Need Guide to boost 1 bar on L2s engine

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
Hi...i wanna boost around 1 bar on my l2s engine...so wat modification should i do in order to achieve 1bar boost safely without spoilt my engine in long term....

i didnt intend to drag, i jst street drive daily n ,modd it for hobby...

Hope u guys can help...

BTW, where can i get metal head gasket for L2s engine?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi...i wanna boost around 1 bar on my l2s engine...so wat modification should i do in order to achieve 1bar boost safely without spoilt my engine in long term....

i didnt intend to drag, i jst street drive daily n ,modd it for hobby...

Hope u guys can help...

BTW, where can i get metal head gasket for L2s engine?
Let us know what have u done so far..? Or u left everything stock..? Any BOV..?

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
I left it for stock .....BOV also didnt install....i wanna collect opinion 1st then consider wat to do ....but in my mind ....my aim is to boost for 1bar safely....any guide or what should i start modd wif ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I left it for stock .....BOV also didnt install....i wanna collect opinion 1st then consider wat to do ....but in my mind ....my aim is to boost for 1bar safely....any guide or what should i start modd wif ?
In that case, u might need the following...

1) Bigger injectors to prevent insufficient fuel in combustion chamber and prevent lean combustion.
2) BOV are optional. but I'm afraid stock/oem BIV(plastic type) may not be stroong enough to hold the stress and might fail.
3) Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator to increase the pressure in the fuel rail in order to supply sufficient pressure for a bigger capacity injectors.
4) A fuel pump that supplies suffficient flow rate for the bigger fuel injection.
5) The stock intercooler may not be efficient in cooling the bigger mass of air/ Or u can try relocate it to front mount instead.
6)A bigger turbo that have a more effective compressor map when boosting 1 bar.
7) A decent boost controller rather than tulang ikan. More stable boosting.
8) A thicker metal gasket compare to stock 1mm/0.8mm metal gasket to reduce the compression ratio of pre-boosting.
9)A piggy back to adjust the AFR so that your engine is safe from detonation... Or an SAFC will also do...

For no 5, 6 is not a confirmed answer as I do not know the compressor mapping of a L2 turbo.

Just bare in mind, most of the engine that detonate is caused by bad tunning instead of hardware...

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
In that case, u might need the following...

1) Bigger injectors to prevent insufficient fuel in combustion chamber and prevent lean combustion.
2) BOV are optional. but I'm afraid stock/oem BIV(plastic type) may not be stroong enough to hold the stress and might fail.
3) Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator to increase the pressure in the fuel rail in order to supply sufficient pressure for a bigger capacity injectors.
4) A fuel pump that supplies suffficient flow rate for the bigger fuel injection.
5) The stock intercooler may not be efficient in cooling the bigger mass of air/ Or u can try relocate it to front mount instead.
6)A bigger turbo that have a more effective compressor map when boosting 1 bar.
7) A decent boost controller rather than tulang ikan. More stable boosting.
8) A thicker metal gasket compare to stock 1mm/0.8mm metal gasket to reduce the compression ratio of pre-boosting.
9)A piggy back to adjust the AFR so that your engine is safe from detonation... Or an SAFC will also do...

For no 5, 6 is not a confirmed answer as I do not know the compressor mapping of a L2 turbo.

Just bare in mind, most of the engine that detonate is caused by bad tunning instead of hardware...
Thanks for ur info...BTW....u mean tuning is tune where ya ? Izzit the safc setting or the mechanical tuning using screw driver on the air/fuel inlet ? I am very new in EFI engine...plz guide ...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Thanks for ur info...BTW....u mean tuning is tune where ya ? Izzit the safc setting or the mechanical tuning using screw driver on the air/fuel inlet ? I am very new in EFI engine...plz guide ...
Hmm there is not screw tuning for EFI. I mean not as I know. I guess the scew u are mentioning is the screw at the throttle body/FICD. That's for the vacuum for idling valve.

When EFI is concern, the A/F ratio has to be done on the ECU. Either by piggyback device(e-manage, safc, etc), standalones(haltech, motec, etc) or u send ur ECU for remap.

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
Hmm there is not screw tuning for EFI. I mean not as I know. I guess the scew u are mentioning is the screw at the throttle body/FICD. That's for the vacuum for idling valve.

When EFI is concern, the A/F ratio has to be done on the ECU. Either by piggyback device(e-manage, safc, etc), standalones(haltech, motec, etc) or u send ur ECU for remap.
Ok i have roughly idea on tuning ....but the thing is i need to noe which modification should be done 1st to prevent my engine getting spoilt...can guide me step by step ?

After certain survey....i decided to do head port and polish and intake and exhaust system....I wanna increase my top end power ...so wats exhaust setup should i done ? Mind to gif opinion ?

In the meanwhile , i also use metal head gasket to lower engine compression ratio.

Base on modification above, can i up boost to 0.9bar ? will the head crack in long term or any side effect ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ok i have roughly idea on tuning ....but the thing is i need to noe which modification should be done 1st to prevent my engine getting spoilt...can guide me step by step ?

After certain survey....i decided to do head port and polish and intake and exhaust system....I wanna increase my top end power ...so wats exhaust setup should i done ? Mind to gif opinion ?

In the meanwhile , i also use metal head gasket to lower engine compression ratio.

Base on modification above, can i up boost to 0.9bar ? will the head crack in long term or any side effect ?
Er.... Turbo charged engine only have 4-1 exhaust system... Port and polish certainly help in making ur car more responsive...

Last edited:

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
haha...so only change metal head gasket to 1.0mm good for boost to 0.9 or 1 bar by lefting other thing stock? Hows the affect on street drive ? ok onot ?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
haha...so only change metal head gasket to 1.0mm good for boost to 0.9 or 1 bar by lefting other thing stock? Hows the affect on street drive ? ok onot ?
Street drive is ok... Anyway, 1.0mm metal gasket = thickness normal silicon/carbon gasket. So, it's just like having an L2 that have higher boost.... just make sure on the fueling part.... As long as there is sufficient fuel during the full boost to prevent detonation, then everthing would be fine

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
Lolz.... forgotten... kekkekeke... 3-1 then...
er...maybe he is asking about how many inch of piping to install???:hmmmm: :biggrin:

flamming,

anyway, for boosting 1bar you need to ask yourself how much can you pay to acoomodate for your car to boost 1bar? :biggrin: or you want 15 pounds boost using a stock turbo or TD04? although same boost, but it is totally different actually..

Last edited:

flamming

Dec 2, 2003
er...maybe he is asking about how many inch of piping to install???:hmmmm: :biggrin:

flamming,

anyway, for boosting 1bar you need to ask yourself how much can you pay to acoomodate for your car to boost 1bar? :biggrin: or you want 15 pounds boost using a stock turbo or TD04? although same boost, but it is totally different actually..

erm how mch can pay ? Actually tats my concern .... my target is 1 bar wif nessacery modificatioon so tat it wont spoilt my engine in long term...i enquiry u guys help because i need 2 noe is it possible boosting 1 bar safely can be done on L2s ?

BTw..using stock is probably more preferable as TD04 would be too big where turbo lag occur ...actually is TD04 good or not ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience