Need feedback on engine swap + handling

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
Hi everyone. I am considering on buying a 2014 Satria Neo r3 and been around checking about any engine transplant but so far can't find any good info. Im thinking of transplanting evo 5 (from half cut) into the SNR3 shell and make it work on 2wd, mainly because i don't want to cut the car's rear part. evo 5 engine will not be mod as it will be my daily car(I've a 2nd gen vios so i don't mind sending this straight to the workshop after buying it) My main concern is handling. My questions are:

1. What are the other best options for the suspension aside from R3 lowered spring? Im guessing the one from the evo will be slightly higher?
2. Is there any 2-way lsd that can be used?
3. Can i use back the original gear stick, speedometer etc?

p.s., i will not have issue with JPJ/JPD if I'm to do the swap/transplant.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Firstly, if you want to transplant evo engine to our neo why buy r3 verson? Just get a used CPS and transplant the engine. If you like the r3 bodykit can always modify it later on. And Btw evo 5 engine which is 2.0cc is illegal to transplant into neo which is 1.6cc original. The most you can transplant is evo 3 1.8cc engine.

End for suspension if you got the money to transplant engine just get set of adjustable coilovers. BC racing is very popular now cost about 2.2k.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
The most you can transplant is evo 3 1.8cc engine.
EVO3 is 4G63....the same code as all the other EVOs (except EVO10)...which means its also a 2.0

the 1.8 is a GSR engine... code 4G93

as for TS... if this is ur plan, why bother with R3 version? i would get a stock standard Neo (Campro version and not even CPS version) and do the transplant. money saved form buying a stock neo can be used to fit the bodykit of ur liking...or if its the interior thats important to u... id rather install better seats like recaro buckets or something. and momo steering wheel.

and yes. its currently illegal to transplant 2.0 engines into proton chassis except perdana (and mebbe inspira)...max is 1.8 and the most powerful 1.8 u can legally transplant into ur car would be the 4G93T.

handling wise, theres the usual ultra racing bars... and also adjustable suspension... for this, id highly recommend F Tuned Racingbased in Ulu Klang/Ampang.

dont forget wheels and tires. as well as brake upgrade if u do the transplant.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
if u say i will not have any problem with JPJ or JPD (donno what that is), then just go to the maximum which is evo 9 mivec turbo.. then get a good adjustable suspension. make sure u bought that halfcut it came with a brembo, or not u wont able to stop ur car.. goodluck

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
if u say i will not have any problem with JPJ or JPD (donno what that is), then just go to the maximum which is evo 9 mivec turbo.. then get a good adjustable suspension. make sure u bought that halfcut it came with a brembo, or not u wont able to stop ur car.. goodluck
Where i come from, it is called Jabatan Pengangkutan Darat

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

thanks for the reply guys. I kinda like the looks of the Neo R3 (thats why I'm ditching the idea of getting the normal cps). On top of that, it is illegal to modify or even change the wheels (thats the law that we have) here... But it is ok to do engine transplant as long as it is from the same family (mitsubishi). Still deciding tho..

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

y not go for ori evo 7 or 8.
Thanks but the way i see it, its too expensive to serve its purpose.:bawling:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi everyone. I am considering on buying a 2014 Satria Neo r3 and been around checking about any engine transplant but so far can't find any good info. Im thinking of transplanting evo 5 (from half cut) into the SNR3 shell and make it work on 2wd, mainly because i don't want to cut the car's rear part. evo 5 engine will not be mod as it will be my daily car(I've a 2nd gen vios so i don't mind sending this straight to the workshop after buying it) My main concern is handling. My questions are:

1. What are the other best options for the suspension aside from R3 lowered spring? Im guessing the one from the evo will be slightly higher?
2. Is there any 2-way lsd that can be used?
3. Can i use back the original gear stick, speedometer etc?

p.s., i will not have issue with JPJ/JPD if I'm to do the swap/transplant.

drive down to KK or miri/kuching and get it done there... :driver:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
why do engine swap? save some additional money get a real EVO...

amirfashar

Nov 7, 2011
Brunei
why do engine swap? save some additional money get a real EVO...
Thanks for the suggestion. Ive thought of being greedy as well, simply buy an Evo X ($60k +reliable new car) and enjoy it. But looking at the trend and value, I think its just too much money for me to spend.

Another sweet option is Swift Sport but its too common. so its a no no for me.

Neo r3 (less common here and most people complain about the weight + FC of this car) costs $27k + $7K to get a decent evo 5 or 6 half cut (prepare another $5k just to be on the safe side). Total around $40K to be spent...

Im still thinking. but thanks for the input, will reconsider all the options.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

drive down to KK or miri/kuching and get it done there... :driver:
Care to share the recommended workshop? :biggrin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
The reason why there hasn't any much info of success powerful transplant on Neo is because none of the swap able to maintain the stock engine position. Which is well lowered and towards rear that gives the perfect center gravity of the whole car, which is perfect for track purpose. Unless it is just for power purpose(straight). You'll be shocked to know the fastest Neo clocked on SIC 2:37 was running the stock campro heart. Handling > everything when it comes to track.

Oh well you might have a different purpose though.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks for the suggestion. Ive thought of being greedy as well, simply buy an Evo X ($60k +reliable new car) and enjoy it. But looking at the trend and value, I think its just too much money for me to spend.

Another sweet option is Swift Sport but its too common. so its a no no for me.

Neo r3 (less common here and most people complain about the weight + FC of this car) costs $27k + $7K to get a decent evo 5 or 6 half cut (prepare another $5k just to be on the safe side). Total around $40K to be spent...

Im still thinking. but thanks for the input, will reconsider all the options.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Care to share the recommended workshop? :biggrin:

cant recommend bcoz i'm not living nearby those location..but atleast u got higher hope since those area i've mentioned got a lot of workshop familiar with proton/mitsubishi to work on your car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where i could i find a reliable and good workshop in penang for my Golf Gti MKV.
Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience