Need advise

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
Good day,

2 all sifu n fren , i wanna ask dis 2 question

1) After driving , whenever i park , i noticed there is some amount of water going down to d road, its seems from the engine bay, last time some hose are broken/loose but after d repair its ok for a while. Now d problem hit back n i cant see any loose part of d hose and cant locate where d water coming from either, any advise or same situation u guys might encounter? mind sharing with me what to do and whats d prob?

2) How much d market price for d motor which will rise up d radio antenna? acessory shop dude tell me dat mine aint working.

Thank in advance:biggrin:

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
Hi

check the steel piping near the thermostat cuz i kena before ... last time we couldnt locate the leak until they opened up so many things and found the steel piping rusted and erroded ... and i might have a spare antenna motor for sale ... will have to check first tho

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
youre driving which MR2? SW20?

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
1)Could it be you’ve over filled the radiator spare tank? And the return pressure is push some water/coolant back out when you stop driving. This happens especially after a spirited driving session.

Take a look and see if the water is coming from the left hand side of the car where the radiator cap and spare tank is. For the rear end of the car there is no other opportunity for water to flow out, unless your rubber hoses connecting your under car tubes are leaking. If so you should be loosing coolant constantly.

2) The auto antenna will eventually die after a while, most of us already switch to an in car unit. But if you really want one, try checking out some half cut but bring yours along so you can switch and pay a small amount for it. The price will depend on your nego. skills as items like these really has not price tag to them.

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
SW20, thanks u guys, ill check and repost the info later. thank you! :burnout:

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
found out the prob aldy. d hose from radiator somehow loose because of age factor. Now everything is ok already. Thx for d info n suggestion bro.
cheers

V-Pilot

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Can anyone also share here how take out the spare tank or can it be taken out?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to all ..

I need to know the suggested engine oil for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92,
Recently me done with general service on timingbelt/water pump/spark plugs and so on..

So for the first time, i used HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40 4liter engine oil. It suppose to run for 5000km but now its just 3500km ran and the oil stick sitting at 2nd bottom line..:banghead:

Current status:
Engine PnP
Iridium Spark plugs
2" Direct piping
HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40

The engine oil pretty good though, made...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience