Need help on swapping RB26 into Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL

I'm planning to swap the engine of this guy into RB26, does anyone knows trustful workshop that can perform this?

Besides RB26, any recommendation for engine swap into this car?
Need to do it urgently, and preferably some place can do ECU tuning as well.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
usually people would keep the automatic transmission and rb26 does not come with auto box (not sure about the stagea 260RS) so most of jaguar transplants are powered by toyota JZ engines due to the higher torque and auto box... if u wanna build a hardcore revving jag with a manual box then rb26 is the better choice hehehe... plus 2jz halfcuts are wayyy cheaper compared to rb26...

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
usually people would keep the automatic transmission and rb26 does not come with auto box (not sure about the stagea 260RS) so most of jaguar transplants are powered by toyota JZ engines due to the higher torque and auto box... if u wanna build a hardcore revving jag with a manual box then rb26 is the better choice hehehe... plus 2jz halfcuts are wayyy cheaper compared to rb26...
Great recommendation, I also put 2jz and 1jz into consideration, just concerning about durability of the gearbox for such a power(2jz). 1st priority will be RB26 and after considering the c/p maybe will change my plan...Any workshop recommend?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u wont go wrong with a toyota powerplant sir, easier and cheaper to source out

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
im quite interested in this transplant as well, but the car would be bmw e39...
one thing i worry abt is that, does it affect the balance of the car?
hence risky if drive at hi speed >200km/h:bawling:

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
i'm pretty sure it will affect the overall balance of the car, so besides engine I'm planning for some chassis upgrade as well...anyway since I'm not going to modify on the exterior, I'd not go for wheel upgrade...after some consideration I think 2jz-GE would be the best choice(RB 26 is too heavy and powerful for this old guy though)...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
that is why some suspensions are adjustable. so that they can be adjusted to suit the car's characteristics...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
that is why some suspensions are adjustable. so that they can be adjusted to suit the car's characteristics...
im not so worry abt front rear imbalance, thats common and can be easily countered by adjusting suspension... but what about left right balancing? that will lead to improper tyre wear or skid during hard braking or wet condition... as the mounting point are all modified, is it also balance both side?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

i'm pretty sure it will affect the overall balance of the car, so besides engine I'm planning for some chassis upgrade as well...anyway since I'm not going to modify on the exterior, I'd not go for wheel upgrade...after some consideration I think 2jz-GE would be the best choice(RB 26 is too heavy and powerful for this old guy though)...
i saw one 2 door coupe jaguar, is it xjr?? im not sure...
around my kampung and also transplanted with 1jz, damn stunning...:proud:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

I'm planning to swap the engine of this guy into RB26, does anyone knows trustful workshop that can perform this?

Besides RB26, any recommendation for engine swap into this car?
Need to do it urgently, and preferably some place can do ECU tuning as well.
I'd highly suggest getting A 1/2 JZ instead of a 26, its odd to have a luxury car having ITB's, twin turbo's and a manual tranny....

Haha but if you do insist on a RB, how bout a 20/25? They come with auto gboxes:biggrin:

calvinlow

Jul 16, 2010
Penang/KL
im not so worry abt front rear imbalance, thats common and can be easily countered by adjusting suspension... but what about left right balancing? that will lead to improper tyre wear or skid during hard braking or wet condition... as the mounting point are all modified, is it also balance both side?

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

i saw one 2 door coupe jaguar, is it xjr?? im not sure...
around my kampung and also transplanted with 1jz, damn stunning...:proud:
Oh ya its XJR, 1 of my all time favorite! So that means Toyota Engine suits these old timers quite well huh...

I'd highly suggest getting A 1/2 JZ instead of a 26, its odd to have a luxury car having ITB's, twin turbo's and a manual tranny....

Haha but if you do insist on a RB, how bout a 20/25? They come with auto gboxes:biggrin:
Actually my choice should be 2jz-ge for now...Looking for healthy engine and reliable workshop in Penang or KL area...

megpan

Oct 21, 2009
Kuching
was thinking of doing a swapping too with my 1989 2.9L jaguar sovereign, good tat i browsed through this section :)

t_3ayeah

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
its been a long time guys...so u done the transplant finally or not?...where did u do it?...is it fun?....how is the balance of the car during braking and wet?...im planing the same thing and im looking for some advice,ll appreciate it....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience