New Member Reporting In

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Hi dvino, welcome to the club!

About the smoke, i agree with minivan and timmy-the-gay.

About the engine rev on the high side, Type-R engines are best driven at high revs!!
High revs is where it really performs!

On the rough engine, if you haven't already done so, i suggest you send it to a workshop and do a full service, including draining, bleeding and replacing ALL FLUIDS like engine oil, transmission/LSD oil, brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
You sales man might have told you he has services the car, etc, DO NOT believe.
Better safe than sorry.

If you are not used to the car, take it easy first, get to know its handling and power better before driving in extremes.
Don't get poisoned by prasath-mr-230whp to go track so soon.
Stock DC5R clutch is very soft and so not stiff. Either yours is using aftermarket ones or you really need to change your clutch fluid.

Hope to see u at the next TT session.

p.s. timmy IS THE ONLY gay dc5 driver. We have learnt to accept that, so shall you.

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi dvino, welcome to the club!

About the smoke, i agree with minivan and timmy-the-gay.

About the engine rev on the high side, Type-R engines are best driven at high revs!!
High revs is where it really performs!

On the rough engine, if you haven't already done so, i suggest you send it to a workshop and do a full service, including draining, bleeding and replacing ALL FLUIDS like engine oil, transmission/LSD oil, brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
You sales man might have told you he has services the car, etc, DO NOT believe.
Better safe than sorry.
Thanks bro Slick......
The sales man told me that all have been done......i better get it done

Bro timmy,
any workshop you suggest in our area that i can do this?

If you are not used to the car, take it easy first, get to know its handling and power better before driving in extremes.
Don't get poisoned by prasath-mr-230whp to go track so soon.
Stock DC5R clutch is very soft and so not stiff. Either yours is using aftermarket ones or you really need to change your clutch fluid.

Hope to see u at the next TT session.

p.s. timmy IS THE ONLY gay dc5 driver. We have learnt to accept that, so shall you.
sure i cannot fight Mr.230whp ( my god) and not to forget Timmy's monster :driver:

anyway guys, what kind of alarm system that you guy think is ok?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
I not too sure these guys really know much about alarms as it doesnt make their cars go faster or stop harder or go round corners faster... all i know is most have 2 way alarms... :tongue: thats all i know...

tidalflux

Jun 2, 2009
Welcome man! Btw, get the alarm system FAST!, and make sure its a good one too! I didnt really care about security, and a month later, paid the price - some ****er broke in my car and took my dvd player..tried stealing the car too, but i think the dumbass didnt know how to start the car. Worst of all, all this happened in broad daylight in an open car park. So yeah, dont take any chances, use steering lock/ clutch lock etc! CAPTOR even better. Enjoy..! :biggrin:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks bro Slick......
The sales man told me that all have been done......i better get it done

Bro timmy,
any workshop you suggest in our area that i can do this?

sure i cannot fight Mr.230whp ( my god) and not to forget Timmy's monster :driver:

anyway guys, what kind of alarm system that you guy think is ok?

Bro ,

All the DC5's in Penang, even the Type-S , we all go to Northern Garage , it's on the Island, SG Ara. It can be pretty difficult to find, most of the Penang motorheads with performance cars go there.

But I also go to the Honda Malaysia in Bukit Mertajam, as I know the bosses and manager's there, they dont mind working on my car for me.

But for your first initial service, whereby the VERY-REAL-ULTIMATE-UBER-GAY-SLICK (chairman of homos'r'us :biggrin:) suggest full replacement of your car's bodily fluids (and maybe your own body fluids :biggrin:) , you have to prepare a rough budget.

I believe, for full change of all fluids:
Engine Oil - Fully Syn = RM200++
Gear Oil - 2 liters = RM120
Brake Oil - 2 liters = RM80
Power Steering - 1 liter = rm50 ???

Budget all , should be under RM450.

If you buy those stuff direct from distributor, I believe that you can save even up to 50%.

I believe you're closer to the Honda Malaysia in BM, the distance from that workshop to your area .... say Minat Supermarket , it's about a 20 minute drive?

Anyhow , i'll be happy to make the introduction. As long as you promise not to touch me :biggrin:

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
Bro ,

All the DC5's in Penang, even the Type-S , we all go to Northern Garage , it's on the Island, SG Ara. It can be pretty difficult to find, most of the Penang motorheads with performance cars go there.

But I also go to the Honda Malaysia in Bukit Mertajam, as I know the bosses and manager's there, they dont mind working on my car for me.

But for your first initial service, whereby the VERY-REAL-ULTIMATE-UBER-GAY-SLICK (chairman of homos'r'us :biggrin:) suggest full replacement of your car's bodily fluids (and maybe your own body fluids :biggrin:) , you have to prepare a rough budget.

I believe, for full change of all fluids:
Engine Oil - Fully Syn = RM200++
Gear Oil - 2 liters = RM120
Brake Oil - 2 liters = RM80
Power Steering - 1 liter = rm50 ???

Budget all , should be under RM450.

If you buy those stuff direct from distributor, I believe that you can save even up to 50%.

I believe you're closer to the Honda Malaysia in BM, the distance from that workshop to your area .... say Minat Supermarket , it's about a 20 minute drive?

Anyhow , i'll be happy to make the introduction. As long as you promise not to touch me :biggrin:

bro tim,
Thanks mate!!! appreciate your help. Honda Malaysia will do!
i lost my phone recently and with that lost your number!
do let me know when your free ( today or tomorrow) my number is 0124370660
i promise i wont touch you :thefinger:

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
hi Tim,

Thanks a million for coming and checking my car!!!
appreciate the help man! the car feel much more smoother now:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys . im jim
i just bought satria 1.3
converted to gti body kits and loaded with 4g93t.

well, i just wanna know do i have to port and polish my engine?
how much do i have to spend on it ?
all in a standards ,as in the intercooler,the turbine and all.

whats the best setup for me,and how much does it cost.
and for the record,its a daily driven car and i wanna have an experience to join time attack.

could you guys please help me on spending money on my satria "cabok" .

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience