New National Car - Tun M

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why is he returning to his dictator ways. Malaysia don't need a new national car. Proton has been proven to be a failure, even when they have the engineering prowess of Lotus.

What we need, is better education, better healthcare, better public transportation, BETTER ROADS (niaseng road like shit wanna talk about cars).

The downfall of Proton is all the cronies in the supply chain. And sure enough the cronies of Tun M is coming back.

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2018/06/377610/berjaya-group-plans-build-rm12b-airport-tioman

Looks like no ubah, its back to Umno 3.0 again boys!

Reactions: alcyon

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no.. nope.. dont want.. never...

just move on with it.. proton is still belong to malaysia...still malaysian car coz major owner still malaysian company....

just dont waste resource trying to recreate another brand...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
No point creating another brand and the cars not good enough for export. If it’s just domestic market what for? Doesn’t help increase the income of Malaysia as a country.

Instead should incentivize existing foreign car companies to establish their factories here. Creating jobs for Malaysians.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Why is he returning to his dictator ways. Malaysia don't need a new national car. Proton has been proven to be a failure, even when they have the engineering prowess of Lotus.

What we need, is better education, better healthcare, better public transportation, BETTER ROADS (niaseng road like shit wanna talk about cars).

The downfall of Proton is all the cronies in the supply chain. And sure enough the cronies of Tun M is coming back.

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2018/06/377610/berjaya-group-plans-build-rm12b-airport-tioman

Looks like no ubah, its back to Umno 3.0 again boys!
Honestly, not too surprised if he is still like that! Do you really think a 93 yr old person can still drastically change their ways just like that?? Even 40+ yrs old already very difficult to change, never mind such old age leh. :lol:

And no, absolutely no need for another white elephant project! Instead, just get rid of the existing white elephant that has made Malaysia suffers with probably the second most expensive car prices in the world for decades now.

Reactions: stupidcar

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
agree with better roads.
With the investment to jumpstart new project, use it for road recondition. Bring back F1.
New road wont stay flat after 2-3 yrs. Is wavy, water stagnant ...u name it.
Importantly, things that benefit public. Not burden us with another shitty loans.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For me roads here are already pretty decent, at least the places I have visited so far. I would though prefer better infra network for public transport, especially MRT/LRT supported by more efficient bus network too. And of course much cheaper car prices but with much tougher loan requirements! This way people who can really buy cars are those who can really afford them, not just paying so peanut DP with like 10 years of loans! Hopefully that can help manage traffic congestion.

Reactions: DareDan

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cannot export, domestic consumption is too little to have another national car......lol

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
For me roads here are already pretty decent, at least the places I have visited so far. I would though prefer better infra network for public transport, especially MRT/LRT supported by more efficient bus network too. And of course much cheaper car prices but with much tougher loan requirements! This way people who can really buy cars are those who can really afford them, not just paying so peanut DP with like 10 years of loans! Hopefully that can help manage traffic congestion.
Roads in segambut/jinjang and klang are terrible !. Always have to slow down because of potholes. And they are everywhere along the roads, only our highways are great.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Roads in segambut/jinjang and klang are terrible !. Always have to slow down because of potholes. And they are everywhere along the roads, only our highways are great.
Never been to Segambut/Jinjang but I've been to some area in Klang and seems not so bad, at least compared to my home country! :lol:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think no need to "get rid" of Proton now. With Geely in charge, they will not let it fail. And Proton is an entry point for the ASEAN market for Geely. Their Tanjung Malim plant is already ready to be re-tooled and used by Geely.

I have confidence in Geely, because being a typical Chinese company they will make sure they will profit from their investments. Volvo is a very good benchmark of Geely's management prowess.

Reactions: DareDan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think he's nothing more than talk at this point. So far all his political decisions are extremely smart in terms of killing off his opponents and the opposition but this national car bullshit again doesn't make any sense. What's his rationale? Anyway until something is properly penned out it's nothing more than just talk

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think he's nothing more than talk at this point. So far all his political decisions are extremely smart in terms of killing off his opponents and the opposition but this national car bullshit again doesn't make any sense. What's his rationale? Anyway until something is properly penned out it's nothing more than just talk
I guess the man really love cars, but he's going at it the wrong way. He should do it the Thailand way, that create jobs and a healthy market.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taking your car down to the track is always fun, but not when you think about the damage that it does to your car; increased tire and component wear, possible damages from collisions, and of course the ever embarrassing factor of a faster car pawning you on track. Well, if you have limited funds then the only choice is to deal with it and tune your car for more power and speed, if funds are no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience