a budget entry level car, nothing much to expect. I prefer myvi though due to its more responsive engine and also better steering feel. saga feels too heavy, almost like without power steering. Anyway these are my personal opinion, i do not own either cars as they belong to my gf's sis in law..

dohc4g93

Mar 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I just bought 2nd hand saga blm auto 2008..at first it does feel lagging and if i tried to gain speed, i notice that the engine is making annoying sound during high rpm..the rear brakes quite sticky and the power windows sometimes ok sometimes not..i tried fiddling with the handbrakes adjuster level and its fixed..then i install air compressor and the engine noise is significantly reduced, the pick up has improved a bit..so far,i'm quite satisfy with the car as it has a good handling and nice engine...cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

ANyone heard of this brand ? I am planning to get Card Immobiliser to be install
in my car ...and i see varios of brand available and most of the function are the same but price wise.....Big Diffrent here is some of the quote get from the asking results varios shop near puchong area

1. Black Mamba (RM288 + RM80)
2. Power Guard (RM600) ---the look od this device 95% same as Black Mamba
3. True Guard (RM900) --this one claimed that US product ..but i search thru the net and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience