Need help choosing 1st car a Hyundai or a Proton?

ericcky

Sep 25, 2007
I'm having a dilemma on whether i shud get a 2005 1.3 (A) Hyundai Getz (yes, 2nd hand around 30 plus k) or a Proton Savvy R3 2005 (2nd hand also around 20 plus k).

Can any of the Hyundai Getz owner (esp those tat have the 2005 model) help me out? IS Getz a good car to drive? how is the FC?? Mantainance is a killer or not? comfort etc...

Its my 1st car.. so kinda hope i wun screw it up.. hahaha.. Thank you for all your help!!!

p/s: If this 2 cars are so-so and u know some cars tat are within the price range of the 2.. please do let me know. thanks again.

tevin1991

Known Member
Feb 11, 2009
hehe... I suggest you don't have both lolz...
those money better buy a better car...
with those price, you can have a honda or toyota...
if you want proton manufacture one you can have a wira...

hehe... I heard alot of savvy have problem with the coil...
dunno what coil lar...

and hyundai car... hehe... my mum have a matrix and my uncle have a accent....
I have no idea with hyundai car lolz...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hyundai car is nice to drive and powertrain is by mitsubishi. FC i heard is high and maintenance is pretty costly too if u r buying a used unit coz no more warranty, go for a new one, they offering 300,000km warranty for 5years...then u can enjoy driving it without fearing for prob.

savvy, if u r going for the manual, it is a great choice, superb handling and nice power to weight ratio for excellent braking, acceleration and vehicle stability. but if u r buying the AMT, pls make sure u know well how to control the gear as it is a semi auto gear with manual tranny but controlled by an external module for auto gearshift...it tend to break down easily if u do not know exactly how to use it. if u learn to use it, it is a fun car to drive.

but personally, with rm30k budget for a used unit, u may opt for cars below 5years - waja, gen2, wira, kelisa, kenari, hyundai ascent, kia spectra, satria neo, satria auto, kembara etc etc......start to shop around and u will find something u like...

drop us a post if u need advice...cheerz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari and Lamborghini will always be archrivals as long as they exist in the motoring world, and they had actually engaged in a silent power race between each other for quite some time. For example, when Lamborghini came up with the new Gallardo, it has 560 horsepower in its disposal which not long after that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience