Neighbors - how do THEY cope with you?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hey guys,

Just curious as to what sort of feedback/response/treatment you guys get from your neighbors regarding your car's exhaust and how loud it is. Recently just shifted into new house and suddenly I'm very much aware of how loud the GTR can be especially at night or early in the morning.

I find myself stopping over by the guardhouse and slotting in my silencer just to drive into the compound and I don't leave the turbo timer running anymore (I just take it easy on the way home - let everything cool down nicely). I guess those who are not car enthusiasts would find the noise irritating but so far no complaints yet.

This is the first time I've had to deal with neighbors as previously lived in condos (last was the condominium where Anwar and Saiful allegedly did it) so even though car was loud, it went into carpark and even if people do hear the exhaust, they probably can't tell which car/house it belonged to. Other than the condo, the only houses my family has lived in recently have been the Putrajaya house (no neighbors unless you count Pak Lah!) and the Perlis family home (which have no immediate neighbours since its kampung :biggrin:).

Anyways, the reason for all this was that I got dragged into this conversation with some friends (ex-friends LOL j/k) who say that my car being loud is unfair to my neighbors who have obviously paid a fair bit for peace and quiet (if I may add, its way too quiet!). But the way I see it, so long as my car passes JPJ inspections and I extend the courtesy of having my silencer fitted within the compound without even being asked then I don't them anything. Plus, I paid for my house just like everyone else.

So any bad neighbor stories? Any red paint splashed on gates, etc?:driver:Cause although I have no problems YET, I've only moved in 3 weeks ago. :driver:

at the same time, I'm

KungFuMan

Known Member
Feb 7, 2008
at the same time, I'm gay??? (Jokking hor)

He! He! I don't think the man in the house will really feel disturbance. But prepare to feel the wrath of his wife.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
i have no muffler on my car and my neighbours still love me. :love:

you're using the PE Ti-R right? its not that bad lah

Daniel89

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
If I were your neighbour I will enjoy the RB music every time you drive it !

zohan

Aug 21, 2008
my neighbour's car alarm will be triggered each time i got back to my house. but i make it a point of not coming back later than 12am, beside they arent asleep yet and it is alright. i m not concern about the noise but i m more concern about the smell from the v-power petrol which can be very irritating and polluting especially to children. as for the neigbour next to the neigbour i have no idea. tis is a weekend car so i only drive it occasionally so tis issue of annoying the neighbour is never an issue to me. be good to ur neigbour and they wouldnt even mind if u r driving a truck which is more noisy.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
as for me, i have no problems (so far) cos my neighbours are the same. there are skylines left n right of my house (i'm the only one without skyline :bawling:) especially the neighbour with the big bikes, warming up bikes are quite a hassle it seems. need to squeeze the throttle for like 5 mins before going out. so if we dont mind their loudness, they shouldnt when our cars are noisy. my immediate neighbours are fine but a few houses away, my mom keep on getting complaints from them cos my cars n my brother's car are too loud and they said "rasa macam nak baling batu je". feel sorry in a way but if they are willing to contribute a little bit for me to buy nismo weldina, surely i would not use loud mufflers(excuses really)...

we admit that RB sound is music to our ears, but not to neighbours with kids trying to sleep when we pass by their houses, triggering their cars' alarms (and also the house alarm in my case - neighbour set it to super sensitive due to some thefts). especially with teh tarik sessions going as late as 4-5am...

what to do, tebal muka, pretend nothing happened hehehe... :burnout:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well I guess I'll have to be more specific. The place where I've just moved to is ridiculously quiet at night and even during the day, you can hear my car very clearly from inside your room, the moment I drive past the main guardhouse. And the compound is designed in a way that the houses seem quite close to one another and since the roads are paved with some design rubbish surface, the sounds from my car are amplified and sort of reverberate throughout.

And not to mention the fact that from the guard house to my front gate, a distance of probably 300m at most, there are no less than 5 speed humps (the irritating height that requires you to practically stop completely and crawl over in 1st gear).

Whatever it is, I think its a question of mentality rather than noise when I really think about it. Cause everyone in the compound drives or rather are driven around in boring Mercs, BMWs and Lexus sedans/SUVs/etc.

farizio - do you really run without a muffler? i have been wanting to ask when you were going cruising maybe i'll try keep up with you during the tunnels. :driver:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
[PIMPIN];3333998 said:
farizio - do you really run without a muffler? i have been wanting to ask when you were going cruising maybe i'll try keep up with you during the tunnels. :driver:
yep. might go cruising end of the month.. and what do you mean 'try'? hahaha usually its me trying to keep up :biggrin:

i'll give you a call la, esp since you live EFFING nearby hahaha

airtreknic

Known Member
Feb 26, 2007
i'm not really sure my exhaust from my er34 gtt is loud, but what i know is that the house which is in between is suffering but he never complain cause his neighbour has a Ferrari F430, 2 Porche 911 turbo and a lotus elise exhaust that sounds like a ferrari also and went he starts his car is like music to my ears...hahaha. And the house opposite has a r34 gtr also. So i guess he have to bare with us. And the house behind his house, is where the garage is and that guy drives a evo8 and a porche cayenne. Every morning all of us start our car to warm up and our area looks like there is a orchestra event going on.

Last edited:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
ha.. my housing area is a bit quiet
when i drive back the car midnight.. the whole road awaken

imagine a 4 banger with no muffler at all
only one silencer at the end.

but lucky when i moving at the road.. no hump.. so speed is ok and exhaust still low
it just early morning when i start the car..

people might think it
what a lanciao old junk car with loud exhaust.
like ah beng car only

:)

adnux

Known Member
Sep 23, 2008
Putrajaya
funny tho, but kinda interesting when talking about the music of our ears but not to the neighbours :driver: :driver: as far as i concern, if u be gud to ur neighbours, and they won't giv a damn about the music anymore.. la la la la la :smokin:

Bump: funny tho, but kinda interesting when talking about the music of our ears but not to the neighbours :driver: :driver: as far as i concern, if u be gud to ur neighbours, and they won't giv a damn about the music anymore.. la la la la la :smokin:

snx

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
i'm not really sure my exhaust from my er34 gtt is loud, but what i know is that the house which is in between is suffering but he never complain cause his neighbour has a Ferrari F430, 2 Porche 911 turbo and a lotus elise exhaust that sounds like a ferrari also and went he starts his car is like music to my ears...hahaha. And the house opposite has a r34 gtr also. So i guess he have to bare with us. And the house behind his house, is where the garage is and that guy drives a evo8 and a porche cayenne. Every morning all of us start our car to warm up and our area looks like there is a orchestra event going on.
How I wish I can stay there.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
They will get use to it LOL but i'm extra friendly to keep things civilized.

Both my cars are not only loud but vibrates window paints ;-) My Gts-t is an improvement in terms of vibrations but worse off in the sound quality department :-D

raja_rokan

Jun 14, 2005
KL
Thanks everyone for bringing this issue here. Until today it is impossible for me to get any complaints from my neighbours since my RB25DE is still having the exhaust of virgin sotong , stock standard. There are always a future plans to do on almost everything here, but lets zoom in to this exhaust decible range. Let say I will either dump new engine or not, what kind/brand of exhaust that you guys think is suitable. I mean not really just for me , but more towards the general ideas of this thread of how to minimize those complaints from them.

Sorry PIMPIN, did not mean to re-route or hijack your thread here but just try to find any available solution.

Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wonder is those ppl keep telling that these tight valvespring kill our valve train and timing belt faster, is it a true info?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience