NEW MEMBER : pop in for a quick intro

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
cant wait to meet u guys...keep me informed if there's any TT coming up...at the mean time just trying to fix my coupe bits by bits....FC is crazily high...became better after i changed to semi...still looking for aftermarket air filter and plug cable...any good ones to recommend? wat other ways could improve my car's FC?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
king james, how high is ur fc? if its abnormally high, try replacing ur o2 sensor :) old and worn out ones give faulty readings to the ecu

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

all the old timers seem to be very quiet.. im not sure if they still have their coupes anot.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
king james, how high is ur fc? if its abnormally high, try replacing ur o2 sensor :) old and worn out ones give faulty readings to the ecu

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

all the old timers seem to be very quiet.. im not sure if they still have their coupes anot.
i only get bout 180km on average after a few times refueling of RM50....changed to semi last week n found out the plug cable is worn...the mechanic said lost of power could happen due to the plug cable...cant see how badly damaged the plug cable is cuz it's wrapped wit the black wire tape...was thinking to change aftermarket or ori cable as mr lee quoted 150 for ori one...found another 9.8mm cable by rev performance...any of u guys tried the cable before?:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

btw, one mechanic said that certain parts of coupe is shared by sonata n also other models...are any of the hyundai models out there sharing rd2's parts...or engine to be specific...mine is the 1.6...is accent sharing the same engine? there's a lot to learn bout hyundai...i'm completely new to hyundai....xD

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
for a standard engine ur not gonna yield any improvements or very very minimal improvements from using thicker cable.. have u checked ur plugs condition? if it is fouled then replacing them will be a good idea:) about the arts sharing im not too sure as my hyundai is a real early model.. hopefully other members can verify this..

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
plug condition is still good...was actually thinking of changing to iridium...probably the next change...if the thicker cables doesn't make any difference on my stock engine then i guess i'll just go back to mr lee to get the ori one....thanks for the info scoupe!

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
personally i dun find iridium that great.. but some ppl do claim to get better millage.. give it ago and see if it works for you.. do make sure u get the plugs with the right gaping.. cause i noticed mechs here seem to have a rule of thumb for all injection cars they use 1mm.. but for me i would get one that is following the manufactures specs :)

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
personally i dun find iridium that great.. but some ppl do claim to get better millage.. give it ago and see if it works for you.. do make sure u get the plugs with the right gaping.. cause i noticed mechs here seem to have a rule of thumb for all injection cars they use 1mm.. but for me i would get one that is following the manufactures specs :)
ahahaha...i guess it's pretty subjective...will probably give it a try on the next change n see for myself if it iridium does live up to its reputation...i supposed the safest is to get the ori plug cables from mr lee since the aftermarket ones wouldnt make much diff plus they do not have the exact one for our rare coupe...they need to see the ori cables to make comparison which makes me doubt if they'll get the right one...btw bout the o2 sensor that u mentioned...could we check it on our own or have to send to workshop for them to do it? plus how would i know if it's faulty? my mechanic is no good wit kimchis so i gotta find a new mechanic that could be trusted...any to recommend around kl/pj?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

btw hi ronny! nice black rd2 u have there...plus its 1.8...NICE! u converted or does rd2 comes in 1.8 as well? sorry for the stupid ques thou...am really new to hyundai...xD

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well google around for ur cars engine and o2 sensor readings.. this is how the toyota boys do it http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/322013-checking-your-o2-sensor.html or u maybe able to check it using a diagnostic tool.. u could be running a lil rich.. there could be some error codes stored in ur ecu.. most cars go in into this mode when there is an error code.. btw have u checked out what the others are getting frm their millage? it may just be normal.. u drive in traffic or highways? do u have a heavy right foot? hehehe..

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
thanks scoupe for the link...1 of my fren had rd1 and he could clock bout 300km on average provided his was 1.8 n manual tranny of course...my previous neo could also clock around that figure so i assume mine is way too much even for an auto...city driving most of the time...travel to and fro from college and around town only...so getting stuck in jam most of the time...i'll get it diagnosed once i'll be free....too caught up wit assignments and exam around the corner...btw does coupe share the same engine wit matrix and elantra? cuz over the weekend i got myself a new plug cable which the spare part shop claimed that coupe is running on the same engine as matrix and elantra but it was shorter so i couldnt fit it in...even the air filter was slighty smaller than the one that i had but i guess it's fine as long as it fits in the box nicely rite?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmm if the cable is shorter then i guess its not for ur engine.. well i am very particular bout alot of things.. so if it was me i would try and get the right size filter since u already paid for it:) how much smaller is it? btw what filter is it? sometimes non original filters then to differ by a few mm in size..