NEW MEMBER : pop in for a quick intro

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
will bring the cable back to exchange wit the right one...as for the air filter i supposed it would be fine as the difference is only by a few mm and it fits in nicely...i guess the difference was because it is an elantra's that they claim fits in to our coupe...where did u get ur air filter and other parts from usually? mr.lee? i asked a few spare part shops and they couldnt even find the plug cables for me so i was kinda desperate at that point...xD

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well my car aint running the hyundai engine anymore.. but when ever i need hyundai parts i go to hyundai parts warehouse in glenmarie.. u can also check out spare part shops in jln ipoh.. those ppl normally will be able to source what u need.. :)

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
i just came back from exchanging the plug cables from the spare part shop and was given citra's 1.8l plug cable...does a plug cable from 1.8l citra suit my coupe? that's my real concern here...i asked him and he said it's all the same...just different in length...at least if he give the 1.8l beta plug cable i wouldnt doubt it that much but now from a citra...plugged in and started the car...idling seems fine...gonna take it for a spin later n see if there's anything wrong wit it...and hyundai forum is really dead nowadays...luckily scoupe ur still around....xD

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hello king jamez!
Welcome to HCC. :biggrin:
It is advisable to get a plug cable that is build specifically for your engine.
Previously there was one member driving the same model as yours, substituted his plug cables with an alternative one. The effect he got was uncontrollable misfiring as the voltage supplied by the cables were not suitable for the engine.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hey daniel, gud to see that ur still around:) still have ur coupe? where u based at these days? erm king, does the citra share the same engine? im not too sure on this.. but if does share then okla.. check to see if the plug cables seals tightly..

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
hi nic! how r u? :)
I still have my trusted ride with me but she badly needs her paint job. hahaha...
I'm still in kl. a bit tied up to my job. any meet-ups lately?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
im gud man..yea yea that makes both our cars needing a paint job.. so far no meet ups la.. the old boys no longer around to organize.. ken also no more coupe d..

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
hi daniel....thanks for the welcome...already called the spare part shop owner to look for the original coupe plug cables for me....so hopefully he'll be able to find them as promised...scoupe, citra is running on diff engine i suppose...1.8l as well...so would be definitely diff than beta for sure...idling isnt stable and when i pop open the cover 2 of the plug cables popped out and wasnt secure...luckily i only had it running for a day....

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well if u cant find the cables and willing to pay a lil more go get it from hyundai it self.. hyundai sparepart warehouse 03-55690888 dont forget to get ur discount frm the warehouse

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
will see how it goes...if the spare part owner still cant find for me then i'll ask him to refund then getting it from mr lee or hyundai itself....thanks scoupe...will keep u guys updated...=)

aboynas

From Facebook
Jun 8, 2011
Seremban
www.facebook.com
BODY KIts

Hey Guys..

do any 1 know where can i buy my Hyundai coupe RD 2 body kits? " Reasonable price"

iam at Seremban, there is 1 in Seremban town "SANG Auto' But is coz RM 900 only for a side-skirt, without paint n its a fiberglass.

Hope there is a cheaper shop around Seremban - KL

Thank you

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
managed to collect the ori plug cables that the spare part shop owner claimed to be for coupe and got it fixed yday...this time its really original hyundai mobis wit a nice packaging and box that comes wit it...also tried pumping petronas primax 95 extra which 1 of the forumer in THM claims to be the best fuel saving petrol...managed to run almost 240km for RM50 petrol for the first time wit very gentle right foot everytime i drive...will continue to monitor the fc and report back sometime soon...the same guy from THM said the combustion chamber might be clogged up due to the worn out plug cables that god knows how long the previous owner have been using...planning to try the STP gas treatment to clean the fuel line the next time i refuel...any of u guys tried these things before?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
time to 3 bond ur car :) chances are its never been cleaned.. this product is freaking amazing.. im not a fan of such products like dr carbo and all.. but personally seen this work wonders.. btw, 240 for rm 50 is a vast improvement from ur 180km for rm 50.. :)

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
what is 3 bond? nvr heard of this....240km is achievable wit combined city n highway drive....180km for full city driving...im guessing it'll go back to 180km this time around or probably slight improvement from the plug cables...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience