New Myvi 2016, any some issues?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Mag9556, you are being modest. Its proven good looking males and pretty females always gets the best treatment. I guess you are right, trying out different SC to see which fits like a glove is the best option.

Dreamt about European marques yesterday and this is what the dream says about no spare parts theory. Since Europe population is not replacing itself naturally and numbers are dwindling, it makes sense that every life is priceless. Hence when there is an accident, the car is scrapped immediately since its safety has been compromised, maybe extent just got scratch! When life is priceless, safety is paramount, so they really cannot afford to screw around with "kereta potong".

Compare that to Asia, where everyone is breeding like rabbits, life becomes worthless since there are so many jack-rabbits around to begin with! Hence, safety is no longer seen as paramount importance. As such we can see higher & higher number of fatal accidents with every passing year, with NO REAL resolution in sight, as much as the Transport Minister wishes to bemoan and to continue to request for MIROS input is totally ridiculous. I think members of ZerotoHundred can offer way better insights to that of MIROS.

If you do not believe that life here is worthless, maybe this will give a better picture. The Glenmarie shooting, wherein the police massacred 3 teenagers, executed Mafia-styled and not only tried to contaminate evidence but fabricate as well, it does indeed give a better perspective about life in this part of the world. Enough of no spare part theory lol.

AIRBAGS ARE NOT REQUIRED BY LAW
Than it settled then, rather very clearly indeed. Since the government itself is wary of airbags and wishes not to get involved by making it an statute, it cunningly avoids itself from being listed as a defendant especially when the shit hits the fan.

Therefore automobile companies should learn to read tell-tale signs like this, but since it is somehow magically twisted to show that airbags are an important safety feature and it is PROFITABLE and ECONOMICALLY able to be done and to create a brand new market, which I have implied from writings by the Secretary-General of ASEAN NCAP, continue to offer cars with airbags as an OPTION.

Lets refer to some real crashes for now to make same basic comparisons. Remember the latest accident, wherein Honda Stream left a trail of dead bodies strewn all across the expressway at 1am! Surely that Honda Stream would have airbags, wouldn't it? How it is that they are dead and thrown out of their car, if airbags is an important safety feature?

Fact is, the seat-belt the only primary safety feature were probably unfastened which led to their untimely death. If indeed the airbags were truly a safety feature, the driver and front passenger wouldn't have been thrown out from their cars!

Fact is, airbags only acts as "complement" to the only primary safety feature i.e. the seat-belt, airbags are NOT replacements for the primary safety feature and never will. This common misunderstanding has lulled and misled many into thinking that the airbags is a safety feature, since it is has been marketed that way, rendering them to think it is useless to wear their seat-belt since they've got airbags! Even more remarkable there are accessories being marketed to override the seat-belt warning system in an event the seat-belt is unfastened.

So far the above only shows the "effectiveness or rather the ineffectiveness of airbags" in an event of a crash. Wait I try do more studies to try to understand how airbags actually work or their design or are there inherent risk in their primary designs or whatever. The mere fact that there are more than 63 million cars worldwide in need of airbags replacement or whatever, shows that something grave is happening with or more so without consumers knowledge. Or 63 million cars and counting, as more airbags are continually being installed and stand the risk of being recall in the future! Something somewhere will give either way.

Here with some thoughts for everyone to think about from a legal perspective.

If you are the government itself under the existing circumstances, would leave airbags as it is i.e. up to the manufacturers to decide to install them OR would you make it mandatory thing?

If you are the automobile manufacturer, would you continue to market airbags in all your cars since the market is naive enough to buy into the safety feature story or would you offer cars without airbags as a safety feature, (not the other way round for obvious reasons) in order to avoid full blown recalls in the future or at least minimize the quantity of recalls in the future.

[/FONT]
What me can mentioned here is life is a circle man.. There are a lot of things that unable to compare especially diamonds and humans...
Choose a life that you feel comfortable with where we unable to have a life that is perfect.. That's why my friend always ask me why I always :biggrin::biggrin:
I always told my friends, happy a day, not happy also a day.. Why want to spoil your beautiful days that created by God? :biggrin::biggrin:

For cars, actually we need to educate our children when we are parents that use seat belt, don't rely on airbag, treat airbags as extra safety.. Main important things is drive carefully :driver: air bag also a must since sometime accident cant be predict..
Did really:banghead: that our g is overpriced our cars.. But what we can do is, wait and don't buy lo if you feel not happy.. You got the right to choose what.. :biggrin:

I do remember that one word called high risk high gain.. Low risk, low gain main.. One of my uncle dead been shoot at Thailand since he is running diamond business where we also don't know what he is actually doing..

:driver:live happy man.. Cheers!! :beer:

Last edited:

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Thank you for all for replying. I meant to reply earlier but the last incident with airbag was a week, really had me stump! A minor accident around noon in which a Suzuki car was involved with 2 other cars. The Suzuki car showed a minor dent at the front, nothing serious but the stupid airbag deployed and broke the kid's spinal-cord who was seated at the front with safety belt on! The father was trying to revive the child but little did he know that the child was already dead. In my unprofessional opinion, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER for the airbag to be deployed, since the cabin of the car was not even compromised!

I only want to buy a new car and not be a part of the statistics due to some stupid airbag because of a minor accident like what happened with the Suzuki car. I understand everyone's stand with airbags with its so called "safety feature label" but incidents with the dead lady in the Honda car not to long ago, she was not speeding. Another case in 2015, wherein another child perished, when the airbag inflated not caused by an accident but by a stupid HUMP! I am no speed demon as my heart cannot take that kind of stress anymore.

I just wish there was a thread specifically reporting accidental deaths due to airbags, no comments etc just plain reports and pictures. Like the recent weekend case etc so hopefully it becomes a log and overtime everyone can see the trend of this stupid airbags and the life's it has taken!

Not too long ago just outside my housing estate, a Vios smashed into head-on into a Waja and literally the 1st half of both cars disappeared. Where happened to those so called airbags! I have been nagging too long about road dividers but nobody especially the government seems particularly blind or tone deaf, to the rising number of head-on crashes on roads without such dividers. With dividers, even if a car should careen off its road, it will never be able to enter into the opposite direction! Like always, the fault is immediately pointed to the driver by the media, when in fact our roads are some of the most dangerous roads in the world, in my personal opinion. Perhaps I am better off and safer in my jalopy then trying to buy today's automobiles with so called airbags that can go off like a bloody time bomb!

Guess what I have been going around and asking drivers, what happens if you are travelling down the highway and the airbag decided to deploy scenario over some stupid incident, provided if YOU ARE STILL ALIVE, how do you steer safely on the highway with the bloody airbag covering the view of the road ahead while going at 120km/hr? They were shocked and will probably never recover to answer.

I have spent substantial amount of my time on highways and I have seen lots of crazy stuff, that's is why its always best to know your odds, if you are planning to stay alive. Happy driving and trying to stay alive!

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Thank you for all for replying. I meant to reply earlier but the last incident with airbag was a week, really had me stump! A minor accident around noon in which a Suzuki car was involved with 2 other cars. The Suzuki car showed a minor dent at the front, nothing serious but the stupid airbag deployed and broke the kid's spinal-cord who was seated at the front with safety belt on! The father was trying to revive the child but little did he know that the child was already dead. In my unprofessional opinion, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER for the airbag to be deployed, since the cabin of the car was not even compromised!

I only want to buy a new car and not be a part of the statistics due to some stupid airbag because of a minor accident like what happened with the Suzuki car. I understand everyone's stand with airbags with its so called "safety feature label" but incidents with the dead lady in the Honda car not to long ago, she was not speeding. Another case in 2015, wherein another child perished, when the airbag inflated not caused by an accident but by a stupid HUMP! I am no speed demon as my heart cannot take that kind of stress anymore.

I just wish there was a thread specifically reporting accidental deaths due to airbags, no comments etc just plain reports and pictures. Like the recent weekend case etc so hopefully it becomes a log and overtime everyone can see the trend of this stupid airbags and the life's it has taken!

Not too long ago just outside my housing estate, a Vios smashed into head-on into a Waja and literally the 1st half of both cars disappeared. Where happened to those so called airbags! I have been nagging too long about road dividers but nobody especially the government seems particularly blind or tone deaf, to the rising number of head-on crashes on roads without such dividers. With dividers, even if a car should careen off its road, it will never be able to enter into the opposite direction! Like always, the fault is immediately pointed to the driver by the media, when in fact our roads are some of the most dangerous roads in the world, in my personal opinion. Perhaps I am better off and safer in my jalopy then trying to buy today's automobiles with so called airbags that can go off like a bloody time bomb!

Guess what I have been going around and asking drivers, what happens if you are travelling down the highway and the airbag decided to deploy scenario over some stupid incident, provided if YOU ARE STILL ALIVE, how do you steer safely on the highway with the bloody airbag covering the view of the road ahead while going at 120km/hr? They were shocked and will probably never recover to answer.

I have spent substantial amount of my time on highways and I have seen lots of crazy stuff, that's is why its always best to know your odds, if you are planning to stay alive. Happy driving and trying to stay alive!

First of all. I think there is a member edi replied you that the airbag sensor in the front got triggered, automatically the airbag will pop up regardless how minor is the accident. This is what has been designed. If you think that airbag is not mean to safe life then you're slapping the NCAP or whatsoever crash test result. We can see clearly that the star score is higher with airbag provided.

Airbag designed to reduce the impact receive by the individual. The driver and front passenger head might hit on something in front of the individual (eg. Driver head might hit the steering wheel in a collision). The example you given above on the children. First i think we should aware that below 120cm or 12years old individual is not recommended sit on the front seat in the beginning place. Children should have their own bucket seat (baby or child seat) with ISOFIX in the rear passenger seat. And the for the honda lady driver who pass away because of the faulty airbag recalled by Honda Malaysia and we feel sad to heard that.

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Hi Jerry, yes I am fully aware of what Member Edi had wrote which kind of made sense with the sensors located at the front of the car. What happened to the Honda driver was unfortunate, as the sensors were located at the back of the car too, hence when another car grazed the back of the Honda, the airbag inflated killing her instantly or the mechanism. Unfortunate is not the word, since it could have been avoided if design was correct!

The difference in the above 2 stories are where the sensors are located. I love asking questions and when I asked the head mechanic he says 4 but when I ask the Sales Advisor its 2 sensor, so which is which?

I only started to learn about airbags less than a month ago, did you know that airbags were already conceptualized like more than 50 years ago but it was not specifically for automobiles at that time. It was later that it was introduced into the car industry in the US as authorities learned that Americans too DO NOT BELT UP, very similar to Malaysians. Although there are claims that advancement of airbags have broken many frontiers but case like the dead Honda woman and the recent child who broke his spinal-cord is hardly the case.

Lets assume I am driving on the highway again and suddenly an accident UNFOLDS immediately in front of me, like I have seen many times. Naturally I will drive evasively to avoid collision at the front, after realizing that hard braking is not going to help prevent me from pilling-up into the crash in front. As luck have it, although a major portion of my car manages to evade the crash but my bloody front corner where the sensor sits grazes the debris and inflates the airbag! Then what do I do with the inflated airbag? Remember I still need to carry-on driving evasively even though I have escaped the collision, which has become impossible with the airbag covering my face.

NCAP will have its day it court, you see, that I guarantee. I have written rather quite extensively to car manufacturer's regarding my problem with airbag and asked many questions about airbags it even the test parameters, were test done under this scenario & that scenario and until today the car manufacturer have continued to remain in absolute silence, as if my Registered Mail have not reached them, even my persistent
emails!

Then I was led to believe that this is airbag is the LAW, although it was clearly stated in this forum its otherwise. Even then if the government is involved either indirectly, I will drag its ass to court if anything awry should happen.

I myself do believe airbags is a GOOD IDEA provided IF the car is CORRECTLY BUILT in the first place and the airbags are designed accordingly that is BEFITTING to that car. Besides I concur that airbags can and will never replace seat belts as the primary restraint systems, no matter how technologically advanced airbags will ever be.

But ISN'T STRANGE, why are airbags continually being promoted as a "SAFETY DEVICE" which is misleading in many sales brochures. EVEN STRANGER, why is it NEVER MENTIONED that children must never be at the front passenger seat in those brochures. Ahh the search of ever higher profits, I almost forgot!

I understand how and why the child's spinal-cord can break during an accident but when I asked the question, were tests done to find out in an event of a petite woman being in front, could the force of an airbag break the petite woman neck, that too was left to one's imagination. You see, I just want to buy a car without airbags that's all and it's not my intentions to prove that what I have claimed is right in the court of law. But if I am forced to, although "nasi sudah jadi bubur", so be it and I understand I will be the only 1 standing against large corporation whom I suspect will be ever ready for an out-of-court settlement. For the record, that will never work with me, now I am wondering at what price will it make me change my mind!

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I'm not here to debate. Just try to make some clarification since i see a doubt or misunderstand from your post on airbag itself.

Am not sure where you get the information from regarding on the honda city accident case. From the news, is the honda city rear-ended a Benz.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/346701

Something I'm disagreed here as you mentioned in the sales brochures should stated the details of safety measurement. As you mentioned earlier, it's a sales brochures, it means to marketing their products and features. You can get this information from owner/car manual. Try to read on it and you will found out even the minimum front seat length against the steering wheel is stated there. Car manufacturer recommend driver do not sit too close to the steering wheel there the airbag might inflat and injure you. Besides, car manufacturer mentioned do not put any object on top of the airbag locator where the individual might get hit by the object after the airbag pop out. No offence here but sometime, we ourselves as a user must take the responsibility and initiative to understand the safety by ourselves, not from third party. Eg. there is a signboard telling us the speed limit is 110km/h in most of the highway in malaysia. If a driver does not follow the speed limit, drive on 160km/h and somehow unfortunately case happened. The car lose control due to road condition or wind condition. The driver dead on the collision and we cannot blame the highway company why they did not put more information such as "110km/h else you will die in an accident!" or blame the car manufacturer why their car can speed up to 180km/h since our highway limit is only 110km/h.

To answer the question on the car you plan to buy without airbag. I believe most of the modern car now equipped with airbag.

I notice the thread title is new myvi. I try to do a research from perodua website, a standard myvi is equipped with airbag. http://www.perodua.com.my/specification/myvi

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hi All...
Please do not always rely on how many Airbags inside the car that you will be safe when driving it..
without proper check up on the airbag also no use..
Please think of the love ones... can say even a super safe and luxury cars also can kills if you drive more that the g provide speed limits.. look back at Tesla case, dont tell me that such advance cars dont provide airbags ya.. turn back to Princess Diana case.. Merc man.. also pass away...

As mentioned, airbags are additional for your safety not a tools or reason for you to speed...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi All...
Please do not always rely on how many Airbags inside the car that you will be safe when driving it..
without proper check up on the airbag also no use..
Please think of the love ones... can say even a super safe and luxury cars also can kills if you drive more that the g provide speed limits.. look back at Tesla case, dont tell me that such advance cars dont provide airbags ya.. turn back to Princess Diana case.. Merc man.. also pass away...

As mentioned, airbags are additional for your safety not a tools or reason for you to speed...
Very true. Air bags also tested at lower speed only. If crash at more than 100kph will be different results

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Thank you all for your comments. Jerry, I do not consider ourselves debating, but exchanging views in a mature manner in order that we continue to stay alive which I think all of us have to agree.

Thank for your for updates, I am sure I read it another way round but I didn't keep the article as I was not planning to a new car yet. But it still does not changed the fact that a person has died because of an airbag, WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE & THAT WAS THE THEORY PART!

But when I followed closely all the accidents in Malaysia after the woman of the Honda died, I do not believe that I have even found a crash victim who survived because of the airbag, although I must add, MUCH MORE DETAILED INFORMATION is required before I can arrive at that conclusion and that was the PRACTICAL PART.

Worldwide 15 people have died to-date directly due to airbags and 4 are Malaysians i.e. is 26%, while there are another 70+ millions of airbags that needs to be changed, not counting those newer airbags that will face wear and tear in the future. What about the statistics of those accidents caused indirectly by airbags?

All the 3 of you were spot on about speed and that was the same question I posed to the auto manufacturer too, which until to-date have not been replied and I am beginning to suspect it NEVER WILL. I strongly believe at this point detailed studies are still required on airbags otherwise there wouldn't be a legal suit now in China against Tesla for marketing the self-drive cars as "safe".

Thanks Jerry for your invaluable input, you see my woman is rather petite, so the driver's seat is going to slide up all the way to the end of the seat rails, if I do intend to buy any car for her and I would be placing her safety in jeopardy, knowing my pessimism about airbags in all the scenarios raised, like what if she misjudged while coming OUT from a side-parking, then what? If the airbag doesn't kill her, then I presume it is going to seriously injure my wife cause it is definitely going to create an even bigger accident!

Call me cocky or stupid for removing those silly airbags, but always want to I know my odds while driving and I ALWAYS PLAN TO INCREASE THEM ODDS, not lower them! I damn kiasu and damn kiasi! :burnout:

My final question to all, my wife continues on insisting on a new Myvi or any other cars (now) like a Jazz, if I remove the all the airbags at the Authorized Service Center, will the car be able to operate and move & drive like an ordinary car?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I think its going to be fun exercise, for us all to exchange views on the future of automobiles. This is only the airbag issue now, but what about mirrorless-cars, that is being tested in Japan or the case of the safe self-driving cars that are being promoted without much governments intervention in the US or China. Surely legal suits will start flying soon, that is the worse case scenario. Imagine the future of cars without steering wheels or brake pad, I can see even ZTH have to change its sporty picture at the Top Bar. :driver: Now, where did I keep those articles. :hmmmm:

Last edited:

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Ism1991, the devil is always in the details! Too bad my school never taught me that, had to learn the hard way! :banghead:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My final question to all, my wife continues on insisting on a new Myvi or any other cars (now) like a Jazz, if I remove the all the airbags at the Authorized Service Center, will the car be able to operate and move & drive like an ordinary car?
Can drive, I remember reading somewhere this guy complaining that Honda do not have enough air bags to replace his faulty ones and was afraid of driving his car in case the air bags deployed in an accident. Some one recommend he took out the fuse so that the air bag will not work....:driver:

Another was air bag light came on on his dash, meaning air bag faulty buy car still drive-able.....lol

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
Thank vr2turbo, I was thinking along that line too but removing the fuse will not solve the problem actually. The more I find out I am beginning to suspect the airbag will deploy by itself when "conditions are right" especially those ammonium nitrate based airbags based on the findings that I am reading and that is why Honda is massively recalling cars using that mechanism in an "organized and properly manner." The last thing they want is disorder and loss of GOODWILL! While other car manufacturers are still dragging their feet on these, perhaps waiting to see what will happen to Honda first, before deciding their next course of action or perhaps looking for new shareholders already?

Jerry, you did mention about not placing anything on top where the airbag is located, because these things will act as shrapnel or shard and it will KILL because of the immense force generated by airbags. What do you think about glasses as in spectacles, that many people are wearing not out of style but out of need? Surely then, this too could cause EXTREME DAMAGES EVEN DEATH, if the spectacles manages to pierce into the cerebral matter i.e. brains! What do all of you guys think about this?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

radiostar Advanced 2-Way Alarm System is suitable for all car makes.

Here's a list of car models that we have installed and the list is growing everyday!

In alphabetical order:

BMW
E36

Chevrolet
Aveo

Ford
Telstra

Honda
Accord
Civic
CRX/Del Sol
Integra
Jazz
Oddesey

Hyundai
Atos
Getz
Matrix

Kia
Picanto
Rio
Spectra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience