Need help, SR20DET injector upgrades...

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
the easiest way : go to any performance shop, pay thousands of ringgit
for a brand new sets of injectors.

the not so easy way : find a set of s14 or s15 injectors. usually very hard to find.
unless your engine is already one of those.

the cheapest way : add in a couple of extra injectors.

upgrading sr20 injectors is something hard to do if you are running on a tight
budget. cause it is side feed type. not the conventional top feed like most of
other engine do. try to avoid doing modification that requires you to upgrade
your injectors. based on my experience.sad sad story. gud luck.

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
I have one spare set of Injector from S15 , PM me if you are interested. Price wise, i guess most are selling about RM 500 . Let me know. THanks

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
i haf an extra injector controller wif 2 injectors.. previously used in my car, now using larger injectors only.. pm me if interested

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
AFAIK upgrading injectors can't be done just like that. You will need to re-tune your ECU to work with the new injectors, or the engine won't start, or at least that's what I've come to believe.

S13/S14 injectors: 370cc
S15 injectors: 480cc
Nismo injectors: 555cc or 740cc

I would suggest getting the S15 injectors, as they are relatively cheaper than the Nismo ones. I plan to get a set sometime next year, along with an Apexi PowerFC :D

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
yeah..forgot about the tuning oledi. at least a safc would help. sorry. btw, temujin where do you get those big injectors. how much is the flow rate.

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
rb25det injectors...??? oh yeah, they are side feed right. but how much is the flow rate. btw, dinnismo, saw your car last month at mr2 before the makro cheras exit. you were right behind me. look from my rear mirror and instantly saw a mean r32 front wth a huge intercooler. muehkehkeh.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
most shops in sunway/old klang road would haf the big injectors.. i'm using 850cc sard ones.. it's an overkill considering the puny output i'm making.. but better in the long run if i'll be making more later ;)

use AIC la.. unless of course the gila kuasa blood runs in ur veins, then get a tuneable ecu 1st, then larger injectors.. :)

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
I have to agree with Temujin with this.

I would think about what the car would be for. Drifting? Drag? or just plain old street racing. Since you won't need such a powerful engine to drift, 480cc~550cc would be enough.

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
MizuChi said:
I have to agree with Temujin with this.

I would think about what the car would be for. Drifting? Drag? or just plain old street racing. Since you won't need such a powerful engine to drift, 480cc~550cc would be enough.
i looking for that range ler. not so high up like temujin`s using (gila kuasa). about the ecu part. already have my car equipped with microtech. muehehehe

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Anyone know where to get side feed injectors for RB25det? BTW whats the injector CC for RB25det?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Jeremy is on the test track in the insanely powerful Pagani Zonda R, before the Stig tests its lap speed. This is one of the most powerful Pagani Zondas you'd ever see. There's tons of different versions of the Zonda R and including the Tricolori edition, which is based on the Italian airforce decal designs. Check out the crazy engine roar coming from the Mercedes-Benz V12...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience