Need suggestion and experiance comment

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Need suggestion and experiance comment on intake

Recently I need to slight mod my blacktop on intake, and there are a few option for me to do.

1. Trumpet eg:

2. ARC magic box eg:

3. Tom's Super air intake eg:

So which 1 is the best upgrade for street use?

Last edited:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
AE75
all 3 items are diffreant function i believe. if no problem with u to get all 3 items..and RM second issue..u can put all together...and ur engine bay look nice..and can say...woooowwwwww when someone open ur bonnet...

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
AE75
all 3 items are diffreant function i believe. if no problem with u to get all 3 items..and RM second issue..u can put all together...and ur engine bay look nice..and can say...woooowwwwww when someone open ur bonnet...
If put only 1 of these, which 1 is the best?

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
haha...i don think there is a call the best...else other no one will invest dy...just which 1 most suit u...maybe in terms of torque range, top speed???, noise level & etc...just my opinion lor...

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
I've seen blacktop with the trumpets .. evil :D but very noisy :( The Tom's one looks promising .. and that ARC ones so expensive ..

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hi bro AE75... picture no.1 look very familar.. hahaha

Tried no.1 on svt last time.. improve low and mid range of RPM together with no. 2 item..
but shud be no.1 +2 most expensive in investment i guess..engine bay look become impressive.

currently using no.2 with HKS mushroom on BT.. not bad performance but looking wise still no.1 look greats ....

i never try picture no.3.. seldom can get the original from TOMs. so no comment on this.

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
The no1. is for SVT , if you are using BT then you have to mod quite alot . I used to use No 1 & 2 together last time during SVT and is quite nice. Attached a picture for you.

Now using no 3. If you use no 3, you have to extend your air intake hose and use small size battery. If you are using bigger batt, then wait till your batt "kong" then can cahnge together. Quite troublesome. This is "Chiplak" TOM'S hehe. HKS Mushroom inside. Prevent hot air.... I think..

Attachments

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
wah bro danny.. need to use this word meh ? " chiplak"

ur svt setting same as mine last time..hahahhaha

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
Ya ma. copy 1 ma... buy from JB guy forgot his name...

Ya. I still miss my SVT. Should have just change the wiring to map sensor. KNN after change BT then my mech said SVT wiring can mod to BT without using air mask.....

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
hahahaha..

agree with u .. i still missed my svt engine sound yer.. look more solid than bt.. hahhaha

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
go to no.1 + with hks mushroom type air filter
or
why not like this..
Direct trumpet I not so like, because it noise and a bit heavy in FC.

hi bro AE75... picture no.1 look very familar.. hahaha

Tried no.1 on svt last time.. improve low and mid range of RPM together with no. 2 item..
but shud be no.1 +2 most expensive in investment i guess..engine bay look become impressive.

currently using no.2 with HKS mushroom on BT.. not bad performance but looking wise still no.1 look greats ....

i never try picture no.3.. seldom can get the original from TOMs. so no comment on this.
Haha... I stolen picture, hope you not mind :P
Thanks for sharing experience. Picture No 3 is TPS shop selling 1 le... not the real 1 also.

The no1. is for SVT , if you are using BT then you have to mod quite alot . I used to use No 1 & 2 together last time during SVT and is quite nice. Attached a picture for you.

Now using no 3. If you use no 3, you have to extend your air intake hose and use small size battery. If you are using bigger batt, then wait till your batt "kong" then can cahnge together. Quite troublesome. This is "Chiplak" TOM'S hehe. HKS Mushroom inside. Prevent hot air.... I think..
Tom's got production for blacktop also right? Because 1 faller said it is from blacktop, but when search online. No saw this information pulak.

About item no 3, hence if we use any aluminum plate to prevent the hot air, and the result also will be same as that?

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Lari topic abit...anybody knows where to can trumpets that can fit straight into standard SVT airbox?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any pro and cons?

curently i am running with one bullet only

what if i instal another bullet?

improvement or more ristriction to the gas flow?

need some advise..thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience