Need Help!!

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
Trial big throttle?? do you know what is it? It's actually our stock throttle.... it's bored biiger.... from 64mm to 68mm... you will get about 4-5whp out of it after tunning...

cheaper option is to bore your own throttle body... cost about RM250-350 to get it done.... a couple of us had it done already...

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Wow!!! Thanks barb! I know what the big throttle is but if I understand u correctly..u meant that the Trial big throttle is actually our 'stock' throttle?!! I mean instead of getting it 'brand new' under a 'branded' name...it's better to bore it on our stock throttle? Sigh...lucky me!! Thanks a bunch barb!!

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
bro red_celic...ur name is fahmi yea? i went to trial to fix my lift bolt too but mine got stuck need to change the shaff what bout u...

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm kinda new here! Earlier I post a thread in the Toyota forum about my prob. I need some help from you guys with much better experience about Celica ZZT231. My ride is the SSII with manual transmission. Problem is, I send my car at Sunway for a repair with it fuel pump and fuel filter altogether. The mechanic advise me to change it when they dyno my car and it showed a power band drop when it reaches 6000 rpm (the moment the VVTL-i kick in). He even gave me his full confident about it and told me everything will be back to normal.

While at it, he even suggest me to thrown in a e-manage piggyback ECU to boost the performance to 170 hp on wheels. He even showed me other Celica dyno file as a proof. Heck! I'm impressed!! So I agreed.

After waiting there for more than 8 hours, it's dyno time!!! What da' heck?!! The run only show 128 hp on wheels and my car still showed a power band drop after the 6000 rpm!!! On top of that...I gotta pay RM2,400 for that shit?!! Man....it's not the money that I care but the result really frustrated me!!! I really loved this car...the DC5 may have the advantage of hi-rev and raw power but this car top in the handling department.

So please, anyone in here...please help me to rectify this issue that has been burden me!! Tell me what's really wrong, where to fix it or even could give me the price range that I may pay to fix it...thanks for anyone that help me answering this thread...very much!!!
The only accessory my car has is a basic CD player and I'm pumping out 178hp on the dynobench. Sorry to say u got ripped off friend. Doubt there is much u can do about it (from a practical aspect) since the money has already been paid.
Maybe u've got a faulty lift bolt. Just my 2 cents.:wavey:

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Dear Ba5,

Yep!! That's me alrite...how ''bright'' of u to know my name!! Heh,heh! Btw, sorry to hear that ur shaff need to be change. Mine doesn't need too since the bolt only patah but doesn't stuck. Total cost just merely 350 only. So far so good la...and I'm looking forward to go there for further upgrades as long as my car are taken care of...peace!!

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

JinSRAD,

Hello man...you should read the whole post bro!! In case you didn't catch it yet, I already fixed the problems (yup! it's lift bolt issue man) and yes...my car did produced 170hp on wheels!! May I ask you since you said the only mods done to your celica is a mere basic CD player, did your car produce 178hp on wheels or crank? It's rather hard for me to believed you had a 178hp (if on wheels) with a standard exhaust, ex manifold, standard air filter, no ECU upgrades and such...if you do, well...how lucky were you!!! Peace yo'!

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
hey red_celica...haha since u went there that day it's normal la they still rmb ur ride haha...

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
[/COLOR]JinSRAD,

Hello man...you should read the whole post bro!! In case you didn't catch it yet, I already fixed the problems (yup! it's lift bolt issue man) and yes...my car did produced 170hp on wheels!! May I ask you since you said the only mods done to your celica is a mere basic CD player, did your car produce 178hp on wheels or crank? It's rather hard for me to believed you had a 178hp (if on wheels) with a standard exhaust, ex manifold, standard air filter, no ECU upgrades and such...if you do, well...how lucky were you!!! Peace yo'!

My apologies. Just read through the rest of the posts. Congrats that u repaired your car. Hope that u are enjoying your drive.
My ride is the 6 speed TRD Sports M version. The only mod I did was replace the old/dirty air filter. Nothing else. Dyno-ed it at Trials, Sg Besi twice with a 178bhp reading:driver:.

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Dear JinSRAD,

Hahahahaha...I knew it's too good to be true and I already said earlier that u r one lucky fella man!! TRD Sport M version is infact the jewel in all Celica 7th Gen. It alone produced 210bhp on crank compare to a standard VVTL-i celica 190bhp only. Plus the chasis had been stiffen, u get TRD oil cooler somemore, TRD short shifter...walau weh...lucky u!! I used to put a booking fee for a unreg TRD Sport M b4 I get my current celica...when i think of it, I regreted that I cancel the purchase la. Reason for cancel...I don't like the color, the rear spoiler plus the previous owner go and put a knockoff Taiwan rims to that car..aiyo!!! Anyway, thanks for the advise JinSRAD and hoping to bump with ya sometime at Trial...take care and drive safe!!!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

hey red_celica...haha since u went there that day it's normal la they still rmb ur ride haha...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Kah kah kah kah...ya la...u got that one right!! :proud:

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Dear JinSRAD,

Hahahahaha...I knew it's too good to be true and I already said earlier that u r one lucky fella man!! TRD Sport M version is infact the jewel in all Celica 7th Gen. It alone produced 210bhp on crank compare to a standard VVTL-i celica 190bhp only. Plus the chasis had been stiffen, u get TRD oil cooler somemore, TRD short shifter...walau weh...lucky u!! I used to put a booking fee for a unreg TRD Sport M b4 I get my current celica...when i think of it, I regreted that I cancel the purchase la. Reason for cancel...I don't like the color, the rear spoiler plus the previous owner go and put a knockoff Taiwan rims to that car..aiyo!!! Anyway, thanks for the advise JinSRAD and hoping to bump with ya sometime at Trial...take care and drive safe!!!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

__________________________________________________________________________________

Kah kah kah kah...ya la...u got that one right!! :proud:
Thank you for the compliment:wavey:!
Car might be powerful but the driver is kinda sissy:driver:
Had it for a good 3 yrs already and been itching a lot on changing to something different...

red_celica

Jul 5, 2009
Yo bro (JinSRAD),

Better a sissy driver than a reckless driver!!! Sissy driver still can upgrade skill wan..no rush bro. 3 years huh...mine's celica too...byk wear n tear n pain in the wallet to fix it...but damn, it's a freakin' good car and enjoyable to own too...one prob only...aftermarket parts support sini tak byk la mcm di US...oh ya, since u have the TRD Sport M...have u heard of FenSport Celica? Again, lucky u...thumbs up for u man!!!

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Yo bro (JinSRAD),

Better a sissy driver than a reckless driver!!! Sissy driver still can upgrade skill wan..no rush bro. 3 years huh...mine's celica too...byk wear n tear n pain in the wallet to fix it...but damn, it's a freakin' good car and enjoyable to own too...one prob only...aftermarket parts support sini tak byk la mcm di US...oh ya, since u have the TRD Sport M...have u heard of FenSport Celica? Again, lucky u...thumbs up for u man!!!
What is a FenSport Celica?
Not much money spent on my side besides the regular oil change and tyre change.
Recently changed out the battery, absorbers (bloody expensive since its the superstrut version), steering ball joints and bushings - not because they were worn but because I had ordered an entire 'rebuild' kit just to replace the old parts which I assumed were worn. Surprisingly, none of the parts showed any visible signs of wear. Quite confident that they could have lasted a couple more years.

Other than that, superb fuel economy, cheap roadtax, cheap insurance, cheap tyres and reliable electronics (only replaced a lightbulb from the rear lamp). We should go for a weekend drive before I sell off the car:driver:

JinSRAD

Known Member
Jul 9, 2006
Wah...wan to sell the car somemore? Not sad meh? Sure want to upgrade is it?!! Getting a 350Z or a Integra DC5? Heh, http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsfiles/FensportNewCelica.htm ...juz click here man and see how this car got potential to be a giant killer...wish our JPJ would allowed such mods!!! Crazy man...
Feeling kinda sad and reluctant to sell. But at same time feel really itchy; mainly due to the huge price drop for the 350z during the past one year. Noticed many young drivers cant afford to cough up the $$$ come the time to renew roadtax, insurance, installment, tyres and parts. Hoping to catch a desperate seller soon:driver:. When I first bought my Celica 3 yrs ago, 350z's were selling for DOUBLE the $$$. Now 350z's are so much more affordable. Saw a unit in mudah.com not too long ago selling for RM105k only. Unfortunately it had an auto tranny.

Dont really feel the urge to have a 'giant killer'. I believe the better known giant killers are the Evo's and Subaru's. Just want to have something different with a more luxurious interior to cruise around in. The Integra is a fantastic car too but the shape (which looks like a 2door Civic) doesnt really appeal to my taste.

Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed my Celica for the past 3 yrs. Its a real fun car to drive. Its just the 'itch' from within.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Much debate has raged on about the relevance of Porsche’s Panamera. Many have said that Porsche should stick to making 2-door rear-engined sports cars. A similar debate sparked when the Cayenne first debuted, but just look at how successful it is today. Buyers in the market for a premium, luxury saloon now have that option of choosing a Porsche over the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience