need suggestion about KL

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
Hello All,
i live and work in Thailand and recently i have been offered a job in KL. I'm 30 years old, single (hoping to get married soon ^^) and have never visited KL before. i have no idea about the expense and life style there.

I don't have any bad habits like drinking or smoking just that i like 4g93 machine. : )
i have been offered around 3500 USD per month which is around 11,000 ringgit i guess. I just wanna have decent life with good apartment and a car to drive. Now in Malaysia standard, is it a good salary?

i have no idea whether i would be able to save some money.

please suggest about the life style in KL.

thanks so much.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Not too bad if single. As long as apartment not too classy, car not too flashy, life should be quite comfortable. I don't drink or clubbing or gambling. Yet, sometimes I spend double or triple of your amount within 4 weeks and don't know where the money gone. Cost of living in my place is slightly lower than KL.

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
hmm thanks cls.......i guess i'm having better life in Bangkok than...i obviously don't earn that much here but with little money, you can do a lot of thing here as life not very exp.

only reason i want to move to KL only if i'm having a better life than here .

thanks

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
4g93t+comfy apartment/bachelor pad+RM11k = very very good life for me already...*sigh*

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
earning RM 11k per month at the age of 30, is considered superb already. I can take the job for you if you are not accepting it :biggrin:

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
how much does an apartment with a bedroom, living room plus kitchen would cost ? i don't fancy to stay in an expat area but outskirt the city with train connection is preferable.

so confused here .

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
apartment rental would prolly set u back about 1-1.5k max... preferably close to a train called Putra LRT or Star LRT. KTM LRT is very sluggish. Here's a map of our train routes...

If ur having a 4g93, better invest on some good/multiple security equipment as crime rate for Satria Gti/Putra (bearing these engines) are quite high. you may check the 'Car Crimes & Security' Section - Car Crimes and Security - Zerotohundred.com

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
ohhhh pocketrocket!! this is outstanding...so generous of you....heard a lot about Malaysian generosity but now i can see it.. : )

car crime!! really in KL....they don't have anything like this in Bangkok........you will see expensive BMW parked in lonely and rural place....

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
If you choose to live somewhere in tman melati area there (in the map), rental/foods there would be just nice for you.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
one more thing, lifestyle-wise living here has lots of levels...or depending on income and most importantly, who you're mixing with

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
30, single with 11K salary in KL is decent enough, pretty good in fact. Mind sharing what company its with? If not, in which sector/field its in?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
sunny,
anymore vacancy ah? interested...hehe..

anyways, u should get a place near to your workplace, at least u could take public transportation or walk to work, get a car for you weekend plesure....

Bevan

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Life here would be above average for you Sunny747.

Nothing to regret hopping over here.

sunny747

Jul 30, 2008
hello everybody.....hmmm i think the salary sounds good coz lots of positive comments...:)
well, the company just registered in Malaysia. it's a Dubai based electronic distributor who has offices in every country in east asia except KL. So they are hoping to do some real time business there.

i'm not a genius to get this job....just that i know the owner very well as in my current job, i have to do business with his empire.
i'm still considering , but they are very interested in me. I'll fly to dubai next month and will know more details.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I thought it would be good if we can have a thread to share experience in using suspension. Many suspension including OEM nowadays do not last. And for some of us, we love to just compare many different ones and get the best one. But that is an expensive hobby! So let us share here. Details to share are:

Car:
Brand and model: (suspension brand and model)
Durability: (no of years it served you before soften or scrapped)
Roads used on: (smooth, bumpy, gravel etc)

*Optional
Comfort...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience