Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya lor, whenever you got to own something much faster than you used to drive, you need to adapt to it first, not go nuts immediately! Or also when you switch from fwd to Rwd, you need to learn its handling behavior first. For me at least that's how I approach it. If you go nuts immediately then very risky. Few young guys in the Mark X club also destroyed their cars within just a few months owning coz they're still not used to it but yet went too fast in the corners. They all also upgraded from much slower FWD cars.
Exactly, my mechanic cousin did up a KE70, with LSD. A friend testing it out, pedal to metal could not control, side slam into a parked car.....:burnout:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used to drive both FWD Lancer and RWD BMW E46ci on daily basis (Day car Lancer, night car to the gym BMW). Switching back and forth helps me understand both cars handling is very different from each other. My engine conversion eventually went to the Bimmer as it has better chassis to begin with and its sits lower to the ground, good for fast driving without too much of modifications. Plus RWD in nature is better in terms of control.

Mark X might be a little tall and heavy to begin with, upgrading from light FWD (commonly from Wira or Satria) to heavier RWD is a big change though. My condolences to those Mark X that went down with the ignorance of immature drivers.
Ya 3 series has always been a benchmark rwd in terms of sporty handling sedan.

Mark X if the normal G version without VSC is a bit tail happy if you're too aggressive with the gas in the corners, especially in the wet. The G version also has rather floaty suspension.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Whats more surprising ( if the cause is true ), VIP got no money to buy the real thing?
VIP child probably is a good car enthusiast but somehow luck ran out. Wanted to try build his own car but sometimes lady luck decided to pass him during that period of time.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Ya 3 series has always been a benchmark rwd in terms of sporty handling sedan.

Mark X if the normal G version without VSC is a bit tail happy if you're too aggressive with the gas in the corners, especially in the wet. The G version also has rather floaty suspension.
LOL come to think of it my CI current has lost its ASC (Active Stability Control), only the ABS is working. Would need to get LSD for the rear diff, otherwise its gonna be very scary in the rain.

Thanks,
Ken

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Mark X might be a little tall and heavy to begin with, upgrading from light FWD (commonly from Wira or Satria) to heavier RWD is a big change though. My condolences to those Mark X that went down with the ignorance of immature drivers.
yeah, thats me with similar transition... own 1.6 satria and 1.0 viva, and suddenly to MarkX. I fetch the car in Kuantan, and during drive back to JB, so excited and i found this cocky Navara driver. You know that Mersing-Kota Tinggi road is curvy and ups down as well. When he tried to overtook me at straight road, paddle to metal and I left him... haha.. im lucky im old enough to stop it after a few minutes and let him go at last. his navara is also modded i think, lowered and sounds loud, but still cannot beat MarkX.

Reactions: minibeany

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
yeah, thats me with similar transition... own 1.6 satria and 1.0 viva, and suddenly to MarkX. I fetch the car in Kuantan, and during drive back to JB, so excited and i found this cocky Navara driver. You know that Mersing-Kota Tinggi road is curvy and ups down as well. When he tried to overtook me at straight road, paddle to metal and I left him... haha.. im lucky im old enough to stop it after a few minutes and let him go at last. his navara is also modded i think, lowered and sounds loud, but still cannot beat MarkX.
Lots of times i also have the urge to race some cocky fellars, but i would not do it with those pick ups, these pick ups are very prone to turn turtle and i don't them to involve other people in their mishandling. Pick ups are very fast in stand still, Mark X is definitely more than enough to outrun it.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Actually I don't think shoddy work. Even my 4G63T when first went into my E33 body which is heavy, the power transmitted to FWD only need, need learning to drive properly. If 4G63T goes into Wira or Satria body which is so light, the power will be wild, and youngster will rev it kao kao, sure problem.....lol
no need 4g63T. 4g93 single cam auto already can feel the pull after some minor mods in a C97 chassis.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
that's kinda sad. One stupid ass did a shit job and everyone kena. VIP no money do it properly meh.
VIP parents dont wanna let kid racing. kid ask for a proton then go swap diam-diam. a lot of cases last time back in early 2000. diam-diam swap evo engine.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
eh can ah? JPJ site now say max for perdana is 1998cc. hahaha
boleh.

JPJ stated
"Kenderaan model ProtonSELAINProton Perdana dan Proton Inspira hanya dibenarkan membuat penukaran enjin berkeupayaan maksimum 1836cc (1.8 Liter) sahaja. Penukaran enjin berkeupayaan 1997cc atau 1998cc (2.0 Liter) hanya dibenarkan kepada Proton Perdana dan Proton Inspira sahaja."

only other than perdana and inspira is limited to 1.8..only perdana and inspira from proton family can do 2.0 swap but not limited to 2.0 only.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
LOL come to think of it my CI current has lost its ASC (Active Stability Control), only the ABS is working. Would need to get LSD for the rear diff, otherwise its gonna be very scary in the rain.

Thanks,
Ken
how does the lsd help in the rain....

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Lots of times i also have the urge to race some cocky fellars, but i would not do it with those pick ups, these pick ups are very prone to turn turtle and i don't them to involve other people in their mishandling. Pick ups are very fast in stand still, Mark X is definitely more than enough to outrun it.
yeah, wouldn't do it anymore... really cannot tahan that time...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, anybody out there can machine (aluminium) trumpets for the Toyota Blacktop 4 throttle?

Hole diameter start at 49mm and grow to around 70mm at 75mm height... or any other custom dimensions??

Rgds,
Andrew
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience