Need help from all pro,especially EG driver

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all pro and sifu here,

Currently Im driving my house's Civic EG 4door
I got a very headache problem....both front tyres always rip off (inner),which mean that makan tyre's shoulder for 2 times

1st time I sent to one old shop,dad's friend....he said suspensions problem,he said have to modified bit...after 2-3months,it happened again

----Changed bushes,modified suspension and 2 brand new tyres.

2nd time I sent to neighbour's shop....he told me bushes "kong"...change again...

----Changed bushes front and back,service brake pad,2new tyres again.

Last night,I felt bit slip especially when I turn corner...
Feeling something weird on tyres,pump air and try again same thing.
After that check tyres "Walao"~Makan both front tyres again.:banghead::banghead:

Did anyone met this kind of problem before? really need pro and sifu here to guide me.
HEADACHE problem:mad::mad::mad:

Thank you:driver:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
did u send ur car to check the camber?coz normally if camber probs does effect 'makan tayar' probs..

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
did u send ur car to check the camber?coz normally if camber probs does effect 'makan tayar' probs..
Sent to old workshop double check...changed left hand camber and front 4x lowerarm bushes
Hope this headache problem dont appear again

BTW thanks for the info:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

what suspension u r using??
Im using stock suspension....does it affect?:burnout:

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
I'm having this problem with my 4 door EG as well. If you lowered your car, chances are your camber are in the region of -2 till -2.5 and this will cause the unbalance wear in the inner part of the front tires.

Try to check what camber your front tires are running. Can buy adjustable camber kit to compensate the camber to a reasonable figure. Don't pump the camber, which most shops will tell u to.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
agree with LWW....

excessive -ve camber....(me running -2.5 for 3month already cannot tahan tayar finish on inner side already haha) :biggrin:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
agree with LWW....

excessive -ve camber....(me running -2.5 for 3month already cannot tahan tayar finish on inner side already haha) :biggrin:

Agreed as well. Checked your camber. Mine running for -3 but less drive my car. -2.5 & -3 camber setting is mostly for track use. If your car is daily driven, I think camber set at -1 or -1.5 is more than enough... :biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
EGs come with slight negative out of factory and if you cut yr springs to lower the ride height, it gets more. i'm not sure how much the OEM camber is a stock standard suspension setup with stock standard ride height will still have premature inner tyre wear. a worn out upper arm will make things worse. do you have bad torque steer? if your arms and bushes are all in good condition, try over inflating the tyres. 38psi should be enough to lessen the inner wear problem.

dont do the mod the tyre shops recommended if they aren't known to know what they are doing. it involves (sometimes)heating up the upper arm and banging/pressing on it so it "stretches out" till the camber is closer to 0. downside to this is it weakens the metal n i've seen an EG limping back to a workshop from a broken upper arm n the owner said he did the arm bending at another workshop's suggestion a few months b4 it broke.

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Mmm sounds like excessive negative camber to me haha.
Lucky u made me remember something...
YES~!!!! My camber ran to negative :banghead:
And tyres open 18degrees

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Changed left hand side camber and 4x lowerarm bushes
I changed 2x Michelin Tyre in front,they became "botak"within 1 month
Have to change again coming 1-2months

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Lucky u made me remember something...
YES~!!!! My camber ran to negative :banghead:
And tyres open 18degrees

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Changed left hand side camber and 4x lowerarm bushes
I changed 2x Michelin Tyre in front,they became "botak"within 1 month
Have to change again coming 1-2months
Open 18 degrees? Wut?

Err I'd dial in the camber to under -1 if you dont drive fast. I drive moderately fast so im running about -1.3 with no toe, ngam for me haha.

Just wondering... for double wishbone suspensions ah, if the shocks are all gone and the springs start sagging, does it cause negative camber? :hmmmm:

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
my "pelut" also have the same problem i guess, last time i change tyre, i notice tyre at driver side makan at outer side.

will camber cause 1 side of the car sengek? mine sengek to the driver side, 1 finger gap.
hope not due to my weight :biggrin:

any tyre shop or workshop recommended for pressing the camber?
Subang, KD area.
thanks!

:driver:

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Open 18 degrees? Wut?

Err I'd dial in the camber to under -1 if you dont drive fast. I drive moderately fast so im running about -1.3 with no toe, ngam for me haha.

Just wondering... for double wishbone suspensions ah, if the shocks are all gone and the springs start sagging, does it cause negative camber? :hmmmm:
Same speed as me~moderately fast....planning to modified suspension too,any recommend from sifu over here?:love:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Same speed as me~moderately fast....planning to modified suspension too,any recommend from sifu over here?:love:
If you've got in the region of RM3k to spend i'd vote for TiTan haha, comfy, handles well and its local! No spare part problems whatsoever and tuneable.

Can give you their number if you'd like? :biggrin:

However if you're going for more of a budget thing i'd say HWL's do the job well enough, but they're not the most comfy thing around...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How many of you are die-hard fans of classic cars? It's probably safe to say that millions of people would love to own an antique car, if for no other reason than the status that comes with it. In reference to Paul Tan's report on The 46th Victorian Hot Rod Show held in Melbourne recently, the culture is booming in the city of Oz, and such pieces of gleaming metal are considered...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience