Need Recommendations for Car Battery

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Previously using Century Marathoner NS60 on mine and it lasted over 2 years but it always required jump start whenever I left the car idle for more than 4/5 days. After that change to Delkor, which seemed a bit better as at least when a few months old can still start after the same idle period, but maybe after 9 mths use then it cannot be left idle like that anymore so become similar to the Marathoner. I've exchanged that under warranty on the 11th mth when it dropped again, then put the new replacement in my wife's car. Then now I'm on Century Ultramax but cannot really comment much yet since it's still just a few months old. So far just like the Delkor seems better than the Marathoner but not sure later.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Something depends on luck, then usage. Their lifespan depends on the charge and discharge cycle too. Using same brand some can last longer and some short lifespan.....lol
it's important to add that the MINI isn't a daily driver, which adds to the lifespan

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
sounds like a Varta battery
Bloody hell, working on your BMYota gave you super hearing eh? Not only can you hear problems with your own car, you can hear the sound of Tom's battery insulated in his boot and tell the brand lagi.

I thought batteries don't make noise. I can't even hear my battery saying its name if i stuck my ear to it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Previously using Century Marathoner NS60 on mine and it lasted over 2 years but it always required jump start whenever I left the car idle for more than 4/5 days. After that change to Delkor, which seemed a bit better as at least when a few months old can still start after the same idle period, but maybe after 9 mths use then it cannot be left idle like that anymore so become similar to the Marathoner. I've exchanged that under warranty on the 11th mth when it dropped again, then put the new replacement in my wife's car. Then now I'm on Century Ultramax but cannot really comment much yet since it's still just a few months old. So far just like the Delkor seems better than the Marathoner but not sure later.
Not too sure but spare part shop rather sell Marathoner than Ultramax. I used once died at 18 months so they replace with new Marathoner and that one lasted 3 years but with heat shield mod.....

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Just change the Neo CPS with BateriBoy to DIN55R for RM290.00 ( Trade in ). Service level superb, reached within 30min and they have device to checked CCA level.

Any idea why Neo Cps need good battery like Din55r instead of just Ns60 ?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just change the Neo CPS with BateriBoy to DIN55R for RM290.00 ( Trade in ). Service level superb, reached within 30min and they have device to checked CCA level.

Any idea why Neo Cps need good battery like Din55r instead of just Ns60 ?
I was about to ask why you use DIN battery.....lol

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
I was about to ask why you use DIN battery.....lol
Neo CPS stock battery is DIN battery. The battery cashing or lock at the bottom is meant for DIN55R only. If smaller or bigger than that, can't lock. Therefore, bateriboy won't wanna give warranty is I use NS60.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not too sure but spare part shop rather sell Marathoner than Ultramax. I used once died at 18 months so they replace with new Marathoner and that one lasted 3 years but with heat shield mod.....
Probably cheaper so easier to sell.
Hopefully mine last longer. Probably I'd also try another brand when comes time to change again. Maybe try Amaron or Varta, depending if I still want to keep the car, otherwise just change to whatever cheap ones lor! :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Neo CPS stock battery is DIN battery. The battery cashing or lock at the bottom is meant for DIN55R only. If smaller or bigger than that, can't lock. Therefore, bateriboy won't wanna give warranty is I use NS60.
Oh! the the battery holder is at the bottom like my CBU Hyundai. Lucky they still have NS70 with the lock molded to the battery but non MF only.....lol

If use NS60 you need to change to the top clamp to hold the battery down

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bloody hell, working on your BMYota gave you super hearing eh? Not only can you hear problems with your own car, you can hear the sound of Tom's battery insulated in his boot and tell the brand lagi.

I thought batteries don't make noise. I can't even hear my battery saying its name if i stuck my ear to it.
mahai.. take me so literally for what

Varta so mahal
can last. so cost effectiveness makes it worth it

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can last. so cost effectiveness makes it worth it
Warranty period still same, right? If kena lemon one, die loh.....hhahahha
My friend used to use Delco before Delkor took over. Expensive, but did not last long, but he manage to claim replacement and many times too.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros, what is the average h/p for our campro engine(N/A). I just dyno last few weeks. Just want to compare with other. Is that any different. mind to share?

View attachment 110900
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience